$3/$6 No Limit - How some Moron Cracks My AA .. Unbelievable

This is unbelievable

PokerStars Game #3931286038:  Hold'em No Limit ($3/$6) - 2006/02/10 - 23:47:37 (ET)
Table 'Bahner II' Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: byogel ($561.15 in chips)
Seat 2: jared_jon ($406.80 in chips)
Seat 3: Folded-AA ($544.65 in chips)
Seat 4: janalohri ($232.05 in chips)
Seat 5: wally710 ($189 in chips)
Seat 6: country95 ($76.55 in chips)
Seat 7: KingMe05 ($269 in chips)
Seat 8: PHAT EDDIE ($513 in chips)
Seat 9: acc610 ($717.30 in chips)
janalohri: posts small blind $3
wally710: posts big blind $6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Folded-AA [As Ah]
country95: calls $6
KingMe05: folds
PHAT EDDIE: folds
acc610: calls $6
byogel: folds
jared_jon: folds
Folded-AA: raises $24 to $30
janalohri: folds
wally710: folds
country95: calls $24
acc610: calls $24
*** FLOP *** [Tc Qs Ad]
country95: checks
acc610: checks
Folded-AA: bets $36
country95: calls $36
acc610: folds
*** TURN *** [Tc Qs Ad] [5c]
country95: checks
Folded-AA: bets $12
country95: calls $10.55 and is all-in
*** RIVER *** [Tc Qs Ad 5c] [Kh]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
country95: shows [8d Js] (a straight, Ten to Ace)
Folded-AA: mucks hand
country95 collected $189.10 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $192.10 | Rake $3
Board [Tc Qs Ad 5c Kh]
Seat 1: byogel folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: jared_jon folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: Folded-AA (button) mucked [As Ah]
Seat 4: janalohri (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 5: wally710 (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 6: country95 showed [8d Js] and won ($189.10) with a straight, Ten to Ace
Seat 7: KingMe05 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: PHAT EDDIE folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: acc610 folded on the Flop

Followed by my comments

Dealer: Game #3931286038: country95 wins pot ($189.10) with a straight, Ten to Ace
Folded-AA: how do you call with j 8
Folded-AA: your f****** embarassing
country95: thanks
Dealer: Game #3931297711: acc610 wins pot ($46.65)

ALL ACES / HARTGOSH???  Did I play this wrong at all?? Anyone?

Comments

• Good thing HG is banned...

He's sitting at the table with only 10xBB. Who knows what he's going to do?

Tough beat. Pretend it's Tyson and he was playing J9 sooooooooooooted if it helps. And proper English at the table is important. Next time try "You're f****** embarrassing". Much better.

Just kidding. It always hurts. But why berate a bad player? I want guys like that calling my AA with J8o. Now get out there and build me a table.
  • The guy only started with $76 for the hand at a 3 6 NL table, my guess is he was tilting away the last of his buy-in.

The only thing you did wrong in the hand was to berate him at the end of it. I'm not trying to be an ass here, but you always here about not altering the donks' games with comments like this, but it's hard to hold back at times.

Tough beat.
  • Also, just a comment but are you just taking a shot at this limit? Just last week you were commenting on your wins at .5/1 and now you're at 3/6. Just a note to be careful about moving up too quickly. A beat like this hurts much more when extending your bankroll.
  • ya, i'm just taking a shot tonight... i definitely don't play these limits on a regular basis.
    Your right, it hurts a lot more when your playing beyond your normal limits..

Just trying to ride my little run lately
  • pkrfce9 wrote:
    Good thing HG is banned...

He's sitting at the table with only 10xBB. Who knows what he's going to do?

Tough beat. Pretend it's Tyson and he was playing J9 sooooooooooooted if it helps. And proper English at the table is important. Next time try "You're f****** embarrassing". Much better.

Just kidding. It always hurts. But why berate a bad player? I want guys like that calling my AA with J8o. Now get out there and build me a table.

homonyms our a bitch
  • janalhori is a donk
  • A loose player with a small stack, not that uncommon in NL games. Once he calls preflop (which obviously is not the best move ever), his play post flop is not that horrid given he has 8 outs to win and has pot odds (given his small remaining stack). It is not like he one outed you on the river and your reaction after the hand showed more that you do not belong at that limit then anything else, because experienced 3/6 NL players would accept that small a beat relative to their bankroll with not much more then an eyeroll.

You played the hand fine and got 8 outed by a short stack for a relatively small amount of money for the game being played. I assure you that much worse beats will be in your future as well.
  • Maybe Im missing something and im sure everyone will let me know, but i see two mistakes in this hand.
    1. Villans call with J9 preflop
    2. Heros small flop bet....... I know you want action but two people in pot you dont want to be giving cheap cards.
    The hero gave the villan the chance to draw cheaply at his open ender (double gut shot). You can say "he only had $46 left" BUT your other opponent was sitting on $700.
  • I don't play nearly as aggressive as you Folded but honestly I don't think the end result could have been avoided without going all-in pre-flop, which I don't think you wanted. Playing lower limits and on that flop I'd make a larger bet maybe 3/4 to pot sized but he called your $36 so he was calling anything regardless. It's unfortunate but like everyone else said you want guys making mistakes like that against you.