Replay of Stars $700K tourney tonight (Feb 3) at 8:00 and 11:00

If you're interested, there will be a replay of last Sunday's big PokerStars tourney with hole cards exposed at 8:00pm and 11:00pm (Eastern) tonight.

Interesting chance to see how a final table is played out first-hand.

Look under Tourney->Special on Stars.

ScottyZ

Comments

• As most of us are, I am definately a poker geek. I really enjoy watching these...Thanks SZ

stp
  • I saw this in the main lobby, but thought at the time "how boring" because I didn't realize hole cards would be exposed.
    Does everyone have to agree to this?
    What if a player doesn't want the whole world knowing his strategy?
    I understand that in the big buy-in live tourneys this agreement is part of the contract at time of entry, but for on-line is it the same?
  • I watched this and was impressed by some of the laydowns. It was worth watching.

Rob.
  • Any idea how often they do this? I'd love to check it out and missed it last night.
  • I have seen them do replays with some of the triple shootouts final table in the past, but this is the first time I've seen them do it with the big Sunday tourney. It doesn't happen that often, but a couple of times a week I would say.
  • Soup wrote:
    Any idea how often they do this? I'd love to check it out and missed it last night.

Looks like the next replay starts in an hour, at 11:00 EST.

SOS, I am just making an assumption here, but I think they'd have to get permission from every single player at the final table to run this.  Now, that being said... it's possible that they don't explicitly have to ask for it.  For example, let's say you read all of the fine print when you sign up for Stars, or you read all of the fine print about the tournament by clicking "more info" or what have you in the lobby, and seeing where that takes you.

Maybe there's something in one of those places about the "replay", which would mean that players already gave their permission well before the tournament even started.  I know that at the WSOP they give you a bunch of stuff to sign.  I'm sure somewhere in there I gave permission to ESPN to show me on TV, and to expose my hole cards to the world.

I just wish they weren't deuces.
  • OK, ignore all that garbage about "general consent" that I just posted.

It appears as though the players were specifically asked whether or not they'd agree to this, because one player and one player only (Anders Friden) has his hole cards kept a secret. I can only assume that he was asked, and refused.

Interesting that they were willing to "replay" with 8 people's consent... I wonder what the magic number is where they say it's not worth it...
  • That is what they do. Upon completion stars gets the permission and replays the final table with the hole cards open for those who allowed it.
    The week before when I watched some had only 5 of the players showing their hands. Im sure it's much better to watch with almost all players showing.

Im sure Im not the only one to notice that the players who seem to not allow their cards shown, are long term winners that play online all the time.
    The others are often playing on accounts who have never had 1000 dollar scores based on the pokerdb stats.
    I also notice MOST of the players that fit the previous detail have never made cashes up until very recently, meaning the accounts could be very new. I have theories about new accounts as Im sure others have questioned it too.
    Now my sample size is only 8-10 Sunday majors on stars over the past few months but if you are around next Sunday for the final table of Stars big Sunday tourney, put all 9 names into thepokerdb and I bet there are 4 or 5 accts that have less than a month of result history.
  • PhantomRay won on Feb 5th, his total prior was $33K, he added $143,000 to that.

Langar came 2nd, his previous total was $3, he added $123,000.

What is your theory?