My hands on midnight $1+0 Pokerstars MTT

Due to All_aces suggestion, I decided to put up my hand play for criticizing. 990 in, 81 places paid.

10/20 Blinds
I have 33 and smooth call from EP. 2 Other callers. Flop is 3TT, pot is 70, so I bet 40, hoping to take it down, and I do.

I have 4hJh in the BB, and folded to the SB who raises to 60, I don't care to defend since it is early and I will most likely be move soon.

I get JsTs, flop is Jc7c2s, I bet 130 (pot size) and get 1 caller in LP, turn is 3d, I bet out 130 again he calls, river is 3s, I bet out 100, he calls and I win.

I get AdTc in MP, and call 20, LP raises 20, I call. flop is 3s6c7d, pot is 200, EP bets out 40, I decide to fold. If I called, and called turn (Q), I would have won on the river (T), they both had pair 7s.

15/30 Blinds
I get QcJc two off the button. I call 30, SB raises to 60, so I call. 5 see the pot.
flop is QhJc6h, SB raiser bets 330 (pot size), I reraise to 660, he calls
Turn is 8h, I don't think he has flush, so I bet him all in.
River is X, he has AQo, I win pot and have 3000.

I get KK 1 off BB, and my table is aggressive so I smooth call, looking to raise preflop. It happens, button raise to 60, BB raises to 90, I raise to 300 and get 4 callers.
Flop is 5cJh3d, I bet out 1300 (pot size) and get 1 caller, turn is a 3, I bet 1300 again (which is all in for other person), he calls, river is a 8, he has 56o. I now have a 7500 stack

I get QcQd, MP calls, and I bet 100, SB and BB fold, MP calls. Pot is 245, MP checks Tc8d8s flop, I bet out 250 and win it. Stack is 7700

Currently ranked 4th

25/50 Blinds
Qc9h on BB, flop is 8c6c4h, I check EP bets 150 (pot size) I fold

2c3S on SB, I put it on auto fold (LP raised to 1100 anyways)

AsKh on button, MP raises to 200, 2 off button raises to 1100, I fold. ARG, flop was KK7. MP had AQ, LP has TT.

I get QsQc in EP, bet 200, and win net profit of 125. Stack is 7655, 570 left, ranked 12th

on BB, I get 3sJc, EP bets 250, I fold

on SB, I get Qd6s, EP bets 100, I fold (folded to me). I would have hit a straight on turn (5798A)

50/100 Blinds, I have 7580 and am ranked 15th
2 off the button I get AsKd, person before me raises to 200, I call 4 people see the flop. Flop is Qc9s5c, he bets 100, I call SB and BB fold. Turn is 8c, he checks, I bet 500 and steal the pot. I have 8280.

I get KsJs in EP 2 hands later, I call, flop is Qh&h2s, pot is 500, EP before me bets 1100 all in, I fold.

On BB, I get 9h2h, EP raises to 200, MP raises to 400, I fold.

On SB, I get Ks3h, EP raises to 200, I fold

I get AhKs in MP, but EP raises to 500, so I fold. on SB and BB call, flop is Q99, wow, SB has AQ, and EP raiser had 99.

I get AdQd in MP, and it is folded to me, so I bet 250, SB calls. Flop is Jc9c 5s and he bets out 500 (pot size), I think, and I fold.

75/150 Blind, break time, I got 7780 left, ranked 29th, 402 left with Avg Stack @ 3694.
On BB, I get AdJc 4 see the flop, flop is 6c2c8d, pot is 675 and MP bets 1125 all in, I fold.

on SB, I get Qd8c, folded to me, I bet 450 and steal the BB

I get AdJs, I raise to 300, and get two callers (BB and SB). Flop is KdJc7h, checked to me, I bet 450, and get checked raised by SB (another 450), I think and call (I'm not sure about this move). SB then bets out 1500 on turn (8d) and I fold. Should I have folded to the checkraise on the flop?

On BB, I get Tc4d, EP raises to 750 then SB reraises to 1600 (allin), I fold

On SB, I get Qd6d, flop is 6h2c4h, I am FTA, so I bet 450 (pot size) and get reraised by last to act (2100, so 1650 to me), I think and I fold, maybe overpair, possible trips, or even straight.

Question, would you call A9o in a tourney (late of course) in LP, luckily the decision was easier to me as persone before me raises to 1500 all in.

100/200 Blinds, I have 5980 (just keeps depleting), ranked 84, Avg Stack is 5174 with 287 left.
On BB, I get 8h4h, flop is 9sTd6s, checked around, turn is 9h, I check and MP bets, so I fold.

On SB, I get Qh3s, EP raises to 400, I fold 300 to call.

1 off button, I get AhTh, MP raises, flop is 2hAcJs, EP bets 200 I raise to 1000 and EP calls as well as MP. Turn is 6c, they EP bets 200 again so I raise to 1600. They both call, I am worried as they both have bigger stacks then me. I have 3000 left to a 8000 pot, they both check and so do I, they both had AK and split. I now have 3480 left.

I get ATo in MP, and call (I am Last to act). 4 see the flop, which is 8c7d2s, EP bets out 400, i fold (pot is 800).

I get 77 UTG and just call, flop is Ac9d9h, checked around, turn is Qh, Ep bets 500 I fold. How could I have played this better, maybe a PF raise?

On BB, I get 2s5d, UTG goes all in for 1482, I fold.

On SB, JcQs, I just call and see the flop which is 3sAs5c, checked around, turn is 8s, checked around, river is Kh, checked around, someone wins with pair 8s.

I get AsQd on button and raise to 500, 3 see flop (BB and SB fold). Flop is 8s6s3c and checked to me (I think it is a missed flop to them) so I bet 750 (half of pot size) and they both fold. I am up to 4000 now.

On BB, I get QhTs (5 already in) so I check, flop is 7s7h4s, I check and fold to a 1200 bet.

On SB, I get Kc8h, LP raises 7800 all in? I fold. LP raiser has AKh and got called by MP who had KsQc. Rivered him with a Q.

I get QsQc in LP, I raise to 900. I get 3 callers to a AsTd3h flop, checked around, I think and check as well. Turn is 2h, EP bets out 2000, I think and fold.

100/200 Blinds with 25 Ante. Stack is 2530 (OUCH), rank is 170 of 204. Avg stack is 7279.
I get JcKc in LP, and raise to 400, and get reraised all in (2500). I think and fold.

I get KcQc UTG and raise to 400, flop is 3hTc2s,I am second last to act and put a 400 bluff and take the pot.

On BB, I get Jh6d, flop is 2s4s6s, I bet 925 (pot size) 1 caller. Turn is 8d, I bet 1010, which is all in for other person. He calls, shows AdJs, river is Ac, he wins. I have 845 left.

On SB, I get 8c7d, I call. Flop is 2h3c5h, I check MP bets 2000, I fold.

200/400 Blinds with 25 Ante, I got 595 Left, ranked 184 out of 187. Avg Stack is 8027. I need a HUGE MIRACLE, Ie Running Running Running AA :)
I get As8s two off button, and folded to me, so I move all in. SB calls and has JTo, 4c6h3h2h9c I win, and have 1690.

On BB, I get Td3h, me and SB see the flop. Flop is Ks4s5s, I check as well as him. Turn is 3s, he bets 400, I fold.

On SB, I get AhQh, I move all in. BB reraises and shows JJ, flop is Jh9hTd, I got a flush and straight draw. Turn and river are rags and I aam out in 156th place. Darn.

Comments

• Tilter wrote:
    I get AdJs, I raise to 300, and get two callers (BB and SB). Flop is KdJc7h, checked to me, I bet 450, and get checked raised by SB (another 450), I think and call (I'm not sure about this move). SB then bets out 1500 on turn (8d) and I fold. Should I have folded to the checkraise on the flop?
    You should've folded to the check-raise on the flop. The raiser has at least a pair of kings, your middle pair is no good.

Question, would you call A9o in a tourney (late of course) in LP, luckily the decision was easier to me as persone before me raises to 1500 all in.
    No.

1 off button, I get AhTh, MP raises, flop is 2hAcJs, EP bets 200 I raise to 1000 and EP calls as well as MP. Turn is 6c, they EP bets 200 again so I raise to 1600. They both call, I am worried as they both have bigger stacks then me. I have 3000 left to a 8000 pot, they both check and so do I, they both had AK and split. I now have 3480 left.
    I wouldn't call with AT when there is a raise in front of me.
  • Yeah, I think you are correct. The AT most likely cost me the tourney as it cost me 3000 ish in chips.
  • Hey Tilter! Nicely done! Just to fill everyone in, Tilter asked me what the best way to get better at poker is. First of all, I think that asking that question is a HUGE step in the right direction, IMHO. Too many players--myself included, for a long time--want to think that they play hands masterfully, and reject honest and constructive criticism on that basis. Anyways, to that end, I suggested that posting hands is a good way to get better, the theory being that you'll get a bunch of advice--some good advice, and some bad advice maybe--on how you could have played your hands. The main thing is that it's OBJECTIVE advice, and it's up to you to sort out the good advice from the bad advice, based mostly on what you've found has been working well for you in the past and on what sounds reasonable to you.

Anyways, blah blah blah I go, but there's my two cents about posting hands. I've posted a whole boatload of them at twoplustwo over the last couple of years, and in exchange I had my spirit broken ( :wink: ) and became, I think, a better player.

These are the hands I find most interesting:
    I have 33 and smooth call from EP. 2 Other callers. Flop is 3TT, pot is 70, so I bet 40, hoping to take it down, and I do.

This is the type of hand you want to slowplay. You flopped a monster--a slightly vulnerable monster, but a monster nonetheless. You want to do more than take down a small pot with this hand, you want to take someone's stack. Let someone with AJ hit their ace or jack on the turn, or even better, let someone catch a runner-runner str8 or flush on the river. The key is to win the maximum when you have the best hand. If the board ends up 3TTJ2 rainbow, and someone with AJ is willing to put 100 chips into the pot with this scary board, then you should bet 100. The key is to maximize your winnings, and big hands like these can afford to let weaker hands almost catch up.
    I get AdTc in MP, and call 20, LP raises 20, I call. flop is 3s6c7d, pot is 200, EP bets out 40, I decide to fold. If I called, and called turn (Q), I would have won on the river (T), they both had pair 7s.

A good fold. I don't chase overcards anymore in limit hold'em, and especially not in no-limit. That doesn't mean I won't call someone down with ace-high if I think I have the best hand, or be betting it myself. The important thing here is that you can't be too results-oriented in thinking that you would have won the pot if you'd called all the way down. You missed the flop, and you made a good fold, that's all that matters. Do the same thing again and again, and you'll find that you 'would have' lost this type of hand more often than you'd have won it.
    I get KK 1 off BB, and my table is aggressive so I smooth call, looking to raise preflop. It happens, button raise to 60, BB raises to 90, I raise to 300 and get 4 callers.
    Flop is 5cJh3d, I bet out 1300 (pot size) and get 1 caller, turn is a 3, I bet 1300 again (which is all in for other person), he calls, river is a 8, he has 56o. I now have a 7500 stack

I like the limp-reraise preflop. If as you say your table is aggressive, it's a great play from EP. I'm surprised you got 4 callers... KK wants to be in heads-up or maybe 3-way pots. 5 people in usually spells trouble, and I'm surprised one of them didn't outdraw you. Nice hand.
    AsKh on button, MP raises to 200, 2 off button raises to 1100, I fold. ARG, flop was KK7. MP had AQ, LP has TT.

Tough to analyze this without knowing more about what types of hands MP and LP raise with. Also, my decision in this spot would depend a lot on what the other 2 stacks are like. You have about 7700... if they each had 2000 or less I'd probably put them both all-in and try to get paid 3:1. If you lose, you're down to 5500 which is still plenty to play with. If either of them was near you in stack size, it's *probably* a good fold. Especially if your opponents have been showing down strong starting cards.
    on SB, I get Qd6s, EP bets 100, I fold (folded to me). I would have hit a straight on turn (5798A)

Once again, don't be too results-oriented. I know you know that you made a good fold, and that you'll continue to fold Q6 preflop, but it's important to get to the point where, after you fold, you don't care about what the board brings. That doesn't mean however that you should stop paying attention... you should be watching how your opponents bet their hands and what kinds of hand they're betting with.
    2 off the button I get AsKd, person before me raises to 200, I call 4 people see the flop. Flop is Qc9s5c, he bets 100, I call SB and BB fold. Turn is 8c, he checks, I bet 500 and steal the pot. I have 8280.

Nice hand. I'd probably re-raise preflop, given that the person before you is very likely just trying to steal the blinds. Also, if you can get it heads-up, you have that much more of a chance to win the pot. I'd probably raise the flop, in any case. The turn bet was great, but I'd be getting more aggressive with this hand, sooner. If you have no pair, and someone's really betting into you, it's an easy fold. But yeah, it looks like the guy was trying to steal the blinds, and didn't count on you having a big hand in LP.
    I get AhKs in MP, but EP raises to 500, so I fold. on SB and BB call, flop is Q99, wow, SB has AQ, and EP raiser had 99.

Unless EP is super-tight, I'd reraise or at least call preflop. Of course, what do you do when the flop comes AK9? Lose a lot of chips. But that's poker. You have a strong preflop starting hand and once again you should be willing play it aggressively, until either a terrible flop or an opponent, or both, make you hate your AK.

Depends on the SB... is he overly aggressive? Also, it's important to consider if he thinks you're overly aggressive. It seems to me that you've built up a pretty solid table image to this point, so he would have very little reason to suspect that you have absolutely nothing when you bet. So, he probably has a hand that can beat yours, and you probably should have folded to the checkraise. Then again, it's 450 to call into a 2250 pot. 5 outs to an ace or a jack... assuming your ace is good if you hit it... with your stack, I might gamble and call and see the turn. It's close, and it largely depends on your history with the SB.

I hate hands like A9o. That being said, I just raised all-in with A9o in tonight's 10+1 rebuy tournament. But, the big blind was coming, and it was getting close to that 'I have to make a move soon' point. No more waiting. Of course, I got called by ATo and busted out. Anyways, I don't play A9o unless I have to, or I'm semi-stealing. If it's folded to me in LP or in the SB, I'll raise it. If I have to go all-in with any ace because I'm severely shortstacked, I'll move in. You definitely want to raise with this hand, though, or fold it, IMHO.

I like the way you played this hand preflop (depending on the size of the preflop raise), and I like the way you played it on the flop. When you get 2 callers on your 1K raise, it's time to cut your losses. Think of it this way: what could they possibly have that they could be calling you with that you can beat? You are clearly representing an ace, and there are no draws on the board. So, they're not calling with a draw (a gutshot doesn't count as a draw because it would be sheer madness to call for 1K here with a gutshot), and they must assume you have at least an ace, unless they're crazy. Does one of them have a weaker ace? Maybe. Do both of them have weaker aces? Highly unlikely. I'd call the turn bet for 200, and a river bet for maybe 200 or so, but I wouldn't be in a hurry to put many more chips into this pot, and I'd be ready to fold it for any large bet from either of them.
    I get ATo in MP, and call (I am Last to act). 4 see the flop, which is 8c7d2s, EP bets out 400, i fold (pot is 800).

Similiar to A9o, ATo is too weak a hand to be calling with. You should raise it, to give it some more power (ie: your opponents will think it's better than it is, and you may be able to take it down then and there preflop or with a flop bet), or fold it.
    I get 77 UTG and just call, flop is Ac9d9h, checked around, turn is Qh, Ep bets 500 I fold. How could I have played this better, maybe a PF raise?

I'd raise it, but a lot of people wouldn't. There is a case to be made for just calling, hoping nobody else raises, and trying to flop a set.

I get AsQd on button and raise to 500, 3 see flop (BB and SB fold). Flop is 8s6s3c and checked to me (I think it is a missed flop to them) so I bet 750 (half of pot size) and they both fold. I am up to 4000 now.

Nice hand. Instead of thinking that you missed the flop, you're thinking that your opponents did. Your preflop raise means you could have a pocket pair, and you got the desired result with you flop bet. Nice. (As an aside, I generally bet the pot in these spots, not half the pot. I'll do it with nothing and I'll do it with the nuts. If you only bet the pot when you hit the flop hard, an observant opponent will notice that you only bet half the pot, and will likely try to check-raise you off your hand.)

I get QsQc in LP, I raise to 900. I get 3 callers to a AsTd3h flop, checked around, I think and check as well. Turn is 2h, EP bets out 2000, I think and fold.

3 callers for 900 each? This game is looser, and more passive, than I'm used to. Like I said earlier, big hands like QQ and KK HATE multiway pots. If you think 900 preflop is enough to get it headsup or close to it, bet 900. If you think it'll take more than that to do it (especially if one or two players have already limped in...) then bet more. It's better to win a small pot than lose a big one, and you gotta hate that flop. Well done with the check/fold though... it's pretty transparent... you're basically saying to your opponents 'I have QQ', but with a flop like that and 3 callers in for 900 each, I think an ace is out there that isn't going anywhere, and I think checking and folding is the right play.
    100/200 Blinds with 25 Ante. Stack is 2530 (OUCH), rank is 170 of 204. Avg stack is 7279.
    I get JcKc in LP, and raise to 400, and get reraised all in (2500). I think and fold.

Just doubling the blinds in LP when everyone's folded to you looks like a blind steal, which is why I'll just double the blinds with genuine blind steals and with HUGE hands in this spot. It is possible that you had the best hand here, but your opponent didn't give you credit for it because of the size of your preflop bet. It's also possible that your opponent had a monster. One way to find out would have been to bet more preflop... I think somewhere in the neighbourhood of 600 or 800, or simply fold it preflop if you want to wait for a better spot to get your chips in.
    I get KcQc UTG and raise to 400, flop is 3hTc2s,I am second last to act and put a 400 bluff and take the pot.

Again, just doubling the blinds is probably not enough, unless you have aces and you're deliberately trying to trap someone. Although 400 is a lot of chips to you, given the size of your stack, it's important to remember that 400 is a negligable amount to the stacks out there. You're usually going to get all kinds of callers with a raise this small, and you don't really want them. You should be playing your opponent's stacks--that is, make bets that will be meaningful to them, regardless of how meaningful (or not, as the case may be) they might be to you. If that means you have to move in, than move in. I'm not saying you should have moved in here with KcQc. I am saying that you should consider moving in, or folding, or at the very least betting more than 400. Nice flop bet, though.
    On BB, I get Jh6d, flop is 2s4s6s, I bet 925 (pot size) 1 caller. Turn is 8d, I bet 1010, which is all in for other person. He calls, shows AdJs, river is Ac, he wins. I have 845 left.

Personally I think you played this hand perfectly, on every street. Your opponent is a moron, and he made a very bad call on the flop, and a worse one on the turn. He should have either moved in on the flop and put you to a decision, or folded.
    On SB, I get 8c7d, I call. Flop is 2h3c5h, I check MP bets 2000, I fold.

With a mere 845, you are in serious 'move in or fold' mode. I'd fold, and look for any ace, more or less, in the next round to move in all of my chips with at once.
    I get As8s two off button, and folded to me, so I move all in. SB calls and has JTo, 4c6h3h2h9c I win, and have 1690.

That's the way to make a comeback. Survive, wait, pick your spots, and move in when you have to. Nice hand. If you'd folded that 78o, you'd be up that much more right now... :wink:

I hope that helped, Tilter. The hands I didn't mention, I thought you played fine. In general I'd say you need to be a bit more aggressive, and your bets need to be a bit more meaningful. When your chips are starting to get below average, you should be bluffing more, with any two cards, for all of your chips if necessary, against players who you think will be capable of folding to you. But overall, you played well, and if you refine your game here and there, I think you'll be a profitable player.

Regards,
    all_aces
  • I see you're making a run at the hat. Well done. :)

Seriously, excellent post. 8)

ScottyZ
  • Lol, thanks Scotty. If anything I said was incorrect, feel free to call me out. Those were just immediate knee-jerk reactions to the hands.

See you at the tourney tonight!

Regards,
    all_aces
  • Sry, that was me.
  • One thing about the 87o on the short stack. Did you notice that he was on the small blind in that hand?

He's got 845 before the hand, and it's 100/200 a25.

I don't think that limping in here for the extra 100 is that bad. There's at least one caller (MP) so there's enough money in the pot so that it's worth taking a shot I think.

Folding is certainly not a bad play either.

Being short-stacked means you're going to have to take a lot of chances, and I generally don't mind limping in a lot from the SB, or maybe even from the button or cutoff behind some players who have already limped, hoping to catch a favorable flop.

However, this is a high risk play (which might be okay when you're on a short stack) because in the spirit of needing to take chances, you're probably going to have to close your eyes play on if you catch only a small piece of the flop, like middle or bottom pair, or a raggedy board (i.e. you possibly have 6 one-pair outs) with a gutshot.

ScottyZ
  • One thing about the 87o on the short stack. Did you notice that he was on the small blind in that hand?

I did notice that.
    There's at least one caller (MP) so there's enough money in the pot so that it's worth taking a shot I think.

I didn't notice that. My brain replaced MP for BB when I read it... I thought everyone had folded to Tilter. With an MP call, completing on the SB is not bad at all. I totally agree with you about the need to take chances on a shortstack, and getting in with unusual hands cheaply is one such chance to take. Just call, and hope the flop hits you!

Regards,
    all_aces
  • all_aces wrote:
    I didn't notice that. My brain replaced MP for BB when I read it... I thought everyone had folded to Tilter.

I think if it was folded to me in the SB here, I'd strongly consider raising with any 2 cards, except maybe ultra-trash like 32o. I'd be hoping the 87o has some fold equity here. 8)

This might also depend somewhat on my opinion of the BB, though the BB would probably have to be a pretty loose defender to swing the decision.

A raise of 645 more into the 200 blind is not big, but it's not chump change either. It's just about a standard pot-sized raise. Calling from the BB here with a mediocre hand is far from automatic I think.

ScottyZ
  • ScottyZ wrote:
    all_aces wrote:
    I didn't notice that. My brain replaced MP for BB when I read it... I thought everyone had folded to Tilter.

I think if it was folded to me in the SB here, I'd strongly consider raising with any 2 cards, except maybe ultra-trash like 32o. I'd be hoping the 87o has some fold equity here. 8)

This might also depend somewhat on my opinion of the BB, though the BB would probably have to be a pretty loose defender to swing the decision.

A raise of 645 more into the 200 blind is not big, but it's not chump change either. It's just about a standard pot-sized raise. Calling from the BB here with a mediocre hand is far from automatic I think.

ScottyZ

I prefer moving in or folding if it comes around folded to you in the SB. If the BB has a lot of chips, he'd probably call with a variety of hands. There's antes in there, and his own big blind, and it's heads-up, and he's going to get to see all 5 cards on the board. As you say, it's far from automatic, and it largely depends on what type of player the BB is and maybe even more importantly how many chips he has. I'd say an average stack would be less inclined to call this bet than would a shortstack or a big stack.

As for limping in LP or from the SB with weak hands when you're shortstacked, I gave it a bit more thought, and I think it's a good play, but it's one you don't want to make too many times. Do that 3 times, miss three flops, and half your chips are gone by the time you--undoubtedly!--get pocket aces and move in. As you know, the fewer chips you have, the more valuable they are.

Regards,
    all_aces
  • As for limping in LP or from the SB with weak hands when you're shortstacked, I gave it a bit more thought, and I think it's a good play, but it's one you don't want to make too many times. Do that 3 times, miss three flops, and half your chips are gone by the time you--undoubtedly!--get pocket aces and move in. As you know, the fewer chips you have, the more valuable they are.

Yes, I'd definitely agree that you do have to exercise quite a bit of moderation when doing this. You also want to be doing this with hands with at least *some* potential, whether it is high card strength (K4o), or drawing power (65s). Although, even a hand like K4o seems like a pretty weak choice for this kind of play.

With the 87o specifically, I don't mind limping in on the SB, since it's only half a bet (and this makes a big difference on a short stack). But I probably would *not* limp in with 87o after a couple of of limpers in late position for a full bet; although it's pretty close. I'd probably go for it (limp, not raise) with a little better, like T9o.

Also, that's an excellent point about noticing the BB's stack size in the (made up) example where it was folded to the SB.

ScottyZ
  • Ooppss, the hand when I had 33, the flop was 2TT. I was just trying to take it down quickly.
  • Thanks for your input. Yeah, I figured limping in from SB for 100 to a 725 pot already was worth it with 87o. If I hit any card (favourable flop), I could go all in and possible quadruple up my starting stack.

I may try playing again tonight and will try to make a better post by putting Stack Sizes, agressiveness, etc.

Also, how do you track agressiveness, I am usually just tracking hands they play, but no showdow so it is hard to tell.
  • I may try playing again tonight and will try to make a better post by putting Stack Sizes, agressiveness, etc.

Lol, I'm not sure I'll have another 'serious analysis' post in me for a while, but feel free to post the hands and I'll touch on one or two, and maybe some others can have a crack at it, as well!

Regards,
    all_aces
  • Tilter wrote:
    I may try playing again tonight and will try to make a better post by putting Stack Sizes, agressiveness, etc.

The ~fun~ PokerForum tourney may be a perfect place to play tonight! 8)
  • The FUN pokerforum tourney? how much does it cost?
    Edit: the $10+1 buy in is too steep for me ATM, my SNG skills and short handed tables are yet to be up to par. I'll play with you guys in the pokerforumchallenge freeroll, I can afford that for sure :)
  • all_aces wrote:
    Lol, I'm not sure I'll have another 'serious analysis' post in me for a while, but feel free to post the hands and I'll touch on one or two, and maybe some others can have a crack at it, as well!

Regards,
    all_aces
    HAHA, thats cool. I don't expect you to read all my posts :) Just to get some reactions from other players.
  • Nice. I think you'll find that... not unlike a viral infection... the advice you're being given will slowly creep into your consciousness and change your game, little by little. As I said before, be careful about not taking anyone's advice too seriously, including mine. If something sounds wrong to you, or if someone--like me--is pushing a style of game onto you that you really don't think will be profitable, leave it behind to an extent, but retain it as a way to think about how your opponents may be thinking about the game.

Too bad you can't make the pokerforum tournaments! I'll leave this to SirBry, but maybe we could have a pokerforum freeroll sometime... I'm not sure that Stars runs free private tournaments though, as they'd get no cut.

Regards,
    all_aces
  • I wish I could setup freeroll tourneys, but I'm thinking we're lucky to have PokerStars support our forum for a measly 1$ per head fee for our 10+1$ tourneys.

Anyone who gets a chance should fire an email to PokerStars to thank them for this benefit.

-SirBry.
  • Nice. I think you'll find that... not unlike a viral infection... the advice you're being given will slowly creep into your consciousness and change your game, little by little.

Ewwww... :oops:

So what's reading "Theory of Poker" cover to cover? A massive bout of malaria?

ScottyZ
  • So what's reading "Theory of Poker" cover to cover? A massive bout of malaria?

More like the Bubonic Plague... :wink:

Regards,
    all_aces