Interesting 1/2 hand

I think I was a little over-aggressive at the end, tilting a little, the villain just played 83s to the river and flushed betting and me raising the whole way (I had a set). At the end of the hand I realized that if he plays junk like 83, then might also play junk like 67o :) Comments if you like.

Game #1263619464 - $1/$2 Texas Hold'em - 2006/02/04-20:51:11.3 (CST)
Table "St. Denis" (real money) -- Seat 10 is the button
Seat 1: tracker333 ($63.00 in chips)
Seat 2: BigChecks ($40.00 in chips)
Seat 3: Keeps 2 ($44.50 in chips)
Seat 4: RedDeer40 ($50.25 in chips)
Seat 5: YosemiteMark ($109.25 in chips)
Seat 6: art1139 ($147.50 in chips)
Seat 7: Dec0y ($13.75 in chips)
Seat 8: swag32 ($44.00 in chips)
Seat 9: Yewhoo ($23.00 in chips)
Seat 10: vrub0620 ($19.75 in chips)
tracker333: Post Small Blind ($0.50)
BigChecks: Post Big Blind ($1)
Dealing...
Dealt to RedDeer40 [ As ]
Dealt to RedDeer40 [ Ac ]
Keeps 2 : Fold
RedDeer40: Raise ($2)
YosemiteMark: Fold
art1139 : Raise ($3)
Dec0y : Fold
swag32 : Fold
Yewhoo : Call ($3)
vrub0620: Fold
tracker333: Fold
BigChecks: Fold
art1139 : Call ($1)
Yewhoo : Call ($1)
*** FLOP *** : [ 4h 3d Th ]
RedDeer40: Bet ($1)
art1139 : Raise ($2)
Yewhoo : Fold
art1139 : Raise ($2)
RedDeer40: Call ($1)
*** TURN *** : [ 4h 3d Th ] [ 5c ]
RedDeer40: Bet ($2)
art1139 : Raise ($4)
RedDeer40: Raise ($4)
RedDeer40: Call ($2)
*** RIVER *** : [ 4h 3d Th 5c ] [ 2s ]
RedDeer40: Bet ($2)
RedDeer40: Raise ($4)
RedDeer40: Call ($2)
*** SUMMARY ***
Pot: $52.50 | Rake: $1
Board: [ 4h 3d Th 5c 2s ]
tracker333 lost $0.50 (folded)
BigChecks lost $1 (folded)
Keeps 2 didn't bet (folded)
RedDeer40 bet $24, collected $26.25, net +$2.25 (showed hand) [ As Ac ] (a straight, ace to five)
YosemiteMark didn't bet (folded)
art1139 bet $24, collected $26.25, net +$2.25 (showed hand) [ Ah Ad ] (a straight, ace to five)
Dec0y didn't bet (folded)
swag32 didn't bet (folded)
Yewhoo lost $4 (folded)
vrub0620 didn't bet (folded)

Comments

• That's kind of amusing except I don't like the way you played the hand.  Thinking your aces are invincible with a board like isn't the right play imho.  Maybe after he kept reraising you, you might put him on a set of 10s, i know i might.
  • I agree that I didn't play this hand right at all. This player was very tilit inducing, showed down many "crazy" hands, calling and making raises with flush and straight draws. He took two big pots off me on the river with garbage cards on previous hands. It's just funny how it all played out. So using your comments, what does that say about the other guy and his play? He had position on me, but I never checked once and kept re-raising. Should he have been worried about my pocket T's?
  • This is limit poker right?

I've seen people bet, raise and re-raise with Ace-10 off at this level so if he has pocket 10's there's nothing you can do here but go broke.

The only thing I think you may have considered doing differently was going for a check raise off of the flop being he has raising your bets pre-flop you can be pretty sure that he would bet out on the flop and who knows for the $1 bet to Yewhoo he may have called and you guys could have split some more of his money.
  • The only thing I think you may have considered doing differently was going for a check raise off of the flop being he has raising your bets pre-flop you can be pretty sure that he would bet out on the flop and who knows for the $1 bet to Yewhoo he may have called and you guys could have split some more of his money.

I don't like that idea. I'd prefer betting out hoping he'd raise and then 3 betting. If the other guy want's to call 2 cold with a weak draw, and get trapped for 3 bets fine.  If he wants to fold something like a gutshot, I'm fine with that too.  I'd be more concerned about attempting to protect the pot than getting more bets into it at that point. I think that's easier done by betting out than check-raising.

As for the original hand, it depends on how much of a donk you think the guy is, and how aggressive you think he is.  I think in general vs. an unknown,  I'd likely slow down on the turn (bet/call), and then bet/call the river with the ragged end of the straight. If the guy has shown to be either a maniacal bluffer, or a guy that frequently overplays his hands post-flop, then your play might not be that bad...  If he is generally super-passive and never even raises top pair, then you probably need to slow down and start to give credit for either 2 pair or a set (or possibly a turned straight, (if he's been known to play his draws aggressively).