Online poker rooms

I've been reading through this a lot for some tips/tricks etc....and i'm wondering what you think the best room is?
I'm drawn to Pokerroom.com, for it's java based platform, and fairly good games. But (and here's the rub) i haven't played any other poker rooms due to not being able to find any other java based clients. Every poker room i've looked at is a manditroy D/L, and i'm not a fan of spywear on my cpu. Sooo...any suggestions for me? Is eurobet good? How bout partypoker.....is it java based? if not, does the downloaded software slow your computer to a crawl and make you want to gouge both of your eyes out while waiting to see if your competition is betting or folding?
And what about the play there? is it "all in" first hand because they have 89 sooted? (and if so..sign me up!) or is it pretty good competition?
thnx!

Comments

• I have downloaded several poker rooms and I run two spyware programs and my comuter is clean. I don't think you should worry about that too much. As for Party, they have the softest games (Pacific is really bad too but you can only play one table at a time there which sucks). Playing limit you can always get a table with at least 30% view flop. I've only played ond SNG there and yes it was an all in fest.
  • Eurobet is now a skin of Pokerroom. I'm not sure about the java-based client, but i find the downloaded client to be quite sluggish.

Party is not cumbersome to my computer at all... In fact, you can have 10 tables open at once now, and I find no problems with lagginess.

Competition-wise, Party is known as being one of the softer sites to play at.
  • Pokerroom.com, Hollywoodpoker.com, and Eurobet are all skins of the same network and they all share the same Java based client. paradise is different, I think.

If you're serious about your game, you might want to get pokertracker which afaik does not work with the online clients.

If you're on a mac, there's also a native client for fullcontactpoker in beta. I wouldn't trust my money to it until it's settled a bit.
  • full tilt poker. great bonus, great software, great games.

oh yeah, no spyware either...
  • Pokerroom for me:
    Graphics, no spyware, soft low level games

I like Party as well - as I find the lower level games (as thats what I play) very soft
  • www.fullcontactpoker.com is a using the same java based client as poker room. Same look and everything but the two are not linked apparently. By which I mean you can't play on either with one account, or however that works.