Is it just me, or is 2+2 an arrogant forum?

I registered there recently and it seems as though people care a lot about post count. I've only posted twice, one of which was helping someone by telling them what they had to do in order to switch their Neteller account to USD. After my reply some douchebag with 1000+ posts just repeated everything I had said. I just thought he was a retard until I read someone elses post about how you're basically ignored on 2+2 if you don't have a shit load of posts or are a pro.

Comments

• Solution: start a This or That thread :D
  • You're basically ignored on 2+2 if you don't have a shit load of posts or are a pro
  • GTA Poker wrote:
    You're basically ignored on 2+2 if you don't have a shit load of posts or are a pro
  • Hork42 wrote:
    GTA Poker wrote:
    You're basically ignored on 2+2 if you don't have a shit load of posts or are a pro

That's some funny shit Hork.
  • Wolffhound wrote:
    Hork42 wrote:
    GTA Poker wrote:

That's some funny [censored] Hork.

FYP
  • Wolffhound wrote:
    Hork42 wrote:
    GTA Poker wrote:

That's some funny [censored] Hork.

FYP

what he said
  • GASP.. You mean you have to actually prove yourself in order to get respect on a forum? I'll be damned..

2+2 is no different that any other forum out there.. except this place.. Here you hurt a feeling if you aren't apologetic enough when you tell someone they played wrong.
  • BBC Z wrote:
    GASP.. You mean you have to actually prove yourself in order to get respect on a forum? I'll be damned..

2+2 is no different that any other forum out there.. except this place.. Here you hurt a feeling if you aren't apologetic enough when you tell someone they played wrong.

Yes, obvioulsy in strategy posts and similar things people need to prove they are not retards, but you don't think that someone repeating what I had said about using Neteller when I had even mentioned that I had to do the same thing is a little ridiculous?

The more I read that site the more I'm disliking it. It seems that every thread I read turns into two drama queens bitching at eachother over some irrelevant thing.
  • every thread I read turns into two drama queens bitching at eachother over some irrelevant thing
  • GTA Poker wrote:
    every thread I read turns into two drama queens bitching at eachother over some irrelevant thing

Are we 8 years old and trying to annoy people by repeating what they're saying, or are you agreeing the 2+2 way. I'm confused.
  • GTA Poker wrote:
    Are we 8 years old and trying to annoy people by repeating what they're saying, or are you agreeing the 2+2 way. I'm confused.

GTA's just trying out his new schtik. Being a watered down bland version of me.
  • So if he's 8, you're what, 12?
  • sigh, I know it's bad when hork starts scorin' off me..
  • I pretty much come across a thread like this on most of the poker forums when I start lurking there.

Now if anyone needs me I'll be back in that corner.

Fd
  • BBC Z wrote:
    GTA Poker wrote:

GTA's just trying out his new schtik. Being a watered down bland version of me.

So that would make me what, deionized water?
  • Here you hurt a feeling if you aren't apologetic enough when you tell someone they played wrong.

Agreed. Sometimes it seems like any post with the slight hint of criticism needs to be prefixed with "Don't take this personally".

On the other hand, the same post on 2+2 would get 6 replies stating "YSSCKY" which isn't overly constructive either...

If only we could find a happy medium...
  • YSSCKY????

And btw, nice avatar GTA.
  • zero wrote:
    YSSCKY????

You Should Seriously Consider Killing Yourself
  • Yes it's arrogant, but there's some seriously good stuff there.  The trouble is digging through all the junk and having to put up with the crap.  I was there in the early days -- 2000 -- and it's always been that way.  I've never been ignored there, so I wouldn't get put off.  That being said, I enjoy this forum tons more and there's some seriously good stuff here.  I personally love their news views gossip section.  And yes, it's a much better place when someone doesn't call you an idiot -- but that's just me.

Cheers
    Magi
  • I think part of the reason for the arrogance and attitude is result of how Malmuth and Sklansky respond in their posts. But given the amount of quality discussion in regards to reviewing of hands, book study groups, and of course the hilarious "Other Other Topics" I view that forum religously.

The beauty of the internet is that you are anyomous to the majority of people, thats why I don't get that wrapped up in people being rude or idiots. Also I think many times posts come off as being rude because you can't hear the joking tone in some peoples posts.