Currently Playing the UB 10 dollar limit tourney, 2nd in chips...

Screen name dinosaurcourt, see you there.

Cheers

Comments

• Currently in fourth with 50 players remaining
  • Keep up the good work, good luck the rest of the way.
  • Thanks, I'm in fifth with thirty remaining, so we'll see where it goes from here, It's been a pretty cold deck for a bit, so I'm being patient.

Cheers
  • First place with a fairly healthy stack, 25 players remaining.
  • nearly dead now, after some tough beats, sets on the river, and some poor plays, overplaying and hanging on too long with AK and QQ, not over yet
  • well dammit, it's this sort of thing that reminds you what an amateur you are. 11th place, out of the money. My final hand was AQ against J6, he hit a 6.

BBC, if you have any commentary from any of the hands you watched, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers
  • BBC, if you have any commentary from any of the hands you watched, I'd appreciate it.

Too bad, I closed UB just before I came here.. so I dont have the HH anymore.

What was your read on that final hand? Your opponent gave you a great way out with his bet on the flop..
  • are you referring to the final hand of my tourney, with my AQ against his J6. Hmmm, well, he had been running fairly loose, so my feeling was that while he might not call with anything, he definitely would have a wider range, considering I was on the button, and he in the big blind. He'd also been betting out alot on raggedy flops not necessarily needing much to do so. Taking that into account with the fact that I had already felt pretty committed to the hand, after I raised the flop I essentially had a bet and a half left, so I raised, he called. Which made me think he definitely did not have a seven, on the turn, he checked, I bet, he asked big pair, and raised for my last 6 hundred.

At that point I had to call no?

I think that hand went bad, but really I didn't have enough left to fight anymore. I think a bigger hand was calling down a check raised flop and then turn river with QQ when an Ace flopped. I also got rivered one hand with 10 8 on a ten high flop when an 8 hit the river making my opponent trips with his 88. Same thing I did with the QQ except I lost that one. I also severely overplayed AK one hand. It would seem to be that combination of things which decimated my stack, and left me hoping to get lucky with AQ.

It seemed to happen so quick that I went from chip leader to rail. I guess 12 thou is not that much when it gets to 400 - 800
  • P.S, that last one was my fiftieth post, so I'm now a junior member. I'm going to DQ.

Cheers
  • Nope, I dont have any problems based on your read.

One comment, I dont know about the value of chatting with your opponents the way you were but it depends if you enjoy the social aspects of online poker or not.. Personally, I dont say anything unless it's a FU after they bust me out :)
  • Thanks man, I'm gonna play the same tourney tonight, and take another crack at it.