Go Bobsledders!

This event is a little closer to me.  My wife's first cousin is Heather Moyse, part of the Canadian bobsled team and we're cheering her on in Turin.

Heather is the brakewoman for Helen Upperton and they are a serious medal contender, having won 4 world cup medals since they became paired up in October.   They just did their first run today and I believe they are in 3rd place at the moment, but still lots of runs left to go.

GO CANADA!!!!

Comments

• That's good to here, all the more reason to be cheering them on. GO CANADA GO. I think they are in 4th though but that's a great spot to make a move from.
  • Yep, 4th after 2 heats. 2 more tomorrow.
  • Calgary's Helen Upperton saved her best heat for last as she posted the second fastest time but still finished off the medal podium.

Upperton and brakeman Heather Moyse, of Summerside, P.E.I., drove their Canada 1 sled to a fourth-place finish in 3:51.06.

Close!!! Still young, maybe Gold in Vancouver.
  • Yeah, 0.05 seconds out of bronze. Too bad. Still a good showing. Just couldn't make up the time they lost in the 2nd and 3rd runs.
  • Seems like this year we have had quite a few 4th place finishes. Nonetheless...great job...toughest spot is to be fourth in any competition (like the bubble boy in a tournament)
  • westside8 wrote:
    Seems like this year we have had quite a few 4th place finishes.  Nonetheless...great job...toughest spot is to be fourth in any competition (like the bubble boy in a tournament)
    The winter olympics are rigged!