What do you think?

PokerStars Game #3848164003: Tournament #19112835, Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2006/02/03 - 12:21:16 (ET)
Table '19112835 12' Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: fiddz24 (1410 in chips)
Seat 2: BeesMoose (1770 in chips)
Seat 3: MDSGuy24 (1210 in chips)
Seat 4: BOBCATSPEGAL (1360 in chips)
Seat 5: hoss350 (1450 in chips)
Seat 6: Grego18 (1380 in chips)
Seat 7: MrWhite (1640 in chips)
Seat 8: cjdworks (1230 in chips)
Seat 9: GERILACI67 (2050 in chips)
BeesMoose: posts small blind 10
MDSGuy24: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to MDSGuy24 [4c Kh]
BOBCATSPEGAL: calls 20
hoss350: folds
Grego18: calls 20
MrWhite: folds
cjdworks: folds
GERILACI67: calls 20
fiddz24: raises 20 to 40
BeesMoose: calls 30
MDSGuy24: calls 20
BOBCATSPEGAL: calls 20
Grego18: calls 20
GERILACI67: calls 20
*** FLOP *** [4s Ks Js]
BeesMoose: folds
MDSGuy24: bets 100
BOBCATSPEGAL: calls 100
Grego18: calls 100
GERILACI67: folds
fiddz24: calls 100
*** TURN *** [4s Ks Js] [6c]
MDSGuy24: bets 100
BOBCATSPEGAL: raises 280 to 380
Grego18: folds
fiddz24: calls 380
MDSGuy24: calls 280
*** RIVER *** [4s Ks Js 6c] [2c]
MDSGuy24: checks
BOBCATSPEGAL: bets 840 and is all-in
fiddz24: calls 840

MDSGuy24???

I didn't like the flop coming 3 spades obviously, but flopping 2 pair didn't hurt. My $100 bets on the flop and turn were probe bets, I didn't really find out too much on the flop one, but the turn one really spoke volumes. Maybe I should have folded on the turn reraise, but I didn't feel that $280 more to see the river was all that much.

Comments

• I don't think I'd go broke with this hand at this point in the tournament. Fold behind the allin and the caller. I'd even fold to just the allin.
  • One of them must have the flush. It would hurt but I'd drop the hand.
  • Hello all, this is my first post so I thought I’d say hello first. I have been reading this forum for a couple months, I’ve learned a lot so thanks to all. I play low stakes tourneys and Sit&Go’s on pokerstars plus a weekly live game. I’m in the minus on ROI but getting very close to the even point. I’ve read Hellmuth, Lindgren, Vorhaus, Sklansky and Caro took a little from each to make style that fits my personality.

MDSGuy24 you have to fold, you should have folded at the Turn like you said. It was very early in the tournament and you could have gotten that 280 in the pot at much better time later on, either with a solid hand or bluff. Your EV later is much higher then it is with this hand.
  • Welcome to the posting forum!

Anyway, I'm surprised that noone has commented on the fact the you're playing K4o at all. I'd fold it preflop, everytime. I thnk Kx, Qx are some of the worst hands in hold em'. You never know if you are good and it's the type of hand to get you into a lot of trouble.

stp
  • stpboy wrote:
    Anyway, I'm surprised that noone has commented on the fact the you're playing K4o at all. 

Ditto, K4s I would maybe play in the SB or BB, K4o I dump pre-flop for this exact reason, you've got yourself in a situation where you have to make a difficult decision. Fold pre-flop and save yourself these kinds of situations. That said from where you stand now I fold, Bobcats all-in looks out of place to me, if he's sitting on the flush that board is not scary and I think he overbet possibly trying to steal but the call from fiddz tells me he has something.

• Anyway, I'm surprised that noone has commented on the fact the you're playing K4o at all.

Because MDS considers Q9s to be a premium hand. When your starting hand chart is what warped, K4o is a monster!
  • Anyway, I'm surprised that noone has commented on the fact the you're playing K4o at all.

I can't overly fault him for calling it in the BB for a miniscule part of his stack (if he doesn't get so attached to it on what's a pretty scary flop). I think I'd be pretty much inclined to call there with almost any 2 cards given the odds he's getting (yes I know K4o is crap multiway). He's getting something ridiculous like 10:1 though, plus huge implied odds...
  • stpboy wrote:
    Anyway, I'm surprised that noone has commented on the fact the you're playing K4o at all.  I'd fold it preflop, everytime.
    MDSGuy24: posts big blind 20

I usually don't play K4, but it was only raised 1xBB so I called. I will call with anything in the BB for only a 1xBB raise.

The rest of the HH (I found it afterall)

MDSGuy24: folds
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    BOBCATSPEGAL: shows [Kd 4h] (two pair, Kings and Fours)
    fiddz24: shows [Ad As] (a pair of Aces)
    BOBCATSPEGAL collected 3460 from pot
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 3460 | Rake 0
    Board [4s Ks Js 6c 2c]
    Seat 1: fiddz24 (button) showed [Ad As] and lost with a pair of Aces
    Seat 2: BeesMoose (small blind) folded on the Flop
    Seat 3: MDSGuy24 (big blind) folded on the River
    Seat 4: BOBCATSPEGAL showed [Kd 4h] and won (3460) with two pair, Kings
    and Fours

Bobcat I put on having either JJ or KJ, not the flush. When fiddz called the all in I put him on the flush for sure.

I know I made the right play, and I will do it again everytime, it's just funny how you think you have a read on people and they both prove you so very wrong.