PartyPoker changes

Big changes at Party... waaaaaaaay more play in their MTT's and SNG's.  SNG's = 3000 chips to start instead of 1000 and 10 minute levels instead of 10 hands/level.  There is a part of me that will miss the old fast SNG structures as many players did not play it optimally.

That being said, there will probably be a learning curve while many players get used to the new structures, and it won't last long.

Additionally, you are now able to resize your table screens.  I like that.  The table looks so cute when it's like 5" X 4".

Comments

• Does this apply to all the SnG's or just the levels you play? :)

(eg. What does the format of the $10+$1 SnG's look like now?)
  • Sorry, SNG's now start with 2000 not 3000.  All info is here: http://www.partypoker.com/news/new_features/
  • You say WAY MORE PLAY. But have you looked at the blind sturcture. It makes it even worse for MTTs.

Before you would have 20BB at the 4th level of your initial starting stack

While now it will be 15 BB at the 4th level (200 x 15 = 3K). And with Antes now, I think their tourneys will speed up more significantly.
  • I like the changes so far, but I haven't really studied the Blind Structures. I may just come back to Party.
  • ... and the upgrade brings with it the return of those pesky sidebet and blackjack buttons.

As a reminder, here's how to get rid of them:

Go into C:\Program Files\PartyPoker\Images

Rename table_bj_button.jpg to Xtable_bj_button.jpg.

Rename SideBetBG.jpg XSideBetBG.jpg.

Restart the client.
  • Changes just might get me playing SNG on Party.

I have always been partial to the structure of Star's SNG/MTT.

This sounds like a positive change to Party's SNG at least.
  • Looks much better, but I can't believe with all these changes they couldnt add a table VPIP to the lobby.
  • Me no see how to resize
  • GTA Poker wrote:
    Me no see how to resize

Place your mouse on the right or left edge of the table window.
  • ooooooooooooooooooooooh that is cute
  • FYI, there's a patch for PT related to the changes for importing hands. You can check it out at their website. And finally they've stopped the stupid data-miners so that you can only import hands at tables you're playing...
  • Party stopped the mining a while back
  • Damn it I was going to go back to party just because I know I can play their structure (for SNGS)
    fairly well. I guess I gotta find another aquarium to pick on..... or go back and play ring
  • Tilter wrote:
    You say WAY MORE PLAY.  But have you looked at the blind sturcture. It makes it even worse for MTTs.

Before you would have 20BB at the 4th level of your initial starting stack

While now it will be 15 BB at the 4th level (200 x 15 = 3K).  And with Antes now, I think their tourneys will speed up more significantly.

Hmmm... I haven't actually played in any SNG's or MTT's there yet as they do not seem to be available.  I'll post my thoughts on the "new" structures once I play them.
  • all_aces wrote:
    ... and the upgrade brings with it the return of those pesky sidebet and blackjack buttons.

As a reminder, here's how to get rid of them:

Go into C:\Program Files\PartyPoker\Images

Rename table_bj_button.jpg to Xtable_bj_button.jpg.

Rename SideBetBG.jpg XSideBetBG.jpg.

Restart the client.

Also, there's an option in the Game Rules & Options menu to hide the blackjack.
    But I also prefer to nuke the hell out of it completely :)
  • Cant grab the edges of the tables to change size - any recos?
  • Even the bottom right or left corners?
  • No not at all - should it turn to the double ended arrow???
  • Yes, it should. Working fine for me.
  • Anyone have any advice on why PP won't upgrade for me? Click on the "upgrade now" button, "Downloading the updated files' window pops-up and nothing happens (left it for 40 min.)? First time this has happened on an upgrade. Rebooted 3 times, tried re-upgrading dozens, called 1800 #, no service. Help!!

Anyone, Anyone, Bueller?
  • Why don't you try deleting the program and re-installing it from the website.

****If you havent done this yet DO NOT try it. Read my post at the bottom of the thread.
  • I think the new changes suck!!!!   cant find anything now and the new structure for SNG's just gives the fish more chances to stay longer and get lucky. Off to Stars I go!!!!!!  And its GREEN for crying out loud, ugh!!!!!!!!!

smoking :ah :ac :ad :as

BTW.........when can I put a pic up and how?
  • Some thoughts after playing the 500K.  The MTT structure is fine.  It's a lot like Stars structure with everything doubled:  Twice as many starting chips and blinds doubled at each level.  The antes are a bit small but not bad, definitely better than no ante like before.  I think it might actually be faster than Stars structure except for the reduced antes but I'm too lazy to look at them side by side right now.  Edit: The Stars tourney had 2000 more people and ended way earlier, so i guess the party structure is still a bit slower.
  • Just so everyone knows, I was reading 2+2 and many people have had problems with Party after uninstalling before the upgrade. They used the PP uninstaller and had all images deleted from the hard drives resulting in many programs not working. So DO NOT uninstall anything to do with Party. If you want to see the thread its here http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4775879&page=2&fpart=1&vc=1
  • Party just put up their new merchandise store, and I have to say its almost as good as Stars FPP store now. They have a lot of the same stuff and some other categories like watches and sports equipment. Only thing I don't like is that you earn those Party Points so freakin slow compared to FPP that everything is really expensive.
  • I havent played at PP in ages im curious to check out the new changes now tho.
  • zero wrote:
    Party just put up their new merchandise store, and I have to say its almost as good as Stars FPP store now. They have a lot of the same stuff and some other categories like watches and sports equipment. Only thing I don't like is that you earn those Party Points so freakin slow compared to FPP that everything is really expensive.

And how their party points expire :rage:
  • It's all kind of irrelevant in comparison to any rakeback you have there anyhow, but at least it's something
  • GTA Poker wrote:
    It's all kind of irrelevant in comparison to any rakeback you have there anyhow, but at least it's something

Rakeback on Party? I thought they stopped all of that.