(@*#$&%#@)(*$& Sorry had to vent, Stars PLO8 + Rebuy

I know this guy from sngs, he's generally an awful player, huge CS...so it hurts so much more losing on this to a 2 outer on the river.

I finish 23/113, I didn't care about passing the bubble I wanted at least a few chips to play with after being card dead for an hour and a half. I have 3 pair and the nut flush draw on the turn....wahwahwahhhhhhhh :'(

PokerStars Game #3730195567: Tournament #18469522, Omaha Hi/Lo Pot Limit - Level XI (600/1200) - 2006/01/23 - 11:52:50 (ET)
Table '18469522 5' Seat #7 is the button
Seat 1: Svarteputt (19619 in chips)
Seat 2: allyourbase (10994 in chips)
Seat 3: sville (15998 in chips)
Seat 4: GRASCARP (22670 in chips)
Seat 6: bakedzito (9469 in chips)
Seat 7: Ruberman (7728 in chips)
Seat 8: talllady (34369 in chips)
Seat 9: relaxe (20350 in chips)
talllady: posts small blind 600
relaxe: posts big blind 1200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Ruberman [Ah 4c Td 8h]
Svarteputt: folds
allyourbase: folds
sville: folds
GRASCARP: folds
sville is sitting out
bakedzito: folds
Ruberman: raises 3000 to 4200
talllady: calls 3600
relaxe: calls 3000
*** FLOP *** [3s 4h As]
talllady: checks
relaxe: checks
Ruberman: bets 3528 and is all-in
talllady: folds
relaxe: calls 3528
*** TURN *** [3s 4h As] [Th]
*** RIVER *** [3s 4h As Th] [3c]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
relaxe: shows [3h Ad 6h Qd] (HI: a full house, Threes full of Aces)
Ruberman: shows [Ah 4c Td 8h] (HI: two pair, Aces and Tens)
relaxe collected 19656 from pot
No low hand qualified
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 19656 | Rake 0
Board [3s 4h As Th 3c]
Seat 1: Svarteputt folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: allyourbase folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: sville folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: GRASCARP folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: bakedzito folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 7: Ruberman (button) showed [Ah 4c Td 8h] and lost with HI: two pair, Aces and Tens
Seat 8: talllady (small blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 9: relaxe (big blind) showed [3h Ad 6h Qd] and won (19656) with HI: a full house, Threes full of Aces

Comments

• yeah I hate it when I get beat by better hands.
  • ?  

He had a better hand than you.  Preflop, and on the flop when the rest of the money went in.

PS: There are no real bad beats in O8.
  • Depends how you look at it.

I'm roughly 6:4 on the flop for hi, he has a slight edge in equity at that point. He has a better hand preflop, but didn't reraise so that's not my problem.

I'm not saying this is a bad beat, just frustrating to lose to a scoop especially after the turn hits when I'm a huge favourite, 5:1 to scoop and 9:1 on hi.

Yes, there are bad beats in Omaha, you obviously don't play the game much then...you can lose to perfect, perfect just like in holdem/stud/razz, etc....
  • You pushed your money in preflop with A48To which is trash against any hand that calls you. Sure, when you look backwards, the flop is nice for you, you've actually got no low with a raggy two pair and a 3 low board. Even better, you are pot committed.

Either raise smaller preflop for the steal or fold.
    I'm roughly 6:4 on the flop for hi, he has a slight edge in equity at that point. He has a better hand preflop, but didn't reraise so that's not my problem.

haha, thats shortsighted. You put half your stack in preflop, thats the only decision point you've got in the hand.
    Yes, there are bad beats in Omaha, you obviously don't play the game much then...you can lose to perfect, perfect just like in holdem/stud/razz, etc....

Where did I put my rolling eyes smiley... I know its around here somewhere.. Or maybe it just needs a break considering how often it gets used around here.
  • Misread the flop... Not saying you could have done anything else on this hand.

but...  your "perfect, perfect" is going to happen more often in O8, simply because there are more hole cards to match the "perfect" with, so I stand behind my bad beat comment.  I've played the game enough to know that you can go all in blind 10 hands in a row and catch enough of a piece of it to stay alive.

Yes, please tell me more about the razz bad beats.  I'm bored at work today.
  • The reason I pushed preflop is that I know this guy and he is going to call with any ace, any pair, any 2 wheel cards, etc...yes, he picked-up a better hand than me, but that was definately the right move in the situation. You seem to forget that poker is more than just cards, I've played with this guy numerous times in PLO8 sngs and know his tendencies. I don't want to miniraise here because I'm trying to push past the larger stack to get to him.

I admit after that point I'm looking at the hand backwards, I've just had a bad run at O8 MTTs lately and was frustrated.
  • GTA Poker wrote:
    The reason I pushed preflop is that I know this guy and he is going to call with any ace, any pair, any 2 wheel cards, etc...yes, he picked-up a better hand than me, but that was definately the right move in the situation.

Run the hands in twodimes or something. Are you even ahead of his range? A48T is coin flippingor worse against almost the entire universe of hands you put your opponent on.

You violated the cardinal rule of PL08. You pushed all-in on hand that is only good one way (a raggy low).
    You seem to forget that poker is more than just cards, I've played with this guy numerous times in PLO8 sngs and know his tendencies. I don't want to miniraise here because I'm trying to push past the larger stack to get to him.

You forget that you can't apply Holdem aggression to an O8 game.
  • BBC Z wrote:
    GTA Poker wrote:
    The reason I pushed preflop is that I know this guy and he is going to call with any ace, any pair, any 2 wheel cards, etc...yes, he picked-up a better hand than me, but that was definately the right move in the situation.

Run the hands in twodimes or something. Are you even ahead of his range? A48T is coin flippingor worse against almost the entire universe of hands you put your opponent on.

You violated the cardinal rule of PL08. You pushed all-in on hand that is only good one way (a raggy low).

You seem to forget that poker is more than just cards, I've played with this guy numerous times in PLO8 sngs and know his tendencies. I don't want to miniraise here because I'm trying to push past the larger stack to get to him.

You forget that you can't apply Holdem aggression to an O8 game.

Yes, i'm ahead of his range.

Yes, you can apply "holdem" aggression to an O8 game in the latter stages..
    The table was playing tight as we were approaching the bubble, hardly any flops were being seen, and this was a situation that I was looking for with my stack and the player that I was looking for it against. I didn't think I'd steal, I thought I'd get the call.

Oh, and the ace was soooted.
  • Yes, i'm ahead of his range.

As long as you realise your edge is no more than 5% my work here is done.