Another Vegas trip planned for Feb 19th - 23rd...

Hey guys, 4 of us from Milton are planning a trip to Vegas in Feb... Actually Larry L is already there for a conference but the other 3 of us are heading down as well. Anyone from the forum like to go at the same time? We could take Vegas by storm and maybe break the bank.... Jeff..

Comments

• Wish I could make it! I think my wife may become conerned that I'm making a business trip to Vegas every month. Great idea though -- a Vegas visit for the forum. That would be cool.

Cheers
    Magi
  • Milton Training Camp at Las Vegas - sounds tempting! :-) Did you guys find a great deal for the trip?
  • Crazy question - shouldn't the training camp be BEFORE the event ???
  • pkrfce9 wrote:
    Crazy question - shouldn't the training camp be BEFORE the event ???
    Naw, actually the event is training camp for Vegas.... lol... Seriously though, 4 of us are going to Vegas and if any others are interested I will let you know details when I find best flights, hotel, etc.... figure 3-400 CDN for flights and 25-30 per night per person for hotel... All this should be offset by poker winnings... We're all winning poker players aren't we? :)
  • Camp should be before the event, Larry, change the convention !!!!
    Pre tourney get together should be scheduled shortly
  • Please post info about your stay and costs, I am heading to Vegas at the end of March.

Thanks,

Tim
  • Hey Jeff,
    In the Travel section of the Toronto Star today there was a blurb about Air Canada Vactions having some deal for Jan and Feb.

You probally already have plans, but I thought I'd let you know.

Have fun boys, we'll miss ya!

JohnnieH
  • Thanks JohnnieH, will check it out. Don't worry we're not going until after the Ryder..... We plan to parade the trophy around Vegas.. Imagine the stories it will be able to tell...
  • "3-400 CDN for flights" - try flying out of Buffalo. Its a bit of a drive from Milton however you should be able to fly for ~$200 a head or less. The difference is all taxes. Two of us flew to Vegas in December for 5 days (4 nights) Monday to Friday, stayed in the lovely Circus Circus Manor Rooms, for $470 canadian taxes in ($235 each).
  • Bulldogge wrote:
    "3-400 CDN for flights" - try flying out of Buffalo. Its a bit of a drive from Milton however you should be able to fly for ~$200 a head or less. The difference is all taxes. Two of us flew to Vegas in December for 5 days (4 nights) Monday to Friday, stayed in the lovely Circus Circus Manor Rooms, for $470 canadian taxes in ($235 each).
    Really, I've flown out of Buffalo before but usually only slightly cheaper, ie $50. per and they aren't direct flights... Do you have any details as to airline? it does appear that out of Detroit is somewhat cheaper, although once you factor in taxes and driving it's debatable whether it's worth it. Out of Toronto it appears to be about $410. direct, all taxes in on WestJet.
  • In my opinion there are a couple of advantages to Buffalo (I live in Oakville and have flown out of both TO and Buffalo to Vegas).
    1) Border crossing is a breeze
    2) Parking is cheap ($10 a day american)
    3) The airport is small (easy to get around) and close to the parking lot.

I agree however that unless you are saving some substantial bucks the drive isn't worth it. Check out the Americawest flights listed below for a good deal out of TO.

I checked for Feb 19th/20th departures

http://www.orbitz.com
    Orbitz - $237 + $49 taxes & fees = $286  per person (leaving Sunday out of Buffalo - 2 hopper) American $
              - $189 + $48 taxes & fees = $237  per person   (leaving Monday out of Buffalo - 1 hopper) American $

http://www.americawest.com
    AmericaWest - $296.15 (all-in) - (leaving Sunday out of Toronto) American $
                       - same price is available Friday - this is a non-stop that leaves TO at 9 pm so if you have to work on Friday this is a great flight to catch

http://www.expedia.ca
    Expedia -  $333.35  person (all-in) - (leaving Sunday out of Buffalo - 1 hopper) Canadian $
                  $225.77   person (all-in) - (leaving Monday out of Buffalo - 1 hopper) Canadian $

Stay tuned these may drop slightly in the next week or two but they will start to rise again ~1 month out.

Keep us posted on your trip as I am planning another trip to Vegas in March with some poker buddies from work.

p.s. "lovely Circus Circus Manor Rooms" - these rooms are anything but lovely. They are however very cheap, they are clean and if you have a vehicle in Vegas they have easy parking and quick access to the service road. Good for travelling with a group of cheap guys but if you want to impress loved ones avoid them.