PokerStars Freerolls

Has anyone ever played these freerolls? I am playing in my first one as I type this, on break. I would say that Pokerstars has the best freerolls, well at least the most fun.

BTW if anyone wants to come and watch me I am still in. There are about 136 people left from a field of 6200 :shock:

Sucks it is just a freeroll :lol:

Comments

• Yeah, I used to play the PokerStars freerolls a lot when I was first starting out. I believe the first poker tournament of any kind that I played was a 'Stars 'roll.

They're a nice way to practice for free, although the play may be a little questionable now and then. 8)

Good luck!

ScottyZ
  • Oh yeah the pl;ay is totally questionable lol

Were down to 100 people left and I'm up to 138K with the average at 89K!
  • Freerolls are fun for practice, but I never touch the Stars roll anymore, since there is no payout, only a qualifier.
  • I still play them regularly. A great practice format. Also good for burning off steam after a money tourney loss or two. I still do that. You also still build frequent player points when you play in these, which can then be used to buy into other tourneys. I used points to enter about 5 free tourneys this weekend. I was in final 50-100 all weekend but just couldn't catch the cards at the end. (lost with trips to a fullhouse twice, to knock me out of two of them) Some were quite large too. 4000 or more
  • Oh yeah the pl;ay is totally questionable lol

Were down to 100 people left and I'm up to 138K with the average at 89K!

how ya do overall man? :D
  • Well I got up to 7th place and 260K in chips but I made some really bad calls. It also didn't help that the chip leader (1 million in chips) was to my left. I got down to 120K which was way below average with A-J suited. I made it 30K to go, and then was reraised all in. I was hoping to be up against a middle pocket pair and be on the winning end of the 50-50 but two people called and when one flipped over A-K and the other J-J, I knew I was finished. When no spades came up on the flop my fate was sealed :cry:

LOL, but I got 54th out of 6227, which I feel is pretty good for my first time 8)
  • LOL, but I got 54th out of 6227, which I feel is pretty good for my first time 8)

nice :D wtg HellmuthFan :D

you'll get them next time :D
  • LOL, but I got 54th out of 6227, which I feel is pretty good for my first time

With that many entrants, that's very good for any time.

ScottyZ
  • Im in one of these right now (limit) started with just under 5000 and now at about 2400, avg. is 3300 and I have a bit over 6000. Fun to play, my name is stpboy77.
  • Thank you ConfusedOne and Scotty. I felt I was playing some of my best poker. I like practicing in freerolls because they allow me to try new things.

Thats awesome stpboy! Good luck, and they are very fun to play. :D
  • ScottyZ wrote:
    LOL, but I got 54th out of 6227, which I feel is pretty good for my first time

With that many entrants, that's very good for any time.

ScottyZ

Totally agree. Well done!

Regards,
    all_aces
  • Pretty good finish for a field of that size. Good job.