playing free rolls really pays....

Now I have your attention, could you pass me on your opinion for online freerolls.
Reading books and talking to friends I have had mixed reviews.
Personally, I enjoy any game of poker, rgardless of what type of game, because I just love to play.
By the way I never have won a freeroll, which kinda leans me to trying to win at least just one, even if most players on these freerolls play weird.
Have any of you's won, do you know what I mean by aggressive weird players?
Let me know....

Comments

• Only play freerolls on Pokerhost.com Best ever.

Seriously, I think freerolls are mostly a waste of time. If you somehow manage to get past the huge field of retards playing then the payouts aren't usually worth your time anyways.
  • pokerhost freerolls are awesome.
  • Ive played some free rolls that pay on pokerstars only problem is the first hour is an all in fest, actually even some pay ones are like that too...lol.
  • LuckyPaul wrote:
    Ive played some free rolls that pay on pokerstars only problem is the first hour is an all in fest, actually even some pay ones are like that too...lol.

Ever tried the $3R or the $5R? Its madness man.
  • total waste of time
  • pkrfce9 wrote:
    total waste of time

I figured that out the first time I played one. My wife plays them every so often and she's mad ethe money a few times. Nothing ever big but at least something.
  • I've won the Absolute freerolls 4 or 5 times, mostly just to get into the Sunday AP Challenge. Incredible waste of 5+ hours. Won the Tiger freeroll 8-10 times. Not much luck on Pokerroom or Royal Vegas. Royal Vegas is the craziest - 10 000 person freeroll. Made top 100 once. I wonder how long it takes to play the entire tourney.

I don't really play freerolls anymore, except the $3k and $6k player point tourneys at Pokerroom and the odd VIP freeroll at Absolute.

MM's BR was started from Tiger freerolls. Her BR is now up over $2k. Not bad for $0 in. She has not deposited one penny of her own money.
  • Agreed, it's good when you are starting out and great if you don't want to put your own money in. If you look at the time required to build up the bankroll from 0, I think you're better off putting in a couple hundred of your own and starting at slightly higher stakes. The payouts in the freerolls generally seem to be very top heavy and the play is so bad it seems like a poor investment of time to me. But free is good.
  • pkrfce9 wrote:
    Agreed, it's good when you are starting out and great if you don't want to put your own money in. If you look at the time required to build up the bankroll from 0, I think you're better off putting in a couple hundred of your own and starting at slightly higher stakes. The payouts in the freerolls generally seem to be very top heavy and the play is so bad it seems like a poor investment of time to me. But free is good.

No question. MM spent 3 months or so playing $.10/.20 tables and didn't start on .25/.50 until she hit $400 or so. In another 3 months she hit $1000 and went to $1/2. She still plays $1/2 but doubled though to $2k in the last 3 months. But starting with freeroll money was the only way to turn her into a real money player.
  • moose wrote:
    pkrfce9 wrote:
    Agreed, it's good when you are starting out and great if you don't want to put your own money in. If you look at the time required to build up the bankroll from 0, I think you're better off putting in a couple hundred of your own and starting at slightly higher stakes. The payouts in the freerolls generally seem to be very top heavy and the play is so bad it seems like a poor investment of time to me. But free is good.

No question.  MM spent 3 months or so playing $.10/.20 tables and didn't start on .25/.50 until she hit $400 or so.  In another 3 months she hit $1000 and went to $1/2.  She still plays $1/2 but doubled though to $2k in the last 3 months.  But starting with freeroll money was the only way to turn her into a real money player.

She built a $400 bankroll playing .10/20 LHE? How long did that take?
  • MM spent 3 months or so playing $.10/.20 tables

Tiger players are really fishy. I mean REALLY.

$5 rebuy today:
    Tiger: 130 entries, over 400 rebuys, 79 addons (103 players left at break)
    Absolute: 159 entries, 184 rebuys, 153 addons (Absolute has double addons)
  • Played the $5 rebuy on Tiger tonight
    130 entries
    507 rebuys
    92 at break
    84 addons
    $3605 prize pool
    Craziness!
    Sitting 13 out of 20. 10 to money.
  • pkrfce9 wrote:
    total waste of time

I completely disagree. If you're a beginner or trying to learn or perhaps just want to try out some different tournament tactics or styles of play then I think they are great practice. Sure as far as payout goes they are pretty much a waste of time, if you're in it for the money then I'd agree with your comment but what better venue then a freeroll to practice and get experience.
    Sure there are a bunch of idiots all-in all the time but you'll get that in a lot of the low/micro buy-ins as well.
    I've used them to try different styles of play and used them for the experience of playing against different styles and in that case the cost of learning in a freeroll can't be beat.
  • I played a freeroll on Royal vegas in the first month I started playing online. It had 9000 plus players took about 5 hours but I finished 2nd and it paid me $295. I think that is worth the time. I think the Royal Vegas freerolls when you rake 100 hands in a day aren't to bad. You get 500-800 entrants 30% at least on post and fold so for a couple hours invested I think you can get into top 20 position. Mind you the money really starts for the final table. I think it is a good learning tool for the $3 all in tourneys and working your way up.
  • pkrfce9 wrote:

I started my Partypoker BR without depositing a cent.  You can get $75 to use without a deposit through this site, http://www.partypoker75.com/, when you open a new account.  I was skeptical at first but honestly there is no catch.

cheers
  • Lukey wrote:
    [I started my Partypoker BR without depositing a cent.  You can get $75 to use without a deposit through this site, http://www.partypoker75.com/, when you open a new account.  I was skeptical at first but honestly there is no catch.

cheers

Other then having to play 500 raked hands with only a $50 roll before you get the other $25, which I guess is better then just depositing without any bonuses but I think first time depositors are better off doing an "invite-a-friend" promo. On Party you only have to play 125 raked hands and then the referrer gets $50 and the referred gets $25, that's $37.50 each with a lot less hands to play.
  • Big E wrote:
    Lukey wrote:
    [I started my Partypoker BR without depositing a cent.  You can get $75 to use without a deposit through this site, http://www.partypoker75.com/, when you open a new account.  I was skeptical at first but honestly there is no catch.

cheers

Other then having to play 500 raked hands with only a $50 roll before you get the other $25, which I guess is better then just depositing without any bonuses but I think first time depositors are better off doing an "invite-a-friend" promo. On Party you only have to play 125 raked hands and then the referrer gets $50 and the referred gets $25, that's $37.50 each with a lot less hands to play.

That works too and for sure is less tedious if you're trying to get the $25 but you still have to deposit something. My solution was for starting off for free. When I did I didn't worry about the $25. I just said...ok...I have $50...how do I make grow?
  • These two hands are reasons why you shouldn't play freerolls :D

PokerStars Game #4156245159: Tournament #20363544, Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2006/03/02 - 23:02:01 (ET)
    Table '20363544 366' Seat #1 is the button
    Seat 1: Poler Bear (1500 in chips)
    Seat 2: SNOBSTER (1500 in chips)
    Seat 3: Enfield303 (1500 in chips)
    Seat 4: JohnnyWalk11 (1500 in chips) is sitting out
    Seat 5: wesleyw (1500 in chips)
    Seat 6: PostalRam (1500 in chips)
    Seat 7: flopwilliams (1500 in chips)
    Seat 8: CHILIFEVER (1500 in chips) is sitting out
    Seat 9: A erickson (1500 in chips)
    SNOBSTER: posts small blind 10
    Enfield303: posts big blind 20
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to wesleyw [5h Qh]
    JohnnyWalk11: folds
    wesleyw: calls 20
    PostalRam: folds
    flopwilliams: calls 20
    CHILIFEVER: folds
    A erickson: calls 20
    Poler Bear: raises 1480 to 1500 and is all-in
    SNOBSTER: calls 1490 and is all-in
    Enfield303: calls 1480 and is all-in
    wesleyw: calls 1480 and is all-in
    flopwilliams: calls 1480 and is all-in
    A erickson: folds
    Poler Bear said, "omg lol"
    *** FLOP *** [Jh 6c 8h]
    *** TURN *** [Jh 6c 8h] [9h]
    *** RIVER *** [Jh 6c 8h 9h] [5s]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    SNOBSTER: shows [Qs As] (high card Ace)
    Enfield303: shows [Ad 5c] (a pair of Fives)
    wesleyw: shows [5h Qh] (a flush, Queen high)
    flopwilliams: shows [Kh Jd] (a pair of Jacks)
    Poler Bear: shows (a pair of Tens)
    wesleyw collected 7520 from pot
    Emicolo is connected
    CHILIFEVER has returned
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 7520 | Rake 0
    Board [Jh 6c 8h 9h 5s]
    Seat 1: Poler Bear (button) showed and lost with a pair of Tens
    Seat 2: SNOBSTER (small blind) showed [Qs As] and lost with high card Ace
    Seat 3: Enfield303 (big blind) showed [Ad 5c] and lost with a pair of Fives
    Seat 4: JohnnyWalk11 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 5: wesleyw showed [5h Qh] and won (7520) with a flush, Queen high
    Seat 6: PostalRam folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 7: flopwilliams showed [Kh Jd] and lost with a pair of Jacks
    Seat 8: CHILIFEVER folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 9: A erickson folded before Flop

PokerStars Game #4156259139: Tournament #20363544, Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2006/03/02 - 23:02:55 (ET)
    Table '20363544 366' Seat #4 is the button
    Seat 1: Dolphin81 (1500 in chips) is sitting out
    Seat 2: Emicolo (1490 in chips)
    Seat 3: noliveira64 (1500 in chips) is sitting out
    Seat 4: JohnnyWalk11 (1500 in chips) is sitting out
    Seat 5: wesleyw (7520 in chips)
    Seat 6: PostalRam (1500 in chips)
    Seat 7: JoeDaKid (1500 in chips) is sitting out
    Seat 8: CHILIFEVER (1500 in chips)
    Seat 9: A erickson (1480 in chips)
    wesleyw: posts small blind 10
    PostalRam: posts big blind 20
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to wesleyw [Qd Kc]
    JoeDaKid: folds
    CHILIFEVER: raises 1480 to 1500 and is all-in
    A erickson: folds
    Dolphin81: folds
    Emicolo: folds
    noliveira64: folds
    JohnnyWalk11: folds
    wesleyw: calls 1490
    PostalRam: calls 1480 and is all-in
    *** FLOP *** [8h 8c Td]
    *** TURN *** [8h 8c Td] [Qh]
    *** RIVER *** [8h 8c Td Qh] [6h]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    wesleyw: shows [Qd Kc] (two pair, Queens and Eights)
    PostalRam: shows [Ad Kh] (a pair of Eights)
    CHILIFEVER: shows [Tc Jc] (two pair, Tens and Eights)
    wesleyw collected 4500 from pot
    archilete is connected
    ged36 is connected
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 4500 | Rake 0
    Board [8h 8c Td Qh 6h]
    Seat 1: Dolphin81 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 2: Emicolo folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 3: noliveira64 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 4: JohnnyWalk11 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 5: wesleyw (small blind) showed [Qd Kc] and won (4500) with two pair, Queens and Eights
    Seat 6: PostalRam (big blind) showed [Ad Kh] and lost with a pair of Eights
    Seat 7: JoeDaKid folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 8: CHILIFEVER showed [Tc Jc] and lost with two pair, Tens and Eights
    Seat 9: A erickson folded before Flop (didn't bet)
  • It's all starting to make sense now wes, I can see why you called....

stp
  • Note to the hands.

They were played under my account, but was played by a friend while I was off doing hwk...
    Now its up to you to believe me or not.

As to why I called, I think that will haunt me for the rest of my life.