Gmail

Anyone have one of the new Gmail accounts? I got one today, I really don't see what all the fuss is about...ya, you get a ton of storage but you've gotta put up with "sponsored links" in messages etc. Oh well, maybe it's just because I'm new to it and the novelty will sink in sooner or later.

Apparently, Gmail sends "invites" which users can in turn give to their friends etc. If I do get some of these, I'll be sure to make them available to PF members first :)

Comments

• sloth wrote:
    Anyone have one of the new Gmail accounts? I got one today, I really don't see what all the fuss is about...ya, you get a ton of storage but you've gotta put up with "sponsored links" in messages etc. Oh well, maybe it's just because I'm new to it and the novelty will sink in sooner or later.

Apparently, Gmail sends "invites" which users can in turn give to their friends etc. If I do get some of these, I'll be sure to make them available to PF members first :)

What is Gmail? How much storage do you get?

Yahoo just upped their quotas to 100MB, which is more than I will ever use.

You should run a mail server off of PokerForum. I think "MiamiKeith@PokerForum.ca" would be cool E-mail address.

Keith
  • Gmail is Google mail

www.gmail.com in "beta testing" You need to be invited by a meber in order to get an account. It offers 1 GIG of space.

Offering pokerforum.ca mail isn't a bad idea actually :)
  • Yeah I have it as well... it's ok, a lot more slimmed down than say yahoo or msn which I like. I don't think I would ever actually use 1000 MB of email.

Sloth: You should just create aliases for people instead of email. For example, I choose djw@pokerforum.ca - and anyone sending to that email, would be automatically forwarded to my home email (or whatever I gave you). That would be easier for you to set up, and way less tech support (eg: "i forgot my password").
  • hotmail is going to be 250MB soon as well...