The hand that cost me the final table

So I just busted out in 14th and I am so mad at myself.  I knew the break was coming in 4 minutes with only 16 players left I was in 8th.  I said, only premium hands until the break.  Then this.  Can I get away from this hand.  I wanted to final table in this $50+5 and I definitely couldn't of laid it down, maybe preflop raise, but he still calls. I know he re-raises me twice, however, I watched him call down so many bluffs in the last hour with nothing due to his chipstack.

My opinion, my error here is my read on him. If I didn't have this read, maybe I lay this down.

PokerStars Game #3844712671: Tournament #18846565, Hold'em Limit - Level VIII (400/800) - 2006/02/03 - 00:03:04 (ET)
Table '18846565 4' Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: mathcamp (3970 in chips)
Seat 2: renoKS (7640 in chips)
Seat 3: KeelyBones (1692 in chips)
Seat 4: Folded-AA (5230 in chips)
Seat 5: steelballs1 (18318 in chips)
Seat 6: heddis (5430 in chips)
Seat 8: MickBt23 (6550 in chips)
Seat 9: Allways Look (6879 in chips)
Folded-AA: posts small blind 200
steelballs1: posts big blind 400
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Folded-AA [Ks Ah]
heddis: folds
MickBt23 has timed out while being disconnected
MickBt23: folds
MickBt23 is sitting out
Allways Look: folds
mathcamp: folds
renoKS: folds
KeelyBones: folds
Folded-AA: calls 200
MickBt23 is connected
MickBt23 has returned
steelballs1: checks
*** FLOP *** [Qc Td 9s]
Folded-AA: checks
steelballs1: bets 400
Folded-AA: raises 400 to 800
steelballs1: raises 400 to 1200
Folded-AA: calls 400
*** TURN *** [Qc Td 9s] [Ts]
Folded-AA: bets 800
steelballs1: raises 800 to 1600
Folded-AA: calls 800
*** RIVER *** [Qc Td 9s Ts] [Ad]
Folded-AA: bets 800
steelballs1: raises 800 to 1600
Folded-AA: calls 800
*** SHOW DOWN ***
steelballs1: shows [Th Qs] (a full house, Tens full of Queens)
Folded-AA: mucks hand
steelballs1 collected 9600 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 9600 | Rake 0
Board [Qc Td 9s Ts Ad]
Seat 1: mathcamp folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: renoKS folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: KeelyBones (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: Folded-AA (small blind) mucked [Ks Ah]
Seat 5: steelballs1 (big blind) showed [Th Qs] and won (9600) with a full house, Tens full of Queens
Seat 6: heddis folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: MickBt23 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: Allways Look folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Comments

• I really don't understand your play of this hand on any street. Preflop it seems you are playing scared.

I'm not sure what you're doing on the flop -- you checkraise the minimum, I don't get it. Then he reraises you the minimum which is screaming for a call IMO he at minimum has the Q heads up.

Then you bet the turn and call another min raise.

By the time you reach the river and catch your A and bet it again and call another min raise.

I don't mean to make you feel bad after a big loss, but if you didn't want to play a big pot then lay it down after you miss. If you want to play a big pot then raise it preflop and go from there.

I would have raised preflop, made a continuation or call 1/2 pot or so on the flop assuming I had 10 outs (which was wrong) and huge implied odds if the J falls and got away from it after that. Playing AK out of position can be tricky and you really wouldn't mind taking it down preflop.
  • Definitely raise preflop.

Once the flop hits, you missing the flop completely, I think I would've layed this down. You just pass the blinds so you will still have a few hands before it comes back around again.

Btw GTA, he was playing limit.
  • sorry to say but once again, worst played hand i have ever seen.

i kinda like the limp against a fishy chip leader preflop opposed to raising (if making the FT is your goal), see the flop cheap, as he'll call a raise anyways (opposed to playing for value and 1st).  Wait to punish him if you hit the flop, and hopefully he hit 2nd or 3rd best to call u down with, maybe even throwing in a raise on the flop.     HOWEVER going to war post flop when the bets decimate your stack and all you have is ace high is well pure donk poker at its finest.  I find it equally astonishing that you hit your ace on the river and dont go all in.  NH
  • westside8 wrote:
    Definitely raise preflop.

Once the flop hits, you missing the flop completely, I think I would've layed this down. You just pass the blinds so you will still have a few hands before it comes back around again.

Btw GTA, he was playing limit.

oh, fuck me then its late...just adjust my comments to make sense then
  • Why do you guys always have to be so negative? Does saying things like "Worst Hand ever' or 'don't understand your play of this hand on any street' really help? All you guys ever do is slam people any chance you get.

Personally, I'm getting sick of it.
  • BBC Z wrote:
    Why do you guys always have to be so negative? Does saying things like "Worst Hand ever' or 'don't understand your play of this hand on any street' really help? All you guys ever do is slam people any chance you get.

is it April already?
  • BBC Z wrote:
    Why do you guys always have to be so negative? Does saying things like "Worst Hand ever' or 'don't understand your play of this hand on any street'  really help? All you guys ever do is slam people any chance you get.

LOL, another good 'ole belly laugh, thanks BBC!
  • I watched him call down so many bluffs in the last hour with nothing due to his chipstack.

My opinion, my error here is my read on him. If I didn't have this read, maybe I lay this down.

Reread statement #1.

He is not calling you down. This does not match your 'read'. He bets into you and reraises you at every opportunity. Not once did he call you. Lay it down. You are beat.
  • First..
    said, only premium hands until the break.

How is AK not premium? You were following your own rules.

No raise pre-flop? Big mistake. Especially in limit.

Missed the flop and made a bet and was raised. I would be wary about moving on. I don't hate the call.

Turn and still missed. Drop it. Check and hope for a free card for the straight. He bets, you fold.
  • BBC Z wrote:
    Why do you guys always have to be so negative? Does saying things like "Worst Hand ever' or 'don't understand your play of this hand on any street'  really help? All you guys ever do is slam people any chance you get.

Yawn.................

BBC must be on cold medication or is on something really strong. The new kinder, gentler BBC!
  • Hey Sloth, it seems somebody hacked into BBC's account and is using it to post.