I am an Omaha Hi-lo Donk!

So I am playing Omaha Hi-Lo on party - Just the $25PL.

So I double up earlier in the evening and begin to like the game.

I sign on later.

And lose my $25 in one hand.

I have the Wheel. And am expecting to get paid off. However, Instead of giving me the wheel - it says I have a pair of twos??

I dont understand - I did have a 2 in my hand and there was one on the board. But I also had an A and a 4. The 3 and 5 were on the board.

So I was using two cards from my hand and 3 from the board to make my low. But it gave me the pair instead - which obviously lost as the high and said there was no qualifying low hand.

I claim to be a donk in omaha hi-lo - But i am missing something here - when your cards pair the board do you lose the low???

Thanks

Comments

• as you described it you had the nut low, you should post the hand hx
  • 2 cards in your hand, 3 on the board.  There would have to be 3 cards 8 or lower on the board to qualify for low.

Post the hand history.
  • Oh God I please hope Tom is playing Stud for the Royal Cup....
  • Post the hand history.

If it was true that you held an A and a 4 in your hole cards, and a 2, 3, and 5 were on board, then you do have the nuts for low and (at least) a 5-high straight for high.

For example, it could have been that your hole cards were something like A245, and the board was something like 3J2KQ. (e.g., no 5 was on board)

ScottyZ