Suggestion for the Home Game section

I would suggest that we break up the home game section into a private club section and a home game section as sometimes peoples post that are looking to add one or two people to their "home" home game get swallowed up by the club home games.

Comments

• Seconded. I get really lost trying to find home games (because I don't want to play in the clubs) and it starts to get frustrating after a while.

The other option might be to have the private clubs have a special thing that will give people the option to not see any posts started by them.

That was a terrible explination, but hopefully someone knows what i mean
  • Plus it'll also make it easier for the cops!!

I'm not sure I see a problem. Taking a look at the Home Game board right now I see posts dating back more than two days on the main page.

Personally, I think it'd better to come up with an agreement on a format for the title of an announcement so that it becomes easier to find games. Including information like town, date and event name in the title would help people looking for specific games in specific areas.

Beyond that, I think the only other logical break up is to divide the Home Game section by region.
  • From last time: http://pokerforum.ca/forum/index.php?topic=6372.0
    Zithal wrote:
    Personally, I think it'd better to come up with an agreement on a format for the title of an announcement so that it becomes easier to find games.  Including information like town, date and event name in the title would help people looking for specific games in specific areas.
    Totally agree about the descriptive subject, although enforcing it will be a bit more difficult.
  • Zithal wrote:
    Plus it'll also make it easier for the cops!!

Because the current format confuses that cops???? ;)
  • I think breaking this section down any further has been discussed and it will make things more disorganized that you can imagine. Seperating club games from home games can be murky water. Sometimes some "clubs" run rake-free games. Can they then post in the "home" section? What if they have a raked side game? Where to they go then?

This feels odd showing support raked games.
  • I think breaking this section down any further has been discussed and it will make things more disorganized that you can imagine. Seperating club games from home games can be murky water. Sometimes some "clubs" run rake-free games. Can they then post in the "home" section? What if they have a raked side game? Where to they go then?

This feels odd showing support raked games.

I agree. What about the "Poker clubs" that are really a raked home game? It would be confusing indeed.

As it is right now most people list "home game" in their title when posting which should be the easiest way to track the different games.
    I play both and prefer seeing them in one location.