WSOP Satellites?

One of my long term goal is to play at a WSOP.

What sites are the best for qualifying tournaments?

Any advice for a Low-Limit Player trying to qualify?

JohnnieH

note to mods: if this thread needs to be moved, please do so.

Comments

• I think PokerStars is still the place to go with their various buy-ins (or FPP) for satellites.
  • westside8 wrote:
    I think PokerStars is still the place to go with their various buy-ins (or FPP) for satellites.

Since I'm "stars-less", could you give me a taste? Yes, I'm too lazy too look.
  • Typically they run $650 MTT freezeout satellites, $160 Double Shootout Satellitess, $33 rebuy satellites, and 10K FPP satellites. There are all kinds of satellites into these satellites from $2 turbo rebuys, $3 normal rebuys, and various others at higher buy-ins, some turbo rebuys, some freezouts, and some normal rebuys. You can unrggister from any satellite you win into and get the buy-in amount in "W$", which can be used to buy into any ot the WSOP satellites. These all get going in the spring some time.
  • I played in the few of the $12 Quadriple shootouts last year. I liked the format because each shootout was 6 handed and I believe that you only need to win twice to get paid. It seemed like a format where I had the best chance, though I didn't do too well.

Magithighs won his way in through the $160 double, and they run a number of $3 and $5 sat's into that event, so that's a decent way to go too.

Once again, I think I'll budget my $100 in trying to win entries.
  • I have decided to put aside $200 or so for my satellite entries. I haven't ever tried this route before but I really want to get to the WSOP and I am about $10 000 shy of the entry.

Here's a questioin, would anyone chose NOT to wear the site logo and pay for their room themselves?
  • From what I know, if you satellite through their site, you have to wear their logo during the event, it is not simply refusing their room or what not.
  • Yup. Even if, for example, you don't want to go through the hassle of pre-registering yourself, booking your hotel, etc etc. and you want to outright BUY a Stars WSOP package, you still have to wear their logo while you play. If you go through them in any way, you wear their stuff.
  • Yeah, I just went and read their FAQ. I think this used to be a bit different.

Oh well. That ends that question.