Going the Distance in Limit Tourney's

Would love some tips from those who have been there, Devin, Harthgosh, Sir Watts, and anyone else that I've missed. Limit hold em is the game I love most, and the game I strive to be my best in. I have been entering more and more tourney's and having better results.

I find though, as I go deeper, I am typically running into brick walls, and I end up making one or more very costly errors as the tournament progresses. Perfect example was last night playing a 20+2 hold em tourney on Party. I took the chip lead during the 300/600 level. Afterward, I went card dead for a while, and as the levels increased through 400/800, and 600/1200 I watched as my chip lead became slightly better than average.

I guess what I'm really looking for is some advice and strategies to continue amassing chips during those times you aren't really getting cards. I found that the majority of players in these tournaments are similar to the players you'll find playing 1/2 and 2/4 limit. Will call and even go three bets with hands like J10, Q10, KJ, etc.

Essentially, what do you think are the biggest, and most costly errors one can make in these events. Especially as the stakes increase and small mistakes carry potentially huge consequences.

Just looking for advice basically. I realize I'm not offering a lot about my own style of play.

Cheers

Comments