Thanks Everyone! (espically Pokerdro and compuease(i think)

I just wanted to say...if it wasn't said enough today....thanks a bunch to Sandro and Jeff for orginizing, putting together and putting up with all the headachs assiciated with this.
From team members dropping out, to whole teams dropping out....deftly handling the venue change and doing it all in style (that's right sandro..i saw that manly chest hair...and i think "it" moved. just a little..it was there..)
Anyways...
Great job...i salute both of you...(and if there are people i left out, i didn't do it on purpose...more of a i didn't know thing).

M

Comments

• I second that.

Hip Hip hooray
  • I agree, well run!! but way to much man hugging going on from the Kitchener team!.
  • Well done to all the organizers and the players.

Great day/afternoon/night....morning.
  • Thanks for a very fun day to all who organized, and let's not forget the two ladies who tirelessly entered all the stats. Well Done!!
    If my teammates don't boot me off for poor performance, I'm definitely looking forward to the next one.
  • I want to thank Sandros and Miranda and the girl at the computer all day for all their hard work to make this event happen, it was a great succuss!!! To Jeff for finding a venue on short notice and all those who brought chairs and chips etc. To all the tream captains, a job well done. The lead took place 3 times and came down to the final heads up match which G2 handle with maturity beyond his years. To all the players who made this such a great event, a job well done by all!!!!!!!!!! Special thanks to all those who filled in on such short notice as well, the event wouldn't have been the same with out you. To those who didn't get a team in you missed a great day!

Pinhead, I owe you lunch. Well done my friend!
  • Yes, thank you all!!! It was great meeting so many talented players today =)
  • thanks for the great time everyone
    it was a great succuss!!!

are you running the spelling bee this week brent?
  • Thanks again Sandro and your whole team of organizers, it was an amazing event, one I would gladly have paid $50 to play in - athough it was nice to be paid out in double. Great job to Jeff for hosting, too.
    Dead Money wrote:
    I agree, well run!! but way to much man hugging going on from the Kitchener team!.

Ah, I would just like to point out that no one is subjected to as much man flirting as I am. And hugging shouldn't even count - it's only downhill from there.

-Easy
  • I would just like to add my thanks to everyone, especially Sandro, Miranda, and his friend who did all of the tracking, Acid Joe, and all my Milton friends who chipped in either on the Milton team or filling in for missing members of other teams.. It would not have happened at all if we didn't pull together.
    A special thank you to our "ringer" Greg (g2) from that Milton suburb who after not having luck getting his own team together agreed to join the ROCKS.. The points he earned certainly went a long way to assisting Milton earn our bronze medal... Greg, you are a fine young man who shows class and maturity well beyond your years, I know Canada's future, and my retirement years, are in good hands with the likes of yourself and other young folks of your generation..... geeesh.. better stop this, I'll get weepy....

P.S. I have a grey "hoodie" Adidas pullover jacket of someones that was left in the hall. Please contact me to claim... Jeff..
  • A great day of poker, to be sure. Well done to everyone who put it together so quickly, it was a hell of a challenge, but you pulled it off.

It was great to see so many forum members all together in one place, doing what we all love to do, and meeting each other, most for the first time. We really MUST do this again in the near future. And you can be sure I will be apart of it again. :D
  • Dead Money wrote:
    I agree, well run!! but way to much man hugging going on from the Kitchener team!.

There's never too much man-hugging

Mark :)
  • I echo the comments of my fellow forum members here, what an excellent tournament!  Thank you for your hard work and effort, everyone really seemed to pull together through all of the challenges we faced.  It really shows what a great community we have in Cental/South western Ontario, I was extremely impressed with the level of respect each player showed for eachother throughout the day.  Of course, at the same time it was a hghly intense and competitive match.  

In regards to my team whom I am very proud of, The Kitchener Heart Break Kids!  We built our team within days of the announcement of the Royal Cup of Poker, that team remained the same from the time we built it to today.  Noone cancelled, noone waivered, everyone supported eachother through their disapointing results and celebrated our victories as a team.  Sure, their was some man-hugging and man-flirting.  We love our teammates!  I hope that everyone on our team holds similar sentiments as mine and is not at all disapointed with our result.  We knew Waterloo was going to be tough and they were indeed the best team.  Waterloo Team, exemplified class and a quiet consistency for the 14 hour day.  You're all talented poker players and made the battle between top 4 very fun.

A special Congratulations to Trevor Cook (Beanie42) from my team.  Trevor Amassed an unprecedented 52 points out of a possible 55 to take home the individual points championship.  Well done Sir!  In great team fashion, I asked Trevor if he was confortable playing against "Pinhead" Brad the Captain of the Waterloo team in the headsup match.  I thought Trevor was playing well and knew he was our best chance to take on the jugernaught called Brad.  We needed to win this match to give ourselves a chance to win overall, Trevor said he didn't care about the individual award as much as he did about the team.  He invited the challenge and took down the match with an AK vs. AQ all in battle.  The best hand held up.  

Thanks again for the great tournament, you'll see us again.

stp
  • Thanks to Sandro for all the work organizing this - it ran great and was a blast to play.  A big thank-you to Leah for all her hard work tracking our performance for the day and answering all our pestering requests for point updates (especially near the end :) ).  And finally, thanks to Jeff and the rest of the Milton crew for providing a great venue - it suited the event perfectly and was fairly central for everyone travelling.

As Easy mentioned, the buy-in was almost irrelevant, as was the prize money, since this was more of a pride thing. The field was exceptionally strong, and such a long day of poker in various disciplines tested not only skill but endurance - congrats to everyone for simply surviving the day! I was really only after the team trophy ( :( ), so congratulations to Waterloo on their great overall team play to take it, and I'm ready for the sequel!

It was great to meet so many other forumers and put faces (and names) to faces.  For me it was especially nice to meet Toronto, since I see almost everyone else semi-regularly in the KW/Guelph games anyway.  I had the pleasure of playing with AJ (str82ace) once and Rob (Dead Money) twice, and they were both my biggest challenges (since I had no reads going in).  I hope to see you all in future events (RC2, or possibly Zithal's big event - http://pokerforum.ca/forum/index.php?topic=8139.0 - hint, hint).

Trevor
  • ty, gg all.