Speed tourney on Party

Hey 17 left of 2000 i just got AA out of position in a speed tourney 5$

Comments

• Can i possibely fold AA here to make top 10 for better payout - when chips stacks are worht nothing - they take everyone every time any how?
  • So i called out of position in a speed tourney - very wierd move

Called by A10

Beat by a str8
  • So calling out of position with AA cost me my stack.

Had i folded - i would have finished 6th guaranteed. That is an extra $330 - so am i better to fold those ???
  • Sorry I was posting while playing.

I was in a 2000 person speed tourney. Down to top 14. Basically the blinds put everyone in everytime. I had AA from late position. I could have waited this out for gauranteed 6th - just by waiting. As it turns out looks like I would have hit 3 or 4 th for sure, because of other out of position calls. The difference between 6th and 14th is 330 between 3 and 14 is 700 - Which i could have nearly limped into.

Obviously aces can be beaten - question is - is it worth calling?
  • how does position matter if youre all in?

why wouid you fold AA, because you ended up losing with it?
  • I realize this is a result of me losing.

However, due to my position and know the next 5 players on each table are put all in by the blinds so I can essentially fold into 6th place. 6th place paying more than 5x what I was paid. Aces are not a 5:1 favorite against most hands.

Again - I would make that call again in a second. Especially when i found out I was against A10.
  • TNORTH wrote:
    Sorry I was posting while playing.

I was in a 2000 person speed tourney. Down to top 14. Basically the blinds put everyone in everytime. I had AA from late position. I could have waited this out for gauranteed 6th - just by waiting. As it turns out looks like I would have hit 3 or 4 th for sure, because of other out of position calls. The difference between 6th and 14th is 330 between 3 and 14 is 700 - Which i could have nearly limped into.

Obviously aces can be beaten - question is - is it worth calling?

I doubt you had guaranteed 6th unless every blind battle had the same chip stacks, folding AA there would be ridiculous IMO
  • I agree.

But due to blinds and 1 of 2 players forced out each hand due to chips stacks compared to blinds that is where I reasonabley felt I could end up. Looks like more likely it would have been fourth.

Anyhow - my main question is can you fold AA if you did know for sure you could make 5x more guaranteed by folding??

I dont think so - but I am soliciting other responses.
  • No, I wouldn't fold AA preflop in your particular circumstances preflop. I play tournament to win, not just to make the money and be happy with it.

However, if I lose that hand like you did, I would always think "why didn't I fold this to move up in the money"
  • I know you are right Wes an GTA - its just tough when it comes down to a crap shoot and be so close - and know you could have folded and made so much more...but how do you fold AA
  • No.

Don't fold AA.
  • If you're going to fold AA, you may as well hit the "sit out" button, go read a book and come back later to see what position you ended up.

As my good friend Tony Dungee says...." We play the game to win!! "
  • Hey Tom, I know it sucks to lose and you would have moved up in spots but you have to make this play. If you had won, you're odds of finishing even higher were greatly increased. I am not sure of your stack size, but winning that pot may have allowed you an extra round through the blinds if the person in the small blind couldn't cover your stack.
  • Yeah, I agree - my stack had enough to take the bb and sb.

The thing with speed tourneys is that everyone - even on the final table is less than 2x the bb - with one person being about 6x the bb and 4 being less than the bb. So people are eliminated very quickly.