A NEW TEAM OPENING!!!

Good News for some and bad for others. There is an opening for one more 8 man team for the Royal Cup on Saturday Feb 18/06. Please see the details below. If you are not on a team and are interested in playing please let me know.

There will be 10 teams consisting of 8 players per team. $400 Entry fee per team. Totaling $4000. This works out to $50 per player.

Payouts 1st $2000
2nd $1200
3rd $800

This event is rake free.

A full day of poker would consist of

1) 8 - 10 man NL Hold em SNGs with one player from each team competing at each table.
2) 8 - 10 man Fixed Limit Hold em SNGs with one player from each team competing at each table.
3) 5 - 8 man Fixed Limit 7 Card Stud SNGs.
4) 4 - 10 man Pot Limit Omaha SNGs with one players from each team competing at each table.
5) Finally 40 Head Up NL tournaments to finish the competition.

Each team member must play in the Fixed Hold em, NL Hold em and one of the Stud or Omaha SNGs. Also everyone must represent their team in a heads up battle.

We will be starting with the Stud and Omaha games first then the fixed limit SNGs then go to the NL and Heads Up to complete the day.

Again this would make for a good 12 hour session of poker.

The Team with the most points will be crowned the True Poker Capital.

If there is a tie for any position a tie breaker Heads Up game will be played.

Now the geographic locations for the teams would be as follows

Toronto
Kitchener 1
Kitchener 2
Waterbridge
Waterloo 2
Guelph
Milton/Oakville
London
Toronto 2

The date will be Feb. 18/06 Doors will open at 11:00 with the first round of SNGs starting at 12:00. The location will be the west side of Toronto.

Sponsorship thus far is looking good.
$25 for high hand in each discipline
Mp3 Player
(3) Free Entry's to Sunday's NL Tournament at the Airport Club
Online sponsor will throw in some cash also.

We will have prizes for Best Individual Point Getters as well as best hands in each discipline and other prizes are rolling in.

Comments

• What's the "other" team? Or are you looking for one? If you're looking we can put together a "Rural Team". Guys from outside the Golden Triangle cities. I'd be in, I could likely get Brent (Prophet) if he's not already playing, Jon L., TJ, and a few others to put a team together.
  • Brent is Captain of Kitchener II.

This team will be a bit of a wild card team and will not have any geographical restriction. If you can get together a team of players that can compete on the 18th all day in Toronto at the AIrport Club in 4 events then your in.

KRT has expressed interest.

g2 is still completing his roster also for Waterbridge - consists of waterloo and Cambridge
  • OK, put me in then. I will get a team togehter.

stp, brent, tyson, these guys know who I am. I've played in some of Brent's tourney's and a Kelly's a few times.

I'll take names for anyone looking for a team, but I'm sure I'll have 4-5 spots filled already.

Official team name: The Boonies

Is all this ok?
  • Ok cool

I will email you the setup and everything today. Let me know the progress of your team on Thursday if you could. I would like to get rosters finalized by the weekend.

Thanks Cheese
  • Awesome!

I just changed my email address though. I haven't used the other in forever.

Email me the info at teamboonies@yahoo.ca

Any one still looking for a team PM or email me, I'll have a couple spots to fill.
  • Glad to see you along for the ride Jason, good luck with your team. I'll see you there with my team, The Kitchener Heartbreak Kids!

stp
  • It should be fun!

I'm aiming for The Prophet first. He said he was thinking of putting together a "small town" team, then didn't call.

The Bastard lives a block away and he's going to make me drive to Toronto to take him out!

Hey Brent, remeber that 1st hand of Omaha the other week!!!???
  • Team Waterbridge didn't work, so there's another spot open for a team. See the Team Waterloo and Team Cambridge threads for lists of players who might be interested. A little heads up though... they do not respond to PMs, so good luck getting in touch with them.

/g2
  • What are the points structure for each of the five events? For example, how many points does one need in the three Hold'Em events to make up for weakness in the Omaha or Stud tournaments?

I posted about wanting to join Team Milton/Oakville, but never got a reply. I am still interested in being a member, emergency replacement or "water boy" :D for the Milton Rocks or any other team. I live in Oakville, but play mostly in Mississauga and Toronto. I am a University of Toronto alumni, if that helps my eligibility for any team.

I have won six no-limit live tournaments since November, including a 100-person tournament a week ago. I was in the Top 10 of a live heads-up championship tournament in December.
  • g2 wrote:
    Team Waterbridge didn't work, so...

Team Watrbridge didn't work because a) Waterloo players are either lazy or hard to pin down, and b) Cambridge players only have one car between them- I mean can't make it because 'they have to work'.

:h: I still love my Waterloo and Cambridge boys...I'm just sayin's all... :h:
  • I qualified for a tournament tonight, where the winner goes on to a championship tournament in June for a U$1,000 WSOP seat and trip to Las Vegas. I won, so this is now my seventh tournament victory in four months.

Next week, I will play in two tournaments, where the winner goes on to a championship tournament in June for a U$10,000 WSOP seat at the multi-million dollar Main Event! :)
    BlondeFish wrote:
    I have won six no-limit live tournaments since November, including a 100-person tournament a week ago.  I was in the Top 10 of a live heads-up championship tournament in December.