Brantford Report. First 20/40 live game for me.

Noonish Friday. I arrive and immediately get seated for a feeder 20/40 game. I buy-in for $2000.

Nothing really special for the first couple of minutes.

My first real hand:
I get :qs :7s in the BB.

Loose UTG+1 raises, MP calls, CO calls, SB calls, I take one off.

Flop: :qd :qc :8d.

SB checks, I check, UTG+1 checks, MP bets, CO insta-calls, SB folds, I raise, MP calls.

Turn and River are blanks. It goes bet/call, bet/call.

Not too bad for a start.

Second hand:
I get :2d :2c in MP. At this time, table has labelled me as the tight internet player.

UTG limps (omg!), Guy to my right (overvalues cards) limps, I limp, Button limps, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: :2s :8d :kh.

SB checks, BB fires out, UTG calls, Right calls, I call, SB raises, BB calls, UTG calls, Right calls, I call.

Turn: X
SB bets, BB calls, UTG calls, Right folds, I raise, SB calls, UTG folds, Right folds.

River: X
SB checks, I bet, he calls. MHIG.

Third hand:
I get :6c :6s in hi-jack. New player (young, seems to be an internet player) posts in CO.

Folded to me, WTF? I raise, CO 3-bets, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: :6d :ts :ah

SB leads out (CO already picks up 8 chips), BB calls, I call, Co raises, SB calls, BB calls, I call.

Turn: X
Check, Check, Check, CO bets, SB calls, BB calls, I raise, CO calls, SB folds, BB folds.

River: X.
Bet, call. MHIG.

Fourth hand:
I get :ks :kc in MP. Tight player raises UTG, UTG+1 calls (not too much worry), I 3-bet, folded to UTG who calls as well as UTG+1.

Flop comes: :as X X. Tight player bets, UTG+1 folds, I fold face-up.

Fifth hand:
I get :ah :ac in MP.

UTG raises (seems to be solid player, looks like a regular with some weird looking skin-visor-cap thingy), folded to me, I 3-bet. He calls.

Flop: :kc X X (rainbow).
He checks, I check.

Turn: :td
He checks, I bet, He folds.

I decide to quit 20/40. Up 30 big bets in 5 sessions. It takes me a good 5 minutes to stack all my chips. I have a hard time carrying them all as I have 5 stacks of red and a half stack of green. The whole room looks at me weird as they see a very young player just struggling to bring his chips to the cage.

I drop down to 2/5 to mess around. I blind-raise one half of the time, along with blind-caps. Amazingly I end up the session $30 after lucking out with a UTG blind-raise w/ 77 hitting a board of A73X3 with one of the players having a 3.

I get tired of the 2/5 game and join my friend in 5/10 who's been playing there the whole time.

First hand I get :3s :5d in CO. I raise, folded to BB who calls.

Flop: :7c :3h :4d.

He leads, I raise.

Turn: :2d.

He checks, I check.

River: :6h.

He bets, I raise, he calls. I announce to table "I have a monster and table 35o."

The table identifys me as a loose player and I take advantage, getting paid off with my big hands. I play for an hour and am up $130 (including two losses of $5 as a sidebet on who wins the seat change) and am up approximately the same amount as my friend who's been playing for about 5 hours there.

I cash out, hit the $10 min blackjack table, win $10 for parking, and call it a day.

Comments

• I don't understand why you wouldn't raise either of those set hands on the flop. You have a million callers, and in both places just call, and miraculously get a raiser behind you and then EVERYONE calling AGAIN, and you still call? Raise! Push your edge on the flop. I think you missed bets on both those hands...

And the AA hand I'd have bet the flop. People will expect you to bet there (you 3-bet preflop). Do what they expect you to do. Checking screams monster...

Nice session...
  • why do u buyin for so much?
  • T_Mac wrote:
    why do u buyin for so much?
    2000$ may seem like alot for a buy-in at 20/40, but if you plan to be there for a while it's not a bad buy in.

He has 50 BBs, that's fairly decent.

I buy in for 300-400 at 5/10, 600-800 at 10/20, and I haven't played 20/40, but I would buy in for roughly 1200-1500 for my standards.

2000$ just gives him more chips incase he gets unlucky a few times.
  • keeth_BR wrote:
    It takes me a good 5 minutes to stack all my chips.

You need more practice!
  • keeth_BR wrote:

You need more practice!

haha
  • haddon wrote:
    keeth_BR wrote:

You need more practice!

haha

Quit post whoring with useless posts in old threads. I might have to sick BBC to lay the smack down on you (wrestling reference for you Mark).
  • haddon wrote:
    keeth_BR wrote:

You need more practice!

haha

Quit post whoring with useless posts in old threads. I might have to sick BBC to lay the smack down on you (wrestling reference for you Mark).

I must be missing an inside joke or something, the thread only looks 2 days old to me :S
  • Wow, I must be missing something as well.

What was that all about??
  • Where do you have to pay for Parking at Brantford?
    I cash out, hit the $10 min blackjack table, win $10 for parking, and call it a day.

I always park for free there. Sucker.
  • yeah I never pay for parking either but it seems like Im always stuck in the far parking lot at the back all the time.