Hero(52 BBs) is the button.
TwistOneUp(13 BBs) posts SB.
PocketCam(43 BBs) posts BB.
Grandpa(10 BBs) posts BB.
MMett (159.5 BBs)

Hero is dealt :10h :kd

MMett folds.
Grandpa checks.
Hero raises to 5.5 BBs. (standard pre-flop raise on this game).
TwistOneUp folds.
PocketCam calls.
Grandpa calls.

Pot is 17 BBs.

Flop comes:
:9d :ad :10c

PocketCam bets 7 BBs.
Grandpa calls All-In for 4.5 BBs.
Hero calls 7 BBs.

Main Pot is 30.5 BBs. Side Pot is 5 BBs.

Turn card is:
:4d

PocketCam bets 10 BBs.
Hero calls 10 BBs. 2nd pair and nut flush draw. Figure 14 outs (10, K or diamond). Assuming up against A-x.

River card is:
:as

PocketCam bets All-In for 20.5 BBs.
Hero...?????

:10h:kd           :9d :ad :10c   :4d   :as
   HERO                                     FLOP                TURN        RIVER

Comments

• Personally I would have ditched this hand after the flop. Yes you have some invested in there, but with the A on the board, any A has you beat. You need runner, runner for the straight, runner runner for the flush, only a T or a K help you here which gives you only 5 outs after the flop. Bye bye hand!
  • I would have folded preflop. You didn't need to steal blinds yet, and K10o is not a great starting hand. Even though you lead out, given the action in front of you post flop, I would have let it go as well. I think you're done, get out while you can. Any Ace or bigger pair is going to beat you.
  • KT is okay in a six-handed game. I don't mind the raise preflop.

On the flop, another player donk-bets. What does he have? Did he hit his ace? Remember you raised preflop, and he just called, so he should be thinking that if you have an ace it's better than his. On the other hand, it's hard to know what some of these guys are thinking when he leads out with something like 94o. Any reads on any of these players? I think if grandpa hadn't called all-in, I'd raise to try to take the pot down here. With grandpa in, we're seeing a showdown no matter what, the semi-bluff is less useful and I'll just fold here.
  • What str82ace said.
  • STR82ACE wrote:
    You didn't need to steal blinds yet...

YET ?!?!

Oh, I get it...you think this is a tourney hand. No! No! No! No! No! If it was a tourney, I would have put 6 Handed No Limit Tournament at the top instead of 6 Handed No Limit Game
  • Iwould fold the flop. One of them pretty much has to have an ace. Also, just because everyone else is raising 5.5xBB I don't see any reason why you should.
  • It would have been more clear to call it either a cash game or ring game.

I would have folded pre-flop. You have a hand which is easily dominated if you get action, and that has little drawing potential. In a game where people are severely overbetting the blinds, you can afford to wait for better hands than KTo to get involved with.

After the actual pre-flop play, I would have folded on the flop. You're not getting the correct impied odds to draw to a non-nut 5-out draw (plus a backdor draw), even assuming your outs are clean.

On the actual turn, you have an easy call. The pot odds alone are sufficient. I don't see what good raising would do here.

On the actual river is, IMO, the only remotely close decision. And, in fact, I don't even think it's all that close. Your opponent would have to have been completely snowing you during the entire hand, and also attempting to do so through an all-in player who cannot fold, for you to have the best hand here. Fold, unless you are against a hyper-aggressive donkey who might be trying to force through some hand like a paired 9. I'd even fold against the donk here.

ScottyZ
  • 13CARDS wrote:
    STR82ACE wrote:
    You didn't need to steal blinds yet...

YET ?!?!

Oh, I get it...you think this is a tourney hand. No! No! No! No! No! If it was a tourney, I would have put 6 Handed No Limit Tournament at the top instead of 6 Handed No Limit Game

My bad, thought it was a tourney hand. Still, everything else I had said holds. I don't think I would have played preflop, and with the action at in post, it would have been an easy fold. Even for me.
  • Real men play RAZZ! :D (sorry Killer, just buggin') Still folding pre-flop, using Str82ace logic once again.(he is far more literate when it come to pokerology than I am, hence the: "what he said")
  • Am I the only one who thinks that folding KT preflop in a 6max game is a tad tight? (this game is actually 5-handed)
  • Hork42...

I think most of the people that post on here are a
    tad tight
    . I've posted lots of hands here involving K-10 off, A-10 off, and even Q-J off. All of which are not premium hands, however, if played properly, can be quite profitable. And most people reply with the same thing.
    I would fold pre-flop instead of playing marginal cards.
    . I am tired of these responses. Poker is a skill game. Knowing the numbers and playing premium cards is one skill set. Knowing the other players is another. Recognizing profitable situations is another. Being able to represent hands you do not have, yet another.I know when to release a hand. But I also know when it will pay to crack a Top10 hand. I do not sit online for 12 hours at a time nor do I go the B&M's every other day. I don't have the time to grind it out and wait to play only A-A and K-K. I mix up my play and can change gears when neccessary. I'm the guy you play against who cracks your pocket aces..why?...because you wait and wait and wait to get them, then slowplay them, thinking you are a genius and then SPIKE! I river my flush. (Hork42..these comments are not directed to you.)
  • Hork42 wrote:
    Am I the only one who thinks that folding KT preflop in a 6max game is a tad tight?   (this game is actually 5-handed)

No.  Folding on the button would be pretty bad imo.  Especially behind a poster who has checked (ie doesn't like his 2 cards) .  There are 2.5BBs out there, you have a decent hand, you have position, and no one else has shown any interest.  Why would we not want to try to take that money again?  I'd raise with a lot less than KT here depending on the players (almost any 2 cards against you tighties). 
  • Not exactly the point i was trying to make, but close :)
    K-10 off, A-10 off, and even Q-J off. All of which are not premium hands, however, if played properly, can be quite profitable.

They are, however, probably the most difficult hands to play properly. They are so easily dominated and in some players' records, they are the hands that they lose the most with.

I'd fold these hands in a full ring game from EP or MP, but in a five-handed game high card strength is so valuable that you can't be folding these hands preflop in an unraised pot.

13CARDS - next time you post a hand for analysis, it would be very helpful to include any reads that you might have on the other players involved in the hand. This is so important for NL play, especially shorthanded.
  • Always one to admit when I'm wrong...

I was dealt K10s last night in our league game. We had two tables of six going, and it was very early in the game yet, blinds were still at 5/10. Figured after reading this thread yesterday that I'll give it a shot.

With a flop of K 10 8, I bet out. It was quickly raised by my sole opponent, and I called his raised. Another K on the turn to give me the boat. Not sure if I bet out or simply checked to my opponent, but he went all in which I quickly called. His king and eight boat fell to my king full of tens.

So I played K10 profitably on a short handed table, and I managed to hit a very nice flop and the turn made it even nicer. So yes, I will consider playing K10 more often especially on a short handed table. However, if not hitting the flop like I did, I'm sure I would have mucked it if I sensed any kind of strength from my opponent.