A day of sit and go's.

Here are my last 5 emails from PokerStars. Am I bragging? Oh there can be no doubt about it!!! :wink:

PokerStars Tournament #1817431, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $100.00/$9.00
9 players
Total Prize Pool: $900.00
Tournament started - 2004/06/12 - 03:13:22 (ET)

Dear all aces,

You finished the tournament in 1st place.
A $450.00 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

Congratulations!
Thank you for participating.

PokerStars Tournament #1819205, No Limit Hold'em
9 players
Tournament started - 2004/06/12 - 13:24:56 (ET)

Dear all aces,

Congratulations!

PokerStars Tournament #1820143, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $105.00/$9.00
9 players
Total Prize Pool: $945.00
Tournament started - 2004/06/12 - 14:58:17 (ET)

Dear all aces,

You finished the tournament in 3rd place.
A $189.00 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

Congratulations!

PokerStars Tournament #1820719, No Limit Hold'em
9 players
Tournament started - 2004/06/12 - 16:48:41 (ET)

Dear all aces,

Congratulations!

PokerStars Tournament #1821329, No Limit Hold'em
Buy-In: $200.00/$15.00
9 players
Total Prize Pool: $1800.00
Tournament started - 2004/06/12 - 18:32:16 (ET)

Dear all aces,

A $900.00 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

Congratulations!

Regards,
all_aces

Comments

• Hey Aces, i was in the money twice today (2/3 ain't bad). I'm playing at table # 1822054. I don't play at the stakes you're playing but i'll join you for a game of sng if you're interested

R3d
  • Very nice. I do pretty well myself at SNG's (85% always top 3). But sadly its only play money.
  • I just had to....

PokerStars Tournament #1822054, Limit Omaha Hi/Lo
    Buy-In: $5.00/$0.50
    9 players
    Total Prize Pool: $45.00
    Tournament started - 2004/06/12 - 19:43:43 (ET)

Dear R3d-3y3s,

A $22.50 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

Congratulations!
  • Nicely done!
  • all aces, wow, you really deserve that title under your name.

Are you going to be playing in the Rama tourney, if you are, i'll save myself the $120.
  • Also, can you give any tips.
    Tips for SNGs and for Tourneys (ie PS, like 400+ people tourneys, early, middle and late stages)
  • all aces, wow, you really deserve that title under your name.

Lol, thanks! Although I have to say that I was disappointed when I found out that all 'Poker God' really means is 'I Spend Too Much Time on the Computer'....
    Are you going to be playing in the Rama tourney

:wink: No, I don't believe I will.
    Also, can you give any tips.
    Tips for SNGs and for Tourneys (ie PS, like 400+ people tourneys, early, middle and late stages)

It's pretty tough to give general tips, but there are two things I've been doing a lot lately (in the last 6 months or so) in NL tourneys and sit-and-go's that I hadn't been doing enough of before:

1) Try to avoid the coin-flip if you don't need to double up. For example, you have 99-JJ in LP and someone raises before you. The raise is enough to make any junk hand fold. Instead of re-raising, or re-raising all-in, I've been playing these hands a lot slower. This is due to the fact that I've been losing all-in pots to hands like AK that I would have won if the player holding AK had been able to see the flop and had had the option to fold. By just calling, if the flop comes AKx it's usually an easy fold. If it looks better for me I play the hell out of it. Basically, I try to avoid pushing all-in preflop unless I have a really big hand or it's necessary for me to double-up ASAP.

2) Trust your instincts. I think it was last night I was in a NL multi, I had KK UTG. I quadrupled the BB, and only the BB called. We were about equal in chips. The flop was A 8 9 with no flush draw. He checked, I bet the pot, and then he check-raised all-in. I thought to myself: what does he think I have? It looks like I have a pocket pair less than aces, so that's what he probably thinks I have, so he thinks it would be easy to move me off any hand without an ace by check-raising all-in. A good plan, but I called. He had TJ for an open-ended str8 draw that didn't get there.

Then I had to endure about 3 minutes of 'How can you call?' from him. I explained my thinking to him pretty much the way I just did in the above paragraph. He said 'and you were willing to put your whole tournament on the line based on that deduction???'. I just said 'yes'.

Hope that helped... as you know, it's tough to offer 'general' advice about NL hold'em. But those are two things I've noticed about my play recently, and my results have improved.

Regards,
    all_aces
  • Then I had to endure about 3 minutes of 'How can you call?' from him. I explained my thinking to him pretty much the way I just did in the above paragraph. He said 'and you were willing to put your whole tournament on the line based on that deduction???'. I just said 'yes'.

Well done. It's a bluffer's worst nightmare when they get outplayed by their "target", and they'll bitch and bitch before they even come close to examining whether or not they played it well themselves.

*ahem* Annie Duke *ahem*

ScottyZ
  • *ahem* Annie Duke *ahem*

ROFL
  • Thanks for the insight. I'll come asking you some questions again. but Dam $100+9 SNG, thats like 1/9 of my bankroll. How much if you bankroll if you don't mind me asking? like 60k+ now after that pokerstars win?
  • How much if you bankroll if you don't mind me asking? like 60k+ now after that pokerstars win?

I forget. :wink:

Regards,
    all_aces

ps: :twisted: EVIL
  • OK All Aces ...........I just Have to post my e-Mail as well. This is from the Multi I was chating with you in yesterday , first time to the final table on one of these for me :lol:

PokerStars Tournament #1773346, No Limit Hold'em
    Buy-In: $10.00/$1.00
    379 players
    Total Prize Pool: $13870.00
    Tournament started - 2004/06/12 - 16:30:00 (ET)

Dear Timesmog,

You finished the tournament in 5th place.
    A $832.20 award has been credited to your Real Money account.
  • Oh yeah?! Well I guess I will post mine also..
    I didn't do as well as you guys though..

PokerStars Tournament #1827781, No Limit Hold'em
    9 players
    Tournament started - 2004/06/13 - 12:21:43 (ET)

Dear esool,

You finished the tournament in last place...AGAIN.
    You suck ass and should give up poker forever. Hopefully you drive a truck for a living because you ain't making it here!

A kick in the ass has been credited to your Real Money account.

Get a job you bum!
  • LMAO :):):)

Esool, can you give us some hints on your game? I'm always looking for ways to introduce some consistency into my own overall game.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, how much is in your poker bankroll now? $0?

ScottyZ

eViL :evil: :evil: :evil:
  • ScottyZ wrote:
    LMAO :):):)

Esool, can you give us some hints on your game? I'm always looking for ways to introduce some consistency into my own overall game.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, how much is in your poker bankroll now? $0?

ScottyZ

-I like to raise and re-raise with anything! :P I won playing like this once and now I can't stop.
    -What's a bank roll? :?

I'm hardcore yo! 8)
  • Dear Timesmog,

You finished the tournament in 5th place.
    A $832.20 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

Very nice Timesmog, wtg! I enjoyed chatting with you during that tournament, so in a way I hope I see you again, and in a way I don't. :wink: Nice result, those 10+1 rebuy tournaments start with a lot of players.

Regards,
    all_aces

ps: esool... you're killin' me lol :lol:
  • all_aces wrote:
    *ahem* Annie Duke *ahem*

ROFL

LMAO :mrgreen:

EVIL :twisted: very EVIL :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
  • all_aces wrote:
    Here are my last 5 emails from PokerStars.

You finished the tournament in 3rd place.
    A $189.00 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

A $900.00 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

Congratulations!

Regards,
    all_aces

WTG all_aces :D

very nice :D
  • Way to go, man.
  • Thanks guys!

Sorry about the bragging, but you know, sometimes it just has to be done.... :wink:

Regards,
    all_aces
  • Very nice Timesmog, wtg! I enjoyed chatting with you during that tournament, so in a way I hope I see you again, and in a way I don't. Nice result, those 10+1 rebuy tournaments start with a lot of players.

Thanks All Aces .............was fun to chat with you as well ...and you did bring me luck. ....first final table :lol:
    I enjoy playing those little tournys ..good thing...as playing for 4 hrs & then getting kocked out on the bubble sucks :x
  • esool:
    PokerStars Tournament #1827781, No Limit Hold'em
    9 players
    Tournament started - 2004/06/13 - 12:21:43 (ET)

Dear esool,

You finished the tournament in last place...AGAIN.
    You suck ass and should give up poker forever. Hopefully you drive a truck for a living because you ain't making it here!

A kick in the ass has been credited to your Real Money account.

Get a job you bum!

It took me a while to appreciate how truly funny this is... nicely done. I believe these are the types of emails that Full Tilt Poker plans to send out to player after player who is beaten by Lederer, Ivey, and the like... :wink:

Regards,
    all_aces
  • esool, you are one of the funniest f'ers I've read....where have you been!

Hope you can make it to the tourney in 15 mins!

-SirBry.
  • Shiet, lol, that is hilarious esool. Took me 4 days to find it and read it lol!
  • I crack myself up too! :D 8)
  • Good job A_A's. Nice results. Starting to wonder if I should kick up my buyins. Was going to auction my 4 million in play chips on ebay for a stake at PartyP. Then use the cash to enter higher dollar buyins to try for a larger stake. It's "found money" you see. lol I saw one ad on ebay for $2 million play chips and it was up to about $180 a few days before the bid even closed. If I can get $250-$350 for my fake stack, I'll blow it all on poker tourneys. lol If I post an ad for them, I'll post the link to it. lol