I'm Sure Someone Will Laugh

i found this over at the wptfan site, and i thinks it's damn funny.
i'm stealing it i suppose by posting it here, but i'm not stealing any credit...so hopefully it's cool.

quote:

""One-man" poker table
I'm not sure if it's the dumbest idea in the world, or a stroke of brilliance...but I am finalizing my plans for constructing a one-man internet poker table....

It came to me one day when I was shopping for some eight-man (octagon) tables for my house.

In the home games I play, I've never been much of a fan of the ten seaters. If you're stuck on the end of the table, dealing is a pain. Is for me anyway...I never mastered shooting a card ten feet across the table without the occasional one flipping over. That's why I prefer the eight-man (round) tables.

Anyway, as I looked some over, it occured to me that my cheap particle-board corner computer desk from college (purchased from America's largest retailer) that I had stored away had some of the same characteristics as an eight-seater table. In fact, when you got down to it, it was just 1/4th of an octagon table with a place to put a keyboard and some CD's.

Then I got to thinking...

Hey, I can cover this in felt and install a "pleather" rail with a drink holder pretty cheaply. In fact, since it will be in a corner with a plug-in underneath it - I could even get some of that "tube lighting" we have left over from Christmas and put it under the inside the rail to give the surface a nice little glow.

The idea for the "one-man" internet poker table was born.

Is it cheesy? Absoloutely...it's cheesy in the worst possible way.

But I think it also would be kinda' cool in a quirky sort of way.

I have to dig out what's left of the particleboard monstrosity and put it together...and I will have some materials and such to gather up. Add to that, the fact that Spring is a busy time at work and I don't have a definite timeline...but I will try an post pictures as soon as it gets done.

If nothing else, it will confirm for many just how bad of an idea it truly is.

Either that, or it will just end up being awesome.

-Keelhaul

end quote

great idea!!

Comments

• anon.gif<--- GENIUS
  • That would be pretty cool, especially with an espresso machine beside it for those all-night marathons! Hey, I'd actually make one. Not buy, but just make. But it'd have to have the lights because that makes it so much cooler.
  • After he builds it, he should apply for a patent on it soon too. ;)

I built a custom pivoting computer stand 10 years ago, that I still use daily. It swings right into my recliner chair for maximum surfing comfort. Proper positioning also allows side by side TV and PC viewing as well. :) The fact I never patented it, and then some asshole in Texas did 2 years ago, doesn't really bother me much anymore. twitch blink twitch lol