Hey All Aces...

Comments

• Soooo... I take it you've seen Poker Night Live...

There's a story there.  As you probably know, my name (Devin) has no "O" in it.  So, why "Devo"?

It's kind of a work thing.  Basically, I work in television as a camera operator.  A lot of the hotshot camera op's in the city (not saying I'm one of them) have nicknames... Bongo, Bri-Bri, Donny, JD, etc etc etc.  With the first part of my name being "Dev", it didn't take long before directors and others were calling me Devo, and it stuck.  I don't mind the nickname... I have certainly grown accustomed to it.

So, how did I become "Devo" on-air?  Well, the technical producer at PNL is the tape guy for Idol, where I am known as Devo.  I walked into the audition, saw the TP, and he said "Hey, Devo!!!".  The producer of PNL at that point said: "Devo... I LIKE that!  Can you be Devo on-air?"  The obvious answer to a question that begins with "Can you..." is "Yes."  Especially when it the producer asking, and you are being considered for the job.

So there you have it.

DEVO
  • I thought you were talking about the soccer team for a second.
  • LOL.

BTW I don't know if anyone noticed but I'm really getting into the whole scrolling colourful big word thing.  It's the new ROFLMAO.
  • Next time you have a poker problem just sit back and think to your self:

devo.jpg
  • LOL thanks.

That is a completely disturbing picture.  I'll try to conjure it up in Windsor and Sarnia this weekend...
  • all_aces wrote:
    LOL thanks.

That is a completely disturbing picture.  I'll try to conjure it up in Windsor and Sarnia this weekend...

I'm surprised no one has posted something like this earlier.
  • Saw your show the other night at 11 for the first time. Great show. I love the SNG analysis - your predictions seem to be quite accurate after watching very limited hands (although seeing the cards does help).

Best of luck with the show.