Love it, Hate it or Indifferent?

Just curious about how others rate the new Party Poker upgrade.

I originally liked the increase in starting stacks to 2000; but realized SNGs last quite a bit longer now.

I played 3 $10 SNGs last night; finished 3rd; 1st and 7th.

I would consider that to be about average. What was not average was the time it took to complete the games - even though the blinds were a bit accelerated the game took significantly longer - especially considering it was a Thursday night.

I do like the new look - the hands per hour stat - and how they have your balance and points right on the main screen.

I am not sure if Party solicited feedback from its members to determine what changes should be made; but I didnt get anything - would have been effective planning for them to do so.

The one major thing I wish they would have included is instant access to stats - similar to Paradise. I like to see my fold % and where I am betting and folding - I dont know that Party has this built in - would be a great asset though.

On a side note, I switched to Party from PokerNow an affiliate and have been very happy with Party service.

On Sunday I played in a 6$ Omaha hi-lo MTT. For about 45 mins during the mid rounds my options were not always popping up - and my hand would auto fold to raises. I wrote Party about this and the next day they refunded my entry - even though I ended up ITM placing 14th out of 800.

Overall, I rate Party's upgrade as better - but still room for improvement.

Comments

• Indifferent...
    I thru some money back into Party last night to test out the new SNG.
    I'm not a Turbo SNG guy. I don't mind them lasting a bit longer. Guess that's why i'm partial to Stars SNG's.

Yes, the stacks went to 2000, but, I still find the blinds increase too quickly. Played 3, cashed out "up" and will
    stick to Stars. (that and I play 5+.50 on Stars and the vig on Party is a 1.00). Better value to play 10+1 obviously.

Tom, if you "right click" on your name, stats pop up. I can't remember all the detail shown, but, you do get a summary out of it.
  • Same pile of fish in the cash games is all i care about
  • Haven't tried Party sng yet but would like to compare to Golden Palace. I like GPP because they have always had 2000 starting stacks and you get a fair amount of play in the early rounds - 9 handed and the sngs wrap up in about an hour.

Pokertracker just released an upgrade that now tracks the Tribeca network (GPP) and all I can say is wow. I knew I was doing well at GPP but until I got all my stats loaded and the HUD working I had no real idea how fishy GPP was. $1/2 limit is partylike with 40%+ VPIP to found easily.
  • I don't mind them lasting a bit longer. Guess that's why i'm partial to Stars SNG's.

Ditto. Party's structure has been improved, but I still think Stars has more play to it. I guess if I was a multitable grinding SNG player, I'd be more inclined for a slightly faster structure and potentially giving up a bit on ROI to improve the hourly rate, but I tend to "grind" most of my money out of limit cash games and play tourneys more for a change of pace.

I like the table resizing feature, having 4 tables with no overlap (without having a giant monitor) is pretty sweet...