Emotional Mis-click

I wanted to play the deep-stack on Stars today at 12, but my youngest son was having a birthday party from 10:00-1:30, so I wasn't exactly available. I signed up and gave my son (Mini-TD) the laptop and instructions to call me if there was a playable hand. When I went down to check on him, I asked how it was going. He said fine so I turned to go back to the party. He then called me back and said that when his sister came downstairs, he looked over at her and when he looked back, he briefly saw KK and then it folded, and then he burst into tears. It took a while to calm him down so I could understand what he was saying, but he didn't think it was long enough to time-out, and he was so sorry. I told him he probably just had his finger hovering on the touchpad and accidentally clicked it. He kept apologizing because I'd let him play, and he folded one of the best hands. I tapped into the forum resources with the various brutal mis-clicks posted here (f/h, quads, etc.) and told him even the "big boys" do it - one of the challenges of online. I consoled him that it was still early (2nd level) so we had lots of time to get another big hand - no big deal.

Anyway, this hand didn't cost as much as some of the mis-clicks I've read, but I guarantee nobody has felt worse than he did :) . I'm glad we've got the forum to help with counseling :) .

On an aside, we just entered 3rd break. I was card-dead for the first 2 hours, and entered the 5th level (75/150) with $4000. I caught some good hands and played them pretty well (I think), and managed to bust a few out and climb up to over $30K (27th out of 322 - 1032 started, money at 198).

Is anybody else playing this today?

Comments

• Nice fold, someone would have sucked out on you. I'm watching you now...

stp
  • stpboy wrote:
    I'm watching you now...

Me too.
  • LOL - thx guys. Wasn't actually a railbird call - way too early :) - especially in a tourney this long. Maybe if I can somehow make a final table :)
  • I don't mind watching for a bit on a Saturday afternoon with nothing to do :D It got me on to start playing a bit myself.
  • westside8 wrote:
    It got me on to start playing a bit myself.

Glad to be a positive influence!
  • Hey Trevor. I am watching.

Tough loss with the 77.
  • Tough loss with the 77.
    Thanks Flint. I barely noticed the 7's. After my flop bet, I was done with the hand anyway. So far I've been reading really well somehow, and getting a lot of respect when I bet. They let me see my draws through, but when I'm played back at I know they think they're ahead, so I tread carefully. I was finally able to get them to stop stealing from me so much :)
  • Well, this wasn't meant to be a rail-bird thread (it was about Mini-TD), however, thanks to everyone from the forum who popped by to watch for a bit. Unfortunately, my last hour I was rivered in 3 big pots and dropped down under 10K, from which I never recovered (finished 118). I know a couple of you said you were going to pop back in a few hours to see how I was doing - sorry to disappoint :( .

Now, if I can get to another final table I will actually post a rail-bird thread :)
  • I missed you getting busted. Not a bad finish. Nothing to be ashamed of. Nice work Trevor.
  • At least your son showed more self-control than my 6 year old daughter. I'm in a heads up tournament and I choose to sit out and take a bathroom break. As soon as I come back I notice my daughter's hand on the mouse and AJ in my hand and an Ace high flop. I yell, "get your hands off the mouse," which she does. "What did you do?" I ask.

She says she raised, "it's a good hand". I don't know how much. I then say "rareeser that's well it's the right thing, but the wrong thing -- never mind" and I proceed to lose the hand to A3 two pair. Yikes. Well, at least she raised.

Cheers
    Magi