good ol riverstars

i hate my life

PokerStars Game #3600933119: Tournament #17871656, Hold'em No Limit - Match Round II, Level II (30/60) - 2006/01/11 - 04:05:22 (ET)
Table '17871656 2' One on One Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: malibu1646 (3720 in chips)
Seat 2: JuiceMan9998 (2280 in chips)
malibu1646: posts small blind 30
JuiceMan9998: posts big blind 60
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to JuiceMan9998 [7h 6s]
malibu1646: raises 60 to 120
JuiceMan9998: calls 60
*** FLOP *** [6h 7d 2h]
JuiceMan9998: checks
malibu1646: bets 180
JuiceMan9998: raises 180 to 360
malibu1646: raises 3240 to 3600 and is all-in
JuiceMan9998: calls 1800 and is all-in
*** TURN *** [6h 7d 2h] [7c]
*** RIVER *** [6h 7d 2h 7c] [9c]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
JuiceMan9998: shows [7h 6s] (a full house, Sevens full of Sixes)
malibu1646: shows [9d 9h] (a full house, Nines full of Sevens)
JuiceMan9998 said, "omg"
malibu1646 collected 4560 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 4560 | Rake 0
Board [6h 7d 2h 7c 9c]
Seat 1: malibu1646 (button) (small blind) showed [9d 9h] and won (4560) with a full house, Nines full of Sevens
Seat 2: JuiceMan9998 (big blind) showed [7h 6s] and lost with a full house, Sevens full of Sixes

why do the poker gods hate me so? lol i was steamed dwhen that 9 dropped

Comments

• wow, that's never happened to me...if that ever happened to me I'd quit poker, that's just realllllly a bad sign, get out now while the run on sentence is still fresh on the page, I mean it, I think it's time to cash out....

bad luck, next hand
  • I'm not saying it's rigged but why does the one card that can beat you always come on the river?

It's like they have some kind of suspense modifier or something to make you think you are going to win the hand then at the last minute....BLAM!!!!!...Rivered
  • BigChrisEl wrote:
    I'm not saying it's rigged but why does the one card that can beat you always come on the river?

It's like they have some kind of suspense modifier or something to make you think you are going to win the hand then at the last minute....BLAM!!!!!...Rivered

Because saying "I got flopped" sounds like you were out-played by the Easter bunny
  • beanie42 wrote:

Because saying "I got flopped" sounds like you were out-played by the Easter bunny

Hahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahah That's rich..

What if you "got turned"... sounds dirty

Mark
  • BigChrisEl wrote:
    I'm not saying it's rigged but why does the one card that can beat you always come on the river?

Stands out more so it is remembered more. Meanwhile all the mundane hands get forgotten so the unusual ones seem to happen more often when it comes to memory.

Basic selective memory (not always done intentionally).

Not sure what to say about the original post. The opponent did not play that badly. Call me when your AA goes all in after a flop of A83 and you lose to a guy who calls with 66 and hits runner runner 6 6. That's how I finished 21st in a Stars 10+1 rebuy once.

Your bad beat I see a couple times in any given tournament. Get used to it.
  • Once I had the best hand A8o against QTs and the guy hit a Q on the flop and I rivered an 8. He had the bigger pair and I lost. I said, "you suck" and he said, "haha, no you do". Man I was pissed. Stupid jokerstars.
  • GTA Poker wrote:
    wow, that's never happened to me...if that ever happened to me I'd quit poker, that's just realllllly a bad sign, get out now while the run on sentence is still fresh on the page, I mean it, I think it's time to cash out....

bad luck, next hand

Not really sure your sarcasm was entirely needed. I never said the other guy played his hand badly or i was ripped off. as you can see i put how i was laughing it was a completly light hearted post. Im not one of these guys cryin about online is rigged or whatever. Just wonderin why you feel the need to kinda flame my post when yuo could just read the whole thing to see it was just for fun.
  • Not really sure your sarcasm was entirely needed. I never said the other guy played his hand badly or i was ripped off. as you can see i put how i was laughing it was a completly light hearted post. Im not one of these guys cryin about online is rigged or whatever. Just wonderin why you feel the need to kinda flame my post when yuo could just read the whole thing to see it was just for fun.

I'm sure this wasn't meant as an "online poker is rigged" post. IMO, another reason for a "Bad Beat" section, as some people get sick of reading these. Although from the title of the post I think it was pretty evident what type of post it was going to be...
  • I personally love to read bad beat posts, they are some of the most memorable hands I've played. Who doesn't love to lay a bad beat on their nemesis? Hey lamb_of_John?

stp
  • I personally can't stand them, especially when there's no background, etc. It's like someone telling me that he picked a number between 1 and 22 and some guy picked it on the first try...wow, I just became older and perhaps slightly less intelligent while I took the time to listen to your story, thanks.
  • GTA Poker wrote:
    I personally can't stand them, especially when there's no background, etc.  It's like someone telling me that he picked a number between 1 and 22 and some guy picked it on the first try...wow, I just became older and perhaps slightly less intelligent while I took the time to listen to your story, thanks.

Thats funny, I might give you $1 for that one.
  • GTA Poker wrote:
    I personally can't stand them, especially when there's no background, etc.  It's like someone telling me that he picked a number between 1 and 22 and some guy picked it on the first try...wow, I just became older and perhaps slightly less intelligent while I took the time to listen to your story, thanks.

Well there big guy, you clicked. No one made you look did they? if you dont like it dont read it.

I dont like to smoke so you know what i do about this. I dont smoke. give it a try sometime, dont do things you dislike then complain.
  • DrTyore wrote:
    What if you "got turned"... sounds dirty

HAHAHA!

I'm so going to use that.
  • Here's a nice River Stars hand for you guys (FYI This was a 27 man play money game):

PokerStars Game #3622263028: Tournament #17979991, Hold'em No Limit - Level VIII (200/400) - 2006/01/13 - 10:36:36 (ET)
    Table '17979991 2' Seat #6 is the button
    Seat 1: Boriqua Mari (12680 in chips)
    Seat 2: pmax (9612 in chips)
    Seat 3: cutie24 (2257 in chips)
    Seat 5: serial007 (4290 in chips)
    Seat 6: weeds 25 (5606 in chips)
    Seat 7: HDfxstb03 (6055 in chips)
    Boriqua Mari: posts the ante 25
    pmax: posts the ante 25
    cutie24: posts the ante 25
    serial007: posts the ante 25
    weeds 25: posts the ante 25
    HDfxstb03: posts the ante 25
    HDfxstb03: posts small blind 200
    Boriqua Mari: posts big blind 400
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to serial007 [8h 4h]
    pmax: calls 400
    cutie24: raises 1832 to 2232 and is all-in
    serial007: folds
    weeds 25: folds
    HDfxstb03: calls 2032
    Boriqua Mari: folds
    pmax: raises 4568 to 6800
    HDfxstb03: calls 3798 and is all-in
    *** FLOP *** [Qd Jh 7s]
    Boriqua Mari said, "lol"
    pmax said, "WOW"
    *** TURN *** [Qd Jh 7s] [Qh]
    *** RIVER *** [Qd Jh 7s Qh] [Qs]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    HDfxstb03: shows [7h 7c] (a full house, Queens full of Sevens)
    pmax: shows [Ad Ac] (a full house, Queens full of Aces)
    pmax collected 7596 from side pot
    cutie24: shows [Js Jc] (a full house, Queens full of Jacks)
    Boriqua Mari said, "vnhs"
    serial007 said, "ouch"
    pmax collected 7246 from main pot
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 14842 Main pot 7246. Side pot 7596. | Rake 0
    Board [Qd Jh 7s Qh Qs]
    Seat 1: Boriqua Mari (big blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 2: pmax showed [Ad Ac] and won (14842) with a full house, Queens full of Aces
    Seat 3: cutie24 showed [Js Jc] and lost with a full house, Queens full of Jacks
    Seat 5: serial007 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 6: weeds 25 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 7: HDfxstb03 (small blind) showed [7h 7c] and lost with a full house, Queens full of Sevens
  • Online poker is rigged, you should quit.