ATTENTION ROYAL CUP OMAHA PLAYERS!

Since it has been somewhat successful with the monday night play moneys, let's have the first official....

ROYAL CUP OMAHA PRE-SEASON GAME!

DATE: Monday January 23, 2006
TIME: 8:30 PM EST
PLACE: Pokerroom.com
COST: $5.00+.50 (Real MoneY!)
PLAYERS: Max 30 - Min 5 (I will change this if need be)
PRIZES: "Steep"
CHIPS: 1500 "SLOW"

GAME TYPE: OMAHA HI POT LIMIT

This game will be called "Blerg's" $5+.50 PLOM and located under "Tournaments" --> "Private" --> "Scheduled"

the password (so only you lovely pokerforum people can play) is...

"DrTyore"

It has been created NOW! You can sign up I believe now!!

Comments

• I believe I'll play in this one and donate my money. Want to clarify what "steep" means? Does it mean great prizes so that there are more in the prize pool then buyins?
  • I'm not sure the payout..

It offered "Normal" "Winner Take All" "Flat (more payouts, less$)", and "Steep (which I'm guessing is more losers more money)"

Mark
  • Come on people... so far only myself and "stpboy" shannon are in.. maybe that was a bad idea, everyone's petrified to join such a tough field.

Mark
  • LAST CALL!

We're up to.... 3 people? Well, I'm glad Wolffhound likes us enough to play, but come on people... I know there's like 40 people out there that need to be playing this on the 18th.. why not get some practice and bragging rights?

Mark
  • Apologies Dr., I know I need the practise, but, a) have to work till 8pm, and b) no account at pokerroom

good luck tho...
  • I'll be playing Mark, just waiting for my Neteller cashout to process.
  • Wes, I can transfer you the money on Pokerroom when I get home, get me back later.
    Throw me your username and I'll put it in there around 5 tonight.
  • I'll donate to the cause but I'd rather not have winner take all, top 3,4,or 5 depending.

cya tonight!
  • This sounds good, I'll need to make a deposit, but I think I can be there.

Cheers
  • THe distribution isn't winer takes all, but it's "steep" so it probably requires a few people to be in (i.e. more than 3) before it awards 2nd / 3rd etc.

Mark
  • I'll try to join in if I'm not busy, but I only have $3.84 in my account (from leftover rakeback.) i'll see if i can penny & nickle my way up to $5.50 before 8:30.
  • I'll play if I'm home
  • Great!

I'm hoping to get a decent number of people there! Last I checked, we had 3, but from the sounds of things, we should be up to at least a SNG!! :)

Mark
  • I'm sure those numbers will climb, I'll sign up from home tonight.
  • Allrighty all... I'm off to vote and then to play some Omaha baby.. I'll see you'se at 8:30

Mark
  • If you bust out early guys and want to railbird.
    Pokerstars.. on break  8 of 74..  I will show you guys how to bleed your chips away.

Folded-AA on PS

$20 180 man sit n go.

Good luck Royal Cup players
  • Come on guys, last call! We have 7 so far, lets fill the table!
  • Better be quick.. less than 1 minute... and it's only gonna pay out the #1 guy!!

Mark
  • I can't seem to connect to the table

This is dumb. I can connect to other tables, just not the one for the tournament I'm registered in. :rage:
  • 4 of 49... Any advice...

Be nice to place in top 5 for once!!!
  • I get in just long enough to place a bet and then it timesout.

Enjoy the $5 fellers.
  • Hork42 wrote:
    I get in just long enough to place a bet and then it timesout.

Enjoy the $5 fellers.

Hear, hear.

Might have done better if my connection didn't drop every third hand.
  • Sucked that it went that way Hork, I know BigE and morty had similiar problems.
    Shitty that it happened that way could and should have been fun.

Thanks Mark for setting it up.  I feel dirty winning the disconnected money...
  • Congrats to Wolffhound!!

It was a tough heads up battle, with a lot of back and forth, and then a few devastating hands leads to my elimination. Who the hell setup this thing with only top pay?

Brutal... :)

Mark
  • My comeback from 19 chips came short, but it was a stupid bone-headed play that caused me to have such a short stacked. But it was fun going from 19 chips (blinds at 100/200?) to 1000 before losing to a rivered straight.

Thanks for setting this up Mark.
  • I feel a little better now.

After resisting putting my fist through the screen of my computer, I joined a ring PL OH .25/.25 game and made my buy-in back in about 5 min.

This game has it's appeals.