JJprodigy.

If you guys play and research online poker like i do, the name JJProdigy should be both well known and fresh on your mind.
10 days ago JJ won the Sunday partypoker 200 bucker for $140K under a second account.
A lot of discussion went on about the rules and ethics involved in playing multiple accounts in the same monster field tournies.
Upon further inspection, things have recently turned terrible for JJ.
The 140K win from his second account was withheld along with the 40K he had in his JJProdigy partypoker account. Both account have been closed.
That was the only the beginning.  Josh came forward about what had happened a few different times, with slightly different stories to try to cover his own ass.  JJ has been considered one of the best online tourney and sitngo players for about 10 months now.  Until today he was known as a 26 yr old senior at U of Southern California, with a great mind for poker.
Yersterday JJ had his pokerstars account shut down.  It seems JJProdigy had an accomplice, playing high buyin sitngos and other tournies holding control over more than just his one allowed account.  It seems all the sites are going to kill his accounts.
They will have no choice when everything comes out and is made official.

For those of you who have heard of JJProdigy or want to see who he really is, peep this.

http://myspace.com/themanjosh

People had to be suspicious when one of the sites most frequent, most skilled, and highest rolling tourney players didnt play towards an Atlantis WPT trip.
Kids really are taking over poker though. I wish i turned 16 only a month ago.

Comments

• I've been keeping up to date with this stuff too.

I was next to him in a Stars MTT a few days ago (before he was banned from there as well). I said: "JJ you really have to give 140K back to Party?" He said: "180K". I said: "Ouch", and he said no biggie or something like that.

An expensive mistake... but a good ruling, I think. When someone busts out of a B&M tournament, they don't get to go and take a friend's place who's still alive...
  • I read a post from JJ on 2+2, let me see if I can dig it out.

For anyone interested:
    http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=4785067&an=0&page=0#Post4785067

I also read somewhere that there has been quite a few people who has e-mailed Stars/Party regarding this1.

1This being same person playing on multiple accounts in MTT tournaments
  • My original post wasnt clear.
    His myspace, although it claims he is 26 yrs old, he is not.
    If you do any looking on his myspace you will see that he is in fact 16 years old and in 10th grade.
  • Wow, thats crazy. 16 and 10th grade.
  • UN- $%#$% Believable
  • I hope that noone was under the assumption that this is not common practice in online high limit MTTs and SNGs.

Welcome to reality.
  • I want to see how party gives back the 180k like they say they will..
  • I've played against JJ on a final table but unfortunately it was on the Empire 200k.. so no refund for me. :o(

I for one am glad they caught him and hope they catch more!
  • Maybe this one will be the "example" they set for others who are doing it right now as a warning to stop knowing the sites will do something about it
  • I find it truly remarkable that a 16 year old can dominate online poker the way he did. He was constantly in the top 10 rankings at pockefives.com, and those are elite tournament pros. I feel bad for the kid, but at the same time, I think he had it coming. He openly admitted to multi accounting the same tournament, and now he has to face the music. I doubt he has to worrry though, a poker mind that great cant stay down for long.

I wondered when this forum would finally bring up this topic, although its kind of nice, every other forum is in like "JJ Mania" right now.
  • he was cheating forever.  It shows how the sites DO NOT CARE AT ALL ABOUT CHEATERS unless the whole community goes nuts.  I have read every post about JJ since this started, most have been deleted now.  .  GGFRAUDIGY
  • BBC Z wrote:
    I want to see how party gives back the 180k like they say they will..

They contacted all of the players in the tournament and awarded them extra money for ostensibly finishing one spot higher than they did.  That took care of the 140K... not sure about the remaining 40K.

Someone wrote on another forum that from now on, every time they money in a MTT, they're going to blanket report every single player who finishes ahead of them for cheating.  It's like throwing darts at a dartboard with your eyes closed....  SOME of them have got to be cheating, let the site figure out which ones, and get more $$$ for your finish...
  • Funny. The thing I am impressed with most is his grasp of the English language. For a 16 year old, his post was readable, unlike a lot of people his age. (Please don't flame me, I speak from experience, my wife works in a High School and I taught College).

It is too bad but I figured this sort of thing was really prevelant anyhow. I wonder if anyhting will ever really be done.

I want to hear mroe stories about people that suck at this though.
  • Just been reported. ZeeJustin (Justin Bonomo) also lost his accounts for multi accounts intourneys. I do remember him coming 2nd in the MILLIon tourney and also having a bunch of other handles for cash games. He supposely lost all $$ in account. Probably in the range of 200K if he didn't withdraw as well.
  • Tilter wrote:
    He supposely lost all $$ in account. 
    I can see a huge number of withdrawals coming as these investigations start increasing!
  • beanie42 wrote:
    Tilter wrote:
    I can see a huge number of withdrawals coming as these investigations start increasing!

Jeesh, gotta run. Have some withdrawals to do... :)
  • he lost 100k
  • beanie42 wrote:
    Tilter wrote:

I'd say anyone whos tried withdrawing the max amount in the past couple days is just asking for their account to be frozen and investigated.
  • Thats crazy I dont think ive ever run into this guy before tho.