Could I be Daniel Negreanu's Protege???

Hey guys....I have made it to the semi's of the Full Contact Poker's Daniel Negreanu's Protoge tourney. I won the tourney last night (122 players) and qualified to play in an 8-man sit'n'go tourney on March 1st at 8:30. The winner of this sit'n'go gets a seat at the Final table to decide Daniel's protoge. Playing the big tourneys on someone elses bankroll would be sweet. Drop-by and cheer me on if you got nothing to do. Even if I don't make it I won a Negreanu autographed Full Poker 500 piece poker chip set....wish me luck!!!!

Comments

• That's great Dave, congrats! I'll be railbirding ya schedule permitting (although bumping this that day would help my poor memory :) ).
  • Good luck Dave. If I am not seated to play on that day for Rob's main event day 1 I will for sure come and cheer you on.
  • I'm in for a stage 2 on the seat 5 thingy also but haven't found time to try for the 300+20 yet..

Would love to see any Canadian win it!! DN should have made it Canadians only!! LOL
  • I made the semi as well, seat 6 one. Still have a 36 man tourney to win first though.
  • I'll make sure to bring up the tournament in the side room during Day 1C and provide updates to the live players.

GOOD LUCK!!!!
  • Zithal wrote:
    I'll make sure to bring up the tournament in the side room during Day 1C and provide updates to the live players.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

No pressure!
  • Zithal wrote:
    I'll make sure to bring up the tournament in the side room during Day 1C and provide updates to the live players.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Thanks Rob!
  • Zithal wrote:

GOOD LUCK!!!!

No pressure!

Nothing a couple of beers won't take care of. 1 in 8 shot at playing in a televised tourney for the big prize...I'll try and do the forum proud!!!
  • Can I be the guest that goes with you? :D
  • I guess I"m next in the forum list of trying this protege tourney. Tomorrow night at 9 pm I"m in a 9 person SNG to get to Paradise Island for the Protege 2 tourney. It'll take more than 1 K to get me out of there. LOL. Hopefully I can do as well as Dave did without a suckout like he endured.
  • Best of luck Joe... we know you can do it.

Mark
  • Joe its on the FCP site obviously but please confirm. Wouldn't mind railbirding.
  • He's there, saw his name last night on the private table.

Ching Hill is all set up to rail you Joe....do us, and the whole forum, PROUD!!
  • Voodoo wrote: »
    Joe its on the FCP site obviously but please confirm. Wouldn't mind railbirding.

Yup it's on FCP under restricted tourney's. Right now there's 8 out of the 9 registered. Just hope my 66 holds up like it did against your 9's that Thursday night. Thanks for the support everyone :)
  • 6 players left and Joe's still hanging around...

GL man
  • Down to 5. Get that double up.
  • 4 left but 3rd in chips... DOUBLE UP DOUBLE UP
  • didn't get the double up

out in 4th.

Thanks to those cheering.

Where's the damn spade when you need it.
  • UGH, Good showing Joe.. too bad a spade didn't hit or a diamond on that last hand. Congrats on the showing none the less.
  • Good showing Joe. You were getting WAY too much respect for your raises. Think you only got one raised called all night, and it was the hand that beat you.

Ching Hill was there with you brother!! We're hurting with you too.
  • Would have been nice to have 20 minute blinds at least given whats at stake.
  • Its over ... Saassk won.. he was in the first Protege competition, Mattias (sp?) .
  • OMG over. I was just going back to watch. Needed a break after busting out.

2nd last hand raise it up with A 3 of spades all in. Get called by AQ offsuit. flop the nut flush draw and couldn't hit. last hand call a raise (which put me all in) getting about 3-1 odds with K d 10 h flop comes 10 d j d Q d and get no help against KK. Was fun while it lasted.

Thanx again to those who cheered and railed and phoned to wish me luck.

It seemed so close.

PS AJ Yes I was getting to much respect for my raises, which ended up being my undoing. My KK didn't get called my AA didn't get called. I believe two AK did with a 4 5 6 of diamond flop for my black cards.
  • Great game, Joe. I was with you in spirit. :)