Party SNG experiment sorta, advice appreciated

Hi,

I have started playin only party sit and gos.  1 tablers, 4 at a time for now untill I buy another moniter, then im gonna go 8.  I want to really get a feel for the sit and go though, so I have decided to undertake a kind of bizzare route to the top.  My plan is to get some new structure in my grind since I lost my ub proppin gig (which was incredible 100% rakeback). Instead of a bit of this a bit of that, I wanna focus on one thing and grind it out for the next year or so.

I have met some players that make a killing only doing this on party, and they are all fairly big time now insofar as what levels they are playin and amounts of money they have made.   I decided to be a weirdo and start small at the the 22$ dollar ones.  My plan is to get some stats on every level up to the 215's and then go back and look at what was the most profitable for me, as well as a bunch of other things.   I just finished my first 100 and this is how it went, 45 cashes out of 100 in this order.  The most i ever lost was 7 in a row, and I feel that tilt and stupidity contirbuted to not cashing in at least 8-10 of them.

9th, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 5th, 3rd, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 10th, 8th, 10th, 9th, 1st, 4th, 1st, 3rd, 8th, 7th, 3rd, 3rd, 1st, 7th, 10th, 7th, 5th, 8th, 5th, 7th, 2nd, 2nd, 10th, 9th, 3rd, 1st, 6th, 5th, 2nd, 9th, 8th, 2nd, 7th, 1st, 4th, 8th, 2nd, 7th, 5th, 3rd, 8th, 1st, 3rd, 1st, 2nd, 7th, 10th, 8th, 1st, 1st, 4th, 6th, 1st, 10th, 5th, 9th, 2nd, 9th, 9th, 5th, 3rd, 2nd, 6th, 2nd, 2nd, 5th, 7th, 5th, 1st, 9th, 9th, 1st, 7th, 5th, 10th, 3rd, 1st, 3rd, 2nd, 7th, 1st, 2nd, 1st, 8th, 4th, 4th, 1st, 6th, 3rd, 2nd, 3rd

I basically averaged 10$'s per one i played.   My questions are does anyone have any suggestions as to how many I have to play at each level to really know how I would do here...?  When do my 'stats' become legit?     I am so sick of 22$ sngs omg its disgusting, but I reaaly just want to try and have some good info to look back on in 6 months or so when all my 'testing' of the various levels is done.  I was personally gonna play 200 of them then go to the 33$'s but I figure maybe I need 1000 under the belt.  This doesnt have much to do with bankroll as I have almost unlimited to work with.  Also anyone know what kind of % is considered A+ for beating sit and gos?   

And anything else anyone has to say on party sngs, Id like to hear it.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the boring list of finishes.
hg

Comments

• How long did that take you? Ie for your $1000 how much time was invested for a per hour take? Do you continuously run 4 sngs - ie start a new one as soon as you are knocked out or win? or do you consider the 4 one round and then start a new round once the first is done?

I think what you are doing is pretty cool.
  • I just keep starting them as I bounce...
    I stop starting them and play whatever out if im gonna take a break. I havent plugged it all into PT yet outta laziness, was gonna do that when I feel done on the level im on, but figure hourly at the 22's im makin at least 40$ an hour so far. I havent been keepin track of hours, that is something I should start to do though.
  • What is your strategy in playing these? Do you bother with player tendancies at all?
  • I'm trying the same with 55 turbos on Stars right now, had a real big slide playing multis and felt like getting back to that grinding mentality would help me a lot, also I would like to pimp the hell outta that new VIP program. The following is blatantly stolen from the 2+2 STT FAQ, on Party:

A summary for a "good player" the following ROis are good, while 4 tabling:

11s - 25% ROI
    20s - 20% ROI
    33s - 16% ROI
    55s - 13% ROI
    109s - 10% ROI
    215s - 7% ROI

Higher ROIs are attainable at every one of these levels, HOWEVER if you can achieve the above ROI's you are capable of making a good living at poker, especially if you can do so playing 8 at once.
    Anyone who can acheive the above ROI's, while playing many tables at once, is a "good" player. They might not be great and may still have plenty of weaknesses, but they are definitely very good at what they do.
    In short, if your ROI is higher than the above numbers, you are doing something right and should be relatively satisfied with your play. You may still have plenty of room to improve but you are definitely on the right track. End piracy.

Do you have a deal with the Party VIP program or whatever they call that new program now? You should be able to get some crappy replacement for rakeback from them but at least it's something. It sounds like you need at least 500 at a given level before your stats mean anything, again stolen from 2+2.
  • Stars SNG's are just as easy imho, my ROI on those is most excellent...mind you I'm not up to that level of buyin, I stick to $5 and $10...I'm sure the level of player increases with the buyin...but then perhaps not?
  • My ROI is around 40% on the $11's on Stars (130-140), but most of those are just single table. I just find NL tourney's to be so situational, that I'm not sure how well I'd do multitabling them. Lately I've been playing the 6-handed 12's on Stars and in general find the competition to be pretty soft... I personally like Stars SNG structures better than Party, but maybe the Party fish makes up for it...
  • Hey Harthgosh,

I'd be interested in knowing how you play so many tables at once (not hardware, but strategy, etc). I play mostly the $38 6 handed sngs on Stars and my ITM for one table at a time is almost 80%, I am just moving to 2 tables at a time and have a very small sample of 4 sessions or 8 games and ITM 6/8. I'm not sure that I could play more than 3 tables at once and not lose an appreciable edge, how do you manage?

My goal is to be comfortable at 2 then 3 and maybe 4, but I think that I'd be losing alot of edge at 4 tables.

Any info appreciated.
  • I once played a party SNG as an experiment i didnt play one hand - I finished 3rd.
  • I once played a party SNG as an experiment i didnt play one hand - I finished 3rd.

Haha, I tried this once on Stars with the exception that I would push AA or KK pf and fold everything else. It was pretty comical when I pushed my AA in the BB vs. a button steal and got called by QQ. I then abandoned the strategy when I knew the blinds would eat me and went on auto push when my stack dipped into the red zone (like 1k with blinds of 100-200). I must have stole the blinds 6 hands consecutively since I was getting a ridiculous amount of respect for my prior squeaky tight play. In the end I think I bubbled though. :(
  • Harthgosh,  I would get sng tracker I use it to track my sng's and it will import from poker tracker, gives ya nice neat graphs, gives you $/tourney and $/hr etc.  worth the look. 

edit: here's the link http://sng.pokercomment.com
  • harthgosh wrote:
    1 tablers, 4 at a time for now untill I buy another moniter, then im gonna go 8.

That is some sick chit man. :-P
  • hey Joe (watcha doin with that gun in your hand...),

does that sng tracker work as a standalone as well or do you need pokertracker to use it
  • I use it as a stand alone product mostly since poker room sng's aren't PT compatible. They few I play at paradise go into poker tracker first then I import into sng tracker.
  • hey thanks for the responses guys! I will def check out the sng thing. As far as my strats go, its pretty basic good poker i guess. I take a lot of shots early, so i dont get stuck all in for 900, but rather 1600. I also try and knock out the little guys with any two. I do alot of stealing, against guys i know i can steal from. I dont wanna give away too much :-)

For you guys that thnk 4 tables is alot, I know several guys that play up to 16 party sngs at once. Now thats getting a little crazy. I will post my reults after my next 100, I have decided to play 500 after all.
  • SirWatts or anyone who knows the answer: the ROI's you posted in this thread about the SnGs, are those numbers good only for single tables? I normally play 27 and 45 person sngs.
  • I think you could expect better ROIs in those but I'm not sure. The numbers i gave are for single tables.