Brantford NL tournament

Hello all.

This coming Monday January 9th, there shall be a NL tournament in Brantford starting at 7:30 pm. Just a short drive from either London or Toronto, your drive time would be 60 minutes.

2500 in chips to start. 20 minute levels, blinds begin at 10-20 and move up slowly (antes begin at 4th level).

Cost is $330 at the door or $300 in advance.

For full details, please email me at...

gutshottournaments@gmail.com

Comments

• This is being run by one of the Brantford regulars, and there should be lots of Brantford players there if you know what I mean.  Some good players, but the other standard fare which says "I'm pot committed (QJo in ep, and 2 BB in the pot with a 20BB stack) and pushes thier stack".  I'm going, so there should be some extra dead money.

Cheers
    Magi
  • Since several people requesting blinds and stack info, I'll post it here.

2500 chips to begin.

20 minute rounds.

10-20, 20-40, 30-60, 50-100, 50-100, 75-150, 100-200, 150-300, 200-400, 300-600, 500-1000, etc...

As you can see, very slow increase in the blinds.

Hopefully this helps.
  • I just spoke with the organizer, and he seems like a very decent guy.  His structure is great, and he's not going to retire off this tournament or anything, if you know what I'm saying.

So, I'm going along with my friend Mike, if only to try and take all of Magithigh's chips.  ;)

Maybe I'll see some of you there.... should be a good one.
  • Where is this tour....please send directions
  • For directions please call me at

416 817 3417
  • I was told that was the wrong number

If you'd like call me at 519 589-3420
  • I saw Aces with the muscle and was not intimidated.  With arms and fists swinging and feet flying the four of us settled the dispute.  Good thing Aces thumb was not injured in the melee.  I think his muscle tried hard to protect the thumb because I could see it and was gunning for it.

Alas, Aces did not take all my chips -- hopefully he got some from someone after I busted out.   I was moved to Aces table after an hour and we were both card dead!  I looked down and saw QJ sooooted and pushed my M4 in and got called by AQo.  I made my flush but was beat by the full house.  Ouch.  Surprisingly I was only a 2.2 to 1 dog.  Only three pairs would have been horrible -- AA-KK and I'm a 8.5 to 1 dog, and QQ I'm a 9 to 1 dog.  Good tournament -- look forward to the next one.

Cheers
    Magi
  • LOL Lou. It was nice playing with you as always.

I would have pushed with QJs in your spot as well, FWIW. I ended up busting out in 11th place, when the blinds were 500/1000 with a 100 ante. I was in MP with 3400, folded to me, I moved in with J8s, and was called by Kelly's 88. No jack for me, and that was that!

I enjoyed the tournament, and I thought it was well-run. Hopefully I can make it to the next one.

BTW, my cards never improved. The only reason I lasted as long as I did was because I moved in with 5XBB with 58s, was called by AQ, and flopped a straight lol. Oh yeah, and I moved in with A9s from the SB after the loose button raised--looked like a steal attempt to me--and was called by 55. I hit my 9 on the river.
  • all_aces wrote:
    I moved in with A9s from the SB
    I respected you before, but now you're my hero! A9 RULES!
  • beanie42 wrote:
    all_aces wrote:
    I moved in with A9s from the SB
    I respected you before, but now you're my hero! A9 RULES!

As soon as I saw Devin post moving in with A9, I just said to myself "I wonder how long it'll take for beanie to jump on this"
    :D
  • westside8 wrote:
    As soon as I saw Devin post moving in with A9, I just said to myself "I wonder how long it'll take for beanie to jump on this"
    Apparantly the answer is 3 minutes 10 seconds.
  • all_aces wrote:
    LOL Lou.  It was nice playing with you as always.

I would have pushed with QJs in your spot as well, FWIW.  I ended up busting out in 11th place, when the blinds were 500/1000 with a 100 ante.  I was in MP with 3400, folded to me, I moved in with J8s, and was called by Kelly's 88.  No jack for me, and that was that!

I enjoyed the tournament, and I thought it was well-run.  Hopefully I can make it to the next one.

BTW, my cards never improved.  The only reason I lasted as long as I did was because I moved in with 5XBB with 58s, was called by AQ, and flopped a straight lol.  Oh yeah, and I moved in with A9s from the SB after the loose button raised--looked like a steal attempt to me--and was called by 55.  I hit my 9 on the river.

Thank you to everyone who came out.  37 players, 6 hours.  Troy {the philipino gentleman} ended winning, turning a flush and calling the other player's all in.  Hope to have an even bigger turnout for the next event, expected in early February. 

Sorry about the typo for my phone number. 

The 58 all in was great.  The player with AQ took 30 or 40 seconds to call and when he did, Devin burst out "ooops" and told his brother "Go warm up the car, we're leaving!!".  As the dealer burned the first card and slowly opened up the flop, it was perfect.  6...7...4! 
  • About 5 minutes before that I told Aces to get his money in as an underdog and I will deal up miracles. That one was a bit of a stretch even for my dealing.
  • Heyyyy... I didn't know you were from the forum!!! Next time say so... I love forum people. And next time please deal me more premium hands. Thanks in advance!
  • pokerdro wrote:
    About 5 minutes before that I told Aces to get his money in as an underdog and I will deal up miracles.  That one was a bit of a stretch even for my dealing.

What happened to my miracle -- I was laughing when I was drawing to the flush after the flop!

Cheers
    Magi
  • Unfortunately I wasn't expecting that move so I couldn't stack the deck ;). LOL. I did get your hopes up on the flush draw thou.