Bye Rogers, Hi Bell

Lesser of 2 evils I suppose. I will be cancelling all of my Rogers services if Bell does not throttle P2P as promised.

Comments

• Worst move you'll ever make.
  • Make sure you check how far you are from the 'magic box' .. I'm too far and stuck at 1.5Mbps service.
  • Why? Rogers throttles P2P and Bell doesn't, basically all I care about.
  • Thanks BBC, I'll try it for a month and if it's chit then I'll look for another option.
  • I've been on Bell for a few years and I've been getting good speed with my P2P. Torrents with good seeders I'm averaging 30-40kbs, and limewire and such is pretty good speed also. But I think cell phone its better to stick with Rogers then switch to bell.
  • yeah, i just wnat to get rid of all of my rogers products as this throttling has pissed me off...first my internet, then maybe phone/cable
  • I strongly advise against switching off Rogers to Bell mobile phone because the coverage is better with Rogers, as well as the GSM phones used by Rogers are much better then those used by Bell.
  • ahh, Gotta love Cogeco Cable and thier no cap no nonsense approach. I could D/L 24/7 and still no one would care.
  • westside8 wrote:
    I strongly advise against switching off Rogers to Bell mobile phone because the coverage is better with Rogers, as well as the GSM phones used by Rogers are much better then those used by Bell.

was talking about home phone
  • Ignor what I said then :D
  • I have Bell for my phone, internet, and Bell ExpressU. (I LOVE my PVR!!!)

I've never had any major problems, and when something minor crops up, the service has always been very good.
  • I used to be with bell for everything but now I'm with rogers completly execpt my cell phone cause I have a year left on my contract when its done I will ditch that too. I find that bell has the worst customer service of all TIME, they switch you from person to person each time putting you on hold for 10to15min and if I have to spend another min going thru that stupid automated call center I will lose it completely. The thing that did it for me was when I called about my cell phone bill I was over charged on services I did not ask for and they gave me the run around and were very rude and even said to me " what are you gonna do sir? you cant do anything your on a contract with us" Thats when I told her to cancel my home phone and internet.
  • LuckyPaul wrote:
    I used to be with bell for everything but now I'm with rogers completly execpt my cell phone cause I have a year left on my contract when its done I will ditch that too. I find that bell has the worst customer service of all TIME, they switch you from person to person each time putting you on hold for 10to15min and if I have to spend another min going thru that stupid automated call center I will lose it completely. The thing that did it for me was when I called about my cell phone bill I was over charged on services I did not ask for and they gave me the run around and were very rude and even said to me " what are you gonna do sir? you cant do anything your on a contract with us" Thats when I told her to cancel my home phone and internet.

customer service sucks with both, as it does withh just about all large corporations these days...I lived in Seattle and it took msn 4 months to ship me a modem :D

all I care about is that Rogers throttles P2P and Bell apparently does not