Stars 215 Hand

Okay, here is an interesting hand from the Sunday 215 that just happend. I Know alot of people will say " What the hell were you doing in the hand?", but I will try to explain my reasoning after a few people comment.

I am SamENoles#1, As for the player wildbill, he just moved to the table that hand, so I have no idea how he plays.

PokerStars Game #3722327823: Tournament #17675390, Hold'em No Limit - Level IV (50/100) - 2006/01/22 - 17:18:51 (ET)
Table '17675390 443' Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: DaWhopper (2540 in chips)
Seat 2: killa187 (1970 in chips)
Seat 3: N!LE (2220 in chips)
Seat 4: wildbill5227 (3675 in chips)
Seat 5: dirtyneill (5085 in chips)
Seat 6: SamENoles#1 (3095 in chips)
Seat 7: $portyJ (7520 in chips)
Seat 8: demonseed14 (3425 in chips)
Seat 9: UGotJanked (3850 in chips)
N!LE: posts small blind 50
wildbill5227: posts big blind 100
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to SamENoles#1 [6h 6s]
dirtyneill: folds
SamENoles#1: calls 100
$portyJ: folds
demonseed14: folds
UGotJanked: folds
DaWhopper: folds
killa187: folds
N!LE: folds
wildbill5227: checks
*** FLOP *** [8d 7s 4s]
wildbill5227: checks
SamENoles#1: bets 200
wildbill5227: raises 400 to 600
SamENoles#1: calls 400
*** TURN *** [8d 7s 4s] [As]
wildbill5227: bets 700
SamENoles#1: raises 1695 to 2395 and is all-in
wildbill5227: calls 1695
*** RIVER *** [8d 7s 4s As] [Kc]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
wildbill5227: shows [9c 4d] (a pair of Fours)
SamENoles#1: shows [6h 6s] (a pair of Sixes)
SamENoles#1 collected 6240 from pot
UGotJanked said, "??"
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 6240 | Rake 0
Board [8d 7s 4s As Kc]
Seat 1: DaWhopper folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: killa187 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: N!LE (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: wildbill5227 (big blind) showed [9c 4d] and lost with a pair of Fours
Seat 5: dirtyneill folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: SamENoles#1 showed [6h 6s] and won (6240) with a pair of Sixes
Seat 7: $portyJ folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: demonseed14 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: UGotJanked folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Comments

• I don't mind limping with the 66. Nothing wrong with that.

Calling the raise was a bit suspect. What made you think he had nothing?

The all in move was a good bluff attempt.

All in all the move ended up great for you and it looks like you knew he was bluffing. Personally I wouldn't have made the move and probably would have folded. But again you must have had some read to know he had crap.
  • Okay, Im still in. 29,120 in chips at the third break.  In the money Woot!

here are my stats

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 233 hands and saw flop:
    - 9 out of 25 times while in big blind (36%)
    - 3 out of 26 times while in small blind (11%)
    - 21 out of 182 times in other positions (11%)
    - a total of 33 out of 233 (14%)
    Pots won at showdown - 7 of 12 (58%)
    Pots won without showdown - 28

The reason for the low showdown % was because early on I was trying to create a really loose image.
    Its worked thus far, although I did get really lucky 10 spots OOTM, when My JJ beat KK Preflop :P
  • 24th of 46 remaining... very nice. I am watching, best of luck.
  • Good showing, curious what you layed down the hand prior to the allin?
  • Out 39th... tough one.  With your stack and that hand though (As9s) I make the same play if that means anything to you.

I'm curious what you raised with and had to fold the hand before... if you don't want to share, that's cool.  Whatever it was, it was probably a good fold.  From what little I saw, the guy who re-raised you was playing premium hands only.

LOL ScoobyD, just read your post. I guess I'm not the only one wondering...
  • Hehe, ya aces, he was doing fine till you showed up! :) That 2nd to last hand had me wondering, tough laydown with half the chips already in. Probably one of those spots where if you call, you hope you're racing...
  • Not half the chips... I believe he raised to 60K from his 180K stack. So he still had 120K left (or so) playing 10K/20K blinds.

As for him doing fine until I showed up, well, I have that effect on people. I jinx them. If you're ever in a tournament and I show up to cheer you on, do yourself a favour and ask me to leave.
  • Not half the chips... I believe he raised to 60K from his 180K stack. So he still had 120K left (or so) playing 10K/20K blinds.

You're right of course. Maybe that's why I suck at multies... 1/3 of his stack is roughly half his stack right? :) Pot was laying him better than 2:1 which is why I thought the fold would be tough, but I guess it really depends on what he's holding...
  • If this post gets put in twice sorry. ( I already postd but for some reason it didnt stay up)

Ok, First off, thanks for the support.

The hand before I went broke I had KQ suited. I'm not sure if it was a good fold or not, but here is my thinking. With his stack, Over 300K, I was thinking he would not risk his tournament, seeing as there were 3 stacks to his left yet to act that could essentially bust him, with a hands other than, AA KK QQ AK or maybe AQ or JJ.  Anyways, my image ( I thought) was very tight. So, with these factors I felt folding was my best option.

Anyways, tommorow I'll post the exact hand so we can disect it, and maybe a few others.

Thanks again.