Kill games

I've noticed that on UB the kill games almost always have a higher vpip than the regular. I am however hesitant to try them out because of kill. Just wanted to know what people think about kill games.

Comments

• In general.

Let's say that you're used to playing $30/$60. You sit down at a $30/$60 kill game. The kill is on, so for a hand you are playing $60/$120. That does get the adrenaline going, I must admit, so for the "I'm an adrenaline junky/gambler who gets a kick out of occasionally playing beyond my bankroll and/or comfort zone" factor, it can be a lot of fun.

If I sound like I'm being sarcastic, I'm not. It really is fun once in a while, especially when you win a kill pot!
  • Just remember that if you're playing a kill game a 3-6 with a kill doesn't really equate to a 3-6 non kill game in terms of BR buyin req's. Variance will be bigger due to the kill pots, but the benefit is you usually will get action junkies that will be willing to play almost any 2 in a kill pot.
    It really is fun once in a while, especially when you win a kill pot!

Spoken like a true variance monkey... :) Of course the converse is that losing a big kill pot can utterly destroy the bets you might have acquired previously by playing a solid game. Again, it won't matter in the long run, just a demonstration that variance can be a bitch...