best way to win a sit and go, just love it when this happens.

GG

Seat 2: Klopper76 (2390 in chips)
Seat 7: sycophant (1645 in chips)
Seat 9: Harthgosh (9465 in chips)
Klopper76: posts the ante 50
sycophant: posts the ante 50
Harthgosh: posts the ante 50
Klopper76: posts small blind 300
sycophant: posts big blind 600
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Harthgosh [Ah 9s]
Harthgosh: raises 8815 to 9415 and is all-in
Klopper76: calls 2040 and is all-in
sycophant: calls 995 and is all-in
*** FLOP *** [5d 8c Ac]
*** TURN *** [5d 8c Ac] [6s]
*** RIVER *** [5d 8c Ac 6s] [3c]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Klopper76: shows [Ks Tc] (high card Ace)
Harthgosh: shows [Ah 9s] (a pair of Aces)
Harthgosh collected 1490 from side pot
sycophant: shows [7h Ad] (a pair of Aces - lower kicker)
Harthgosh collected 4935 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 6425 Main pot 4935. Side pot 1490. | Rake 0
Board [5d 8c Ac 6s 3c]
Seat 2: Klopper76 (small blind) showed [Ks Tc] and lost with high card Ace
Seat 7: sycophant (big blind) showed [7h Ad] and lost with a pair of Aces
Seat 9: Harthgosh (button) showed [Ah 9s] and won (6425) with a pair of Aces

Comments

• Question (from my ignorant newbie weak-tight style):

Did you actually want these calls, or were you just trying to steal the blinds? Were you scared when they both called that you wouldn't win the hand (before seeing their cards did you say to yourself "oops!")?
  • before seeing their cards did you say to yourself "oops!"
    Why, A9 is pure gold! Nice play harthgosh. I'm glad to see everyone is starting to appreciate the true value of this hand, lol :D
  • he's got them stacked 4 x almost. A 9 is a great hand here and I'd be playing the same way. Great going harthgosh, I need a few more of them myself like that. Even if he loses he's down to 7k in chips while one of them is out (most likely) and will have to play some poker against a slightly shorter stack. 3 handed don't be afraid to get your chips in there.

Beanie: Only you think it's a monster I'll take my K 2 suited anyday..... :D :fish:
  • AcidJoe wrote:
    Beanie: Only you think it's a monster I'll take my K 2 suited anyday..... :D :fish:

I thought you like your 27o Joe, playing them in a cash game and hitting two pair :rage:

Nice way to end a SnG, sometimes I wish more of mine would end like that, rather than playing headsup for a whole blind level.
  • Not to mention that blinds are 300-600 and it seems like a position raise.
  • am i the only one who doesn't like sycophants call?

yes, hg was probably bullying, but klopper called so why not fold and let him risk going out third? hg could have a low pair, any ace, any two paint, or even rags. klopper has to have something semi-decent, if not a premium hand. i'd want to see at least aj to make this call.

i'm aware it's important to play for first, but i still don't like his call eventhough we assume klopper knows hg is bullying and will loosen up. maybe i'm too tight?

ps: hg's play was perfect (automatic) with the blinds 300/600 and his opponents stack sizes.
  • I guess I didn't properly compare the blinds to the chip stacks, I can see now how this is a great move (probably why I wouldn't even think of making it :'( ). Maybe I am still steaming from my last tourney exit where I got too crazy on the button.
  • Ya also it was a turbo sng so u gotta go at that point. i was happy for the calls, i try to bust them out with any 2 at that point. A9 is a monster
  • harthgosh wrote:
    A9 is a monster

Beanie bait ... over/under on how long it will take him to comment? I enjoyed the discussion on this thread. Nice win harthgosh.
  • Beanie bait ... over/under on how long it will take him to comment?
    Before anyone can comment on how long it will take for me to comment. Besides, I noticed and posted earlier :)