First day stats for 6 max

Hey, finally decided to check the 6 handed tables. I really had no idea what I was doing, I only went in after reading a couple times yesterday how profitable the short-handed games can be. Anyways, since I hadn't read any advice for playing 6 handed, I just wanted to know if my stats were in an acceptable range.

VPIP - 35% PFR - 15% WSD - 30% W$SD - 54% Aggression - 2.7

Please comment or ask for something important I left out.

Comments

• I'd say your aggression should be more like 3.5, your PFR 25%, your shields at 92%, your armour at 45 and your magic at 65 and don't ever forget the power crystals
  • 35% seems a LITTLE high. Could be small sample size, could be that you're playing too many speculative hands or too many hands in EP. 25-30% should be good at a full 6-handed table.
  • GTA Poker wrote:
    I'd say your aggression should be more like 3.5, your PFR 25%, your shields at 92%, your armour at 45 and your magic at 65 and don't ever forget the power crystals

LOL, good one, the green power crystals are the best!
  • ......you guys are telling me to raise almost every hand I play?
  • Yes pretty much raise most hands. If people are limping too much you can get away with limping behind some suited connectors and such but usually these hands need to be folded because there aren't enough players seeing the flop to get the needed odds. 35% VPIP is a bit high you probably don't want to be over 30% and you can even be lower until you get confortable playing more marginal spots.
  • Since I'm here asking about 6 handed, anyone have any links to good articles on the subject?
  • twoplustwo has a whole forum dedicated to Small Stakes Short-Handed.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=headsup

People occasionally post their stats in there. I think more important than stats are the way you play the hands postflop. The reason shorthanded play is more potentially profitable is because you are making decisions much more frequently than a full ring game. The less mistakes you make, the more money you make. HPFAP has a section on shorthanded play as well.
  • Hork42 wrote:
    HPFAP has a section on shorthanded play as well.

HPFAP?
  • westside8 wrote:
    Hork42 wrote:
    HPFAP has a section on shorthanded play as well.

HPFAP?

Hold'em Poker for Advanced Players.
  • Hold'em Poker for Advanced Players.

Any other book (or video) recommendations?
  • Check out www.pokerpages.com

A guy named Nick Eisel writes specifically on shorthanded low limit hold em.

Pretty good writer.

Cheers
  • There isn't much in print.

Only other book i can suggest is Theory of Poker.
  • Any other book (or video) recommendations?

Crap. I didn't actually expect to get good responses (I should know better). I almost feel bad now.

Troll post fishing I guess between a certain video promotion and a certain person that hates ad nauseum book recommendation threads... I expected to get nailed on that one. :)
  • 6-handed is a great way to build the roll.
    I did a single $500 buy-in on UB about 2 weeks ago and have turned it into $10900 as of today. This is playing 5/10 NL. I've had a great run and hope it keeps up.

Wader
  • zero wrote:
    ......you guys are telling me to raise almost every hand I play?

Well, you're only playing good hands, right, Mr. Tight Aggressive?
  • funkymunky wrote:
    zero wrote:
    ......you guys are telling me to raise almost every hand I play?

Well, you're only playing good hands, right, Mr. Tight Aggressive?

I hate these posts. I cant tell whether its an insult or not.