20+2 SNG hand - Turn

OK, I've only started wading into the 20's so if my play sucks just tell me. Decent success thus far, but as we all know, results mean nothing.

PokerStars Game #3824060391: Tournament #18991572, Hold'em No Limit - Level II (15/30) - 2006/02/01 - 00:07:14 (ET)
Table '18991572 1' Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: opa72 (1205 in chips)
Seat 2: googoomuck1 (1920 in chips)
Seat 3: utgfather (2285 in chips)
Seat 5: hanesscores (1585 in chips)
Seat 6: KingNutzzz (2030 in chips)
Seat 7: ScoobyD (1415 in chips)
Seat 8: BearCat4Life (1470 in chips)
Seat 9: beingbrad (1590 in chips)
utgfather: posts small blind 15
hanesscores: posts big blind 30
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ScoobyD [Ac Ah]
KingNutzzz: folds
ScoobyD: raises 90 to 120
BearCat4Life: folds
beingbrad: calls 120
opa72: folds
googoomuck1: folds
utgfather: folds
hanesscores: calls 90
*** FLOP *** [5h 8h 6h]
hanesscores: checks
ScoobyD: bets 210
beingbrad: calls 210
hanesscores: folds
*** TURN *** [5h 8h 6h] [Jd]
ScoobyD: ?

As far as reads go, villain has generally played too many weak hands (especially in raised pots), generally passive. Based on the flop, I strongly think he has a heart draw.

What's your turn play and why? Push to take pot down now (fairly big)? Price in a heart draw since his draw is no good anyways? Other?

Comments

• Tough one.. hard to say

I would probably either push all in, or go into check-call mode.. two polar opposites I know, but if he's on a draw, make him pay, if he has the flush, well, that sucks, but you've got a draw to the nut flush..... I honestly have no clue what I would do without knowing what else I thought of this table...

Mark
  • Since you have him on a wide range of hands, he could have a weak flush, a small set, top pair maybe even be on a straight draw. A straight or 2pr are unlikely but who knows?

The pot is big enough now. I wouldn't get greedy and go for any fancy plays. I'd try to take it down right now. If he has a better hand, you have some outs...
  • Quick analysis of your situation:

You've commited only 20% of your stack you should be currently at around 1100.

Pot size is 795?

Betting pot essentially commits your stack.

Lets run down the hands - 2 pair had no redraw
    a set has no redraw
    a str8 has a possible redraw for a low flush

You've got 8 outs vs the str8, 10outs vs a set and 13 outs vs 2 pair.

I would think that right now you have an above average hand. I bet out half the pot and see if he smooth calls it or pumps it.

If your read puts him on the draw then go with it.
  • I'd check and get ready to fold to a big bet.

Based on your analysis of his play (weak hands), I'd be a bit worried that he's already made a str8 flushon the flop.

You still have a lot of time in the tourney, to make it back.

Hobbes
  • I would pooooosh and expect to be called by god knows what.
  • OK, I think in hindsight I should have probably pushed the turn given the pot size. I was convinced he was on a heart draw, so I made a half pot sized turn bet not really caring if he wanted to chase the flush (but the other non-heart draws should have worried me more I think).

*** TURN *** [5h 8h 6h] [Jd]
    ScoobyD: bets 360
    beingbrad: calls 360
    *** RIVER *** [5h 8h 6h Jd] [4h]
    ScoobyD: ?

I figure this is my money card... Push? Let him push? Make a small bet?
  • Might as well push and lose to the nuts, then start a new one.
  • One card beats you right now. I'd push, if he has the 7h then you lose to a big hand. Oh well.
  • Might as well push and lose to the nuts, then start a new one.

Yup. Although, I totally missed this when pushing.  Guy had A7o (with 7h).   It took me second or 2 to figure why his 7 kicker flush took the pot... :)  Duh.  I play the river the same every time I think though, I just wonder (in hindsight), if I should have been a little less cute with it on the turn...