Hello All!

First I would like to say HI as a newbie to this message board!

Secondly,

WOW!

I am quite impressed with the amount of content in this Forum!

I've been playing Hold'em for about a year and a half now but and I am disappointed that I did not learn about this beautiful game sooner!

I am a decent social chess player (1400), and I have come to the conclusion that Poker is equally if not harder to play or "master".

I hope to learn much from all of you

Cheers

Don Carlito

Comments

• Hi Don :D

Welcome to pokerForum.ca :mrgreen:

cheers,
    CO :D
  • Welcome, Don.

What does the "1400" mean after you said you're a chess player? Is it like a ranking or something? I used to love playing chess but broke away from due to card games like euchre and poker. I should start playing again...
  • Jay wrote:
    Welcome, Don.

What does the "1400" mean after you said you're a chess player? Is it like a ranking or something? I used to love playing chess but broke away from due to card games like euchre and poker. I should start playing again...

Hey Jay,

Yup the 1400 is my FIDE (Federation Internationale des Echecs) ranking level.

It's the recognized world standard for ranking Chess players.

Grandmasters are usually 2100 and above.

If you wish Check out www.worldchessnetwork.com for friendly games
  • Jay wrote:
    Welcome, Don.

Hey Jay,

Yup the 1400 is my FIDE (Federation Internationale des Echecs) ranking level.

It's the recognized world standard for ranking Chess players.

Grandmasters are usually 2100 and above.

If you wish Check out www.worldchessnetwork.com for friendly games

We should have a pokerforum.ca chess tournament. I am pretty bad.

Keith
  • i'm bad at chess too :cry::(:cry:

• Me too! Let's do it! Whoever comes in last wins.

Regards,
    all_aces
  • all_aces wrote:
    Me too! Let's do it! Whoever comes in last wins.

Regards,
    all_aces

If there is interest for it, I'd say lets do it. I am a fan of FICS (free interent chess server) although I haven't played there in a while. Could also play on yahoo games. Actually I think that the best way to do it would be to find out who all is interested, set up the tourney structure, and then let people agree where and when to play, and just report the results to whoever is running the tourney. I'd be willing to do this if no one else wanted to. Maybe I should start a new thread in the "Off Topic" forum?

http://pokerforum.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?t=813

Keith
  • hahahhaha

This is awesome!

Well you know am interested....I also have a couple of buddies who play chess and love poker! I guess its the mental competition rush of both games.
  • I guess its the mental competition rush of both games.

That, and the fact that we're each posting $500 to play in this chess tournament... was that not mentioned yet?

:wink:

Regards,
    all_aces
  • I play at www.gameknot.com. It's a great free chess site that allows for nice relaxing games... Depending on the options set for the individual games one need only move anywhere from 3 days to two weeks.

An excellent site.

Mike