PokerForum.ca Larger Buyin Tourney June27?

All, it feels like a rather large time gap between the forum PokerStars June15 and July6 tournaments...

...soooo if I get more than 10 honest "I'm in" posts to this in the next week or so, I'll register a 50$ NLHE tourney for Sunday, June 27th @ 11:00 am EST. ---which gives everyone (ahem---all_aces) time to win ours before cashing in the PokerStars Sunday afternoon Tourney ;)

Just firing this out there....

-SirBry.

Comments

• which gives everyone (ahem---all_aces) time to win ours before cashing in the PokerStars Sunday afternoon Tourney

Lol, you read my mind, SirBry. Not about winning the pokerforum tourney, but I would indeed probably like to play in the Stars Sunday afternoon one...

Count me in!

Regards,
    all_aces
  • !!!!! Im In !!!!!
  • i was the guest thought i'd do it again with my name. still in ;)
  • I cannot give you an "honest in" since I will be playing in a tourney the night before with an open bar. 8)
    If I get knocked out I am sure I will be trying to drink the equivalent of my buy in, which then means I will not be up for the 11am start....
    On the other hand if I win, I will be celebrating and will have a hard time waking up for 11am start....
    I guess It doesn't look good for me...........
  • Damn... New to the forum, tired of just lurking. I would love to play but alas I cannot as I have a live tournament that day from Noon until I when ever I win it. I Hope. I will howver be in the July 6th (just registered). See you all there
  • Welcome to the forum, garro! Good luck on Sunday!

esool:
    I cannot give you an "honest in" since I will be playing in a tourney the night before with an open bar.
    If I get knocked out I am sure I will be trying to drink the equivalent of my buy in, which then means I will not be up for the 11am start....
    On the other hand if I win, I will be celebrating and will have a hard time waking up for 11am start....
    I guess It doesn't look good for me...........

Lol, I'm in the same tournament, and I guess the same applies for me, although if our Sunday morning tournament is still happening, I will make an honest effort to play in it. I don't think I saw it on the Stars private tournament list, though, so it looks like we're doing this another time, SirBry?

Hopefully the lack of interest in this tournament has more to do with the time, and less to do with the $50 buy-in, because it would be nice to occasionally play a pokerforum tournament for slightly larger stakes than our normal ones.

Regards,
    all_aces
  • As all_aces queried, perhaps 50$ was a bit much for some of our members, or perchance the date/time didn't work?....but alas, I don't believe we have enough to warrant a tourney.

I would like to hear any feedback for everyone---too much $$$, porr choice for scheduling, whatever, etc....

Any ideas for changes in order to increase interest are welcome.

-Bry.
  • I think the time is a problem. It's 8am Pacific for one thing, and even 11am is not a time some poker players are going to be awake.

Weekends can be unpredictable (especially in the summer) in terms of people being away. I'd say a (non-Friday) weekday at 9:00 or 9:30pm Eastern would be the best choice of time & day.

Also, poker players are notorious for not planning ahead. If it's not too hard to do, why not just go ahead and set up the tournament, announce it here, and see who shows up (instead of waiting for expressions of interest)? My guess is that for every person who posts "I'm in!" there will be at least 5 or 6 who would also play if the tournament was there, but won't say anything ahead of time.

As for the size of the buy-in, $50+$5 is not for me. But I'm thinking that lowering the buy-in might be defeating the purpose of having a high buy-in tournament at all.

ScottyZ
  • Thanks for the feedback Scotty.

One thing I do not want to do is abuse our Stars tourney-making ability. If I'm not sure we'll get 10 people out, I'd rather not create it. Although a small turnout to a touney of ours may not actually be trivial, it may look like we are abusing the system and taking up valuable Stars tournament board space for whimsical contests.