-1 Messages??

Hey Sloth, when I read the newsletter in my PM inbox, it didn't register as there being a message there. Then after I deleted it, it now reads -1 Messages. Just thought you should know.

Comments

• that means you're the lucky winner!

j/k

odd. I'll look into it. TY for the heads up.
  • sloth wrote:
    that means you're the lucky winner!

Soooooooo, I don't get the all expenses paid trip to Las Vegas?? DAMN!! :rage:
  • A different yet inexplicable error. When I got to the forum it said I had a message, do I want to open a new window. I said yes, the window opened, but there was no new message. I do have my PM's forwarded to email, so I have a copy of the PM there, but in the forum it simply disappeared.
  • Could the forum be haunted!!!! Possibly by the ghost of bad beats past!!!
  • beanie42 wrote:
    A different yet inexplicable error.  When I got to the forum it said I had a message, do I want to open a new window.  I said yes, the window opened, but there was no new message.  I do have my PM's forwarded to email, so I have a copy of the PM there, but in the forum it simply disappeared.
    Sloth - just a bump since this is still occuring. It happened twice last week, once last night, and once this morning. I still received the messages (since I have them sent to email), but other members may simply be losing them. Just FYI.
  • beanie42 wrote:
    beanie42 wrote:
    A different yet inexplicable error.  When I got to the forum it said I had a message, do I want to open a new window.  I said yes, the window opened, but there was no new message.  I do have my PM's forwarded to email, so I have a copy of the PM there, but in the forum it simply disappeared.
    Sloth - just a bump since this is still occuring.  It happened twice last week, once last night, and once this morning.  I still received the messages (since I have them sent to email), but other members may simply be losing them.  Just FYI.

I am losing them until I delete some messages.

Brent
  • I am losing them until I delete some messages.
    Thanks for the hint Brent.

Sloth - it appears that the error is an off-by-1 error with the paging. At 22 messages, I have a 3rd page with 2 items. Delete one, and I have 2 pages (item #21 is hidden). Dropping down to 12 is fine, but at 11 messages there is only 1 page (1 hidden again). Hope this helps to narrow it down.
  • i have been -1 since i erased all my messages
  • same here
  • I'm bumping because mine reads -2 now after I deleted today's message from you, Sloth.
  • Same here - I am now at -2.

I was at 0 for a long time then no less than 4 days ago decided to check my PM inbox to see if there were any read ones i forgot about - there were none except for one from you Sloth that I do not remember receiving. I read and deleted it; I then became a member of the -1 gang.

Today I saw this post was updated by Flint Bones so I then checked my inbox again. I found your newsletter then deleted it. I am now a member of the -2 gang.

I think somehow the PMs initiated by you Sloth are not registering in the count.

Take Care,

• Seems to be the newsletter causing the problems. In my inbox, it doesn't show as any mail being there, yet the newsletter is there. After reading and deleting it, it's causing a negative.

Doesn't register as a PM, but once deleted, it registers as a negative.
  • agreed - newsletter seems to be the problem.
  • Sloth I have written you many messages about not receiving newsletters, either via my pokerforum.ca email or it seems people get them by PM too.  Can you please look into this for me?
  • my -1 messages has dissappeared. yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prophet 22
  • moose...to be honest, I don't know how to troubleshoot email issues. Maybe change the email listed in your account, then i can do a test then switch back? I have no clue at all. Have you verified that your settings on the forum accept notifications?
  • OK I changed my email address so maybe it will work now. Notifications are on.