bad beat jackpots

Anybody play the bad beat jackpot roomson Party or other sites? I was wondering what the play was like, ie. more loose and desparate.

Comments

• I personaly play it like a slot machine - thorwing my money away in hopes i hit it big.

I will see a cheap flop with most suited connectors I would normally dump simply because it increases the chances of hitting it.

So based on how I change my game I assume there are other people who do the same as well.
  • I've played the BBJ on Party. In many instances the tables tend to be looser. But you can generally find a good game on Party, but if you're looking to find one quickly, starting at the BBJ tables isn't a horrible idea (although you pay a little more rake-wise).
    I will see a cheap flop with most suited connectors I would normally dump simply because it increases the chances of hitting it.

I don't think revising your strategy solely because your playing a BBJ table makes much sense. I know bonuswhores said the Party BBJ actually starts to become +EV (relative to the increased rake structure) around 150k-200k (can't remember exact figure), but the thought of changing your pf standards is absurd. Realistically, hitting the BBJ is going to happen a microscopic percentage of the time, and you would on average be throwing away more bets by coming into pots you normally wouldn't have. At least that's my take on it...
  • Tinkerbell wrote:
    I personaly play it like a slot machine - thorwing my money away in hopes i hit it big.

I agree with you - I don't play the BBJ to play poker, I play it like a slot machine only looking for the big pay off. Its nothing I do with any regularity whatsoever, just when I want to and I drop 20$ or so and that's it.