SNG results spreadsheet

Hi all

I recently completed this spreadsheet for recording my SNG results.

http://www.aleomagus.freeservers.com/Spreadsheet

It is the 'universal' file. Some people experience trouble downloading it, but my only recommendation if it is causing problems is to not link to it but instead type it into the address line manually.

If anyone can spot any bugs with it or has any questions, I'd appreciate the feedback

It is a universal SNG spreadsheet in that it will keep stats for any buy-in size and any field size from two to thirty players

Remember, only the grey 'entries' fields are to be filled in. The rest calculates automatically

The data already entered is just a sample and will have to be deleted. I just made it up

This spreadsheet is for hardcore SNG players like myself and is only designed to be used for one sample of a particular Buy-in and game type. If you like playing a lot of different buy-ins and different games, I recommend using many versions of this spreadsheet and naming them accordingly

Regards
Brad S

Comments

• Actually, as long as I'm posting this, some of you might also want to take a look at my one page 'How to beat the Party 10+1' guide

http://www.aleomagus.freeservers.com/Strategy

It is far from perfect, but if you are really struggling with SNGs, it can be a good place to start. It has been heavily debated on another forum and is generally well received.

Most will attest at least break even results using this strategy and some have claimed as high as 30% ROI. I tend to think it will produce between -10% and +10% ROI in the long run. A players poker instincts will come into play, especially on the bubble and this can account for better or worse results.

Regards
    Brad S
  • Very cool. I'm a big sng freak so this is definitely useful to me. Thanks for sharing!
  • Oops, forgot to log in. :oops:
  • Hmm, when I enter the values nothing seems to change. I played 2 sng's and entered both. Any Idea what I'm doing wrong?
  • I've downloaded it again, deleted the sample tourneys, inputed game info in the top 'entries' fields, and then entered 2 tourneys

And I have no idea why it isn't working for you. It seemed to work fine.

Are you sure that you are putting info in the grey 'entries' fields only?
    Are you checking the 'stats', and graphs pages for info changes?
    Are you sure that you are entering info in the correct columns?
    Are you sure that you have properly filled in the SNG info?

Perhaps in looking at the spreadsheet you inadvertently changed an important calculation field by clicking on it and deleting/changing it.

Remember also that two sngs is a very small sample. Many of the calculations are completely meaningless at this point.

Let me know if you still have trouble

Regards
    Brad S
  • I'll give it another try tonight. Thanks.