Feb. 8 Port Perry tourney?

Anyone here going?
I am #7 on the waiting list but still need to working out a few glitches in order to attend..

Comments

• As usual, I will be attending/donating at this tournament

Rob.
  • gents, what time will you be there? I am going to swing by in the AM, but not crazy early. Coffee is on me :)
  • Seeing as the start time is 9AM, I should be there about 8:30. Save your $, I will have had 2-3 coffees by then. Any more I will start shaking and everyone will think it is a tell.
  • Yorkpoker wrote:
    gents, what time will you be there?  I am going to swing by in the AM, but not crazy early.  Coffee is on me :)

BTW, nice to see you on the forum again!
  • it's amazing what a wife, house, career and family will do to your disposable time (read: poker playing)!

C ya Wed.
  • Yorkpoker wrote:
    it's amazing what a wife, house, career and family will do to your disposable time (read: poker playing)!

Yup. I'm out.
    The next few days are going to be very tough for me to get any poker in, never mind trying to commit a full day to it.
    Too bad, I really wanted this one.

Good luck Rob!
  • Dead Money wrote:
    As usual, I will be attending/donating at this tournament

Rob.

Well, how'd it go?
  • I was doing very well in the first hour at a very tight table (not), Managed to get my stack to just over 8K by the first break. By the end of the second break my stack was only 3800. By the end of the third break I was 4250.........

I managed to keep living and my lowest stack point was 2500 in the 4th hour. I survived to make it to the final table with 17,500 and believe it or not I was 9th in chips out of 11. Second hand of the final table I have JJ UTG. The blinds were 4K/2K I pushed all in and was called by the super low stack with around 8K one of the larger stacks also called. Super short had 55 and large stack had AK sooted. board came 10,A,10,10, X. Super short came in 11th and I came in 10th for a $1036.00 prize.

I was happy I made it that far as I didn't get good cards all day. I had only two made hands in the hole all day until the final two tables. I didn't see AK all day, saw AA in the 4th hour and 66 in the first hour.
  • Nice job!
    If only your JJ held up... Well at least you beat out the low stack to make it into the $$.

Congrats!

Do you know if there are any seats left for the next one?
  • I signed up with visa on tuesday night and I was #55. I think there are 110 seats for the next one. I am sure 30 or so were sold yesterday.
  • When is the next one?
    You're not talking about the one in June are you?
  • GBH always has a tournament the second Wednesday of the month. The next one, I think is March 8th. The buyin is 240.00 and is a rebuy.

Rob.
  • As far as I know we are sold out at 88 players and there is again a waiting list for March 8th tourney...

Pokerkid1215