Stars $13 Double Shootout to Sunday 1 Mil Satelites, Advice please

I've tried these sats twice and finished 2nd and 3rd on the first table for 0 return. How would you guys approach these? Same as a SNG or something different. What skill level am I to expect? (ie. Same as a $11 SNG or better) Any advice is appreciated

Red

Comments

• I assume they're 8 tables of 8 with the top 2 taking seats? I won won of the 10+1 to the Sunday 215 a week ago and in general, I found the play to be incredibly soft. I think you need to be a little more willing to gamble in these as it's first or bust, so I tended to be a little more willing to get in big confrontations with small edges since you're playing for the win, and not just to make the top 3. When you get to the second table, I think play along the same lines, but try to figure out how the stack's are shaping up. If you get to the top 2, obviously you'll want to punish the short stacks and avoid confrontations with the other big one (when it was 3 handed, we practically took turns stealing off the short stack, while basically soft playing each other)...

That being said, I'm pretty sure my 1 for 1 is more related to luck than skill than I'd like to believe... :)