Live Update...Sit and Go Special at Damians (Kitchener)

We are still on the first sit and go......started late....as always....Four players left
Abdula ($10 bounty on his head)

Dr. Ventura (Chip lead)
Matt (killed QQ with 77 then KK with 22)
Mike

We will be hosting an all night sit and go special. We are hoping to get at least THREE sit'n gos going through out the night. The first will be a $40+4; which will start at 6pm, second will be a $60+6; which will start at 8pm and the third will players choice which will be a cash game or more sit'n gos which will start at 10 pm.... These little tourneys will be at most a 10 seater and min a 6 seater.....

the pay outs will be as follows:

IF they are a 10 person, first gets 50%, second gets 30% and third gets 20% ( top three pay outs)
IF they are a 6 person, first gets 60% and second gets 40% (Top two pay outs)

PLEASE IF interested Reply back ASAP because seating is limited....
There will be a small (10%) registration fee which will include Full Bar and Snacks....

call Damian at 519-574-7045 or Abdul at 519-807-2585

Comments

• 1. Abdul A.K.A EGYPT (I'm personaly puting a $10 bounty on his head)
    2. Damian
    3. Matt
    4. Paulo
    5. Anthony
    6. Mike
    7. Adam
    8. Dr. Ventura
    9. Sam

Wait list:

• 1. Abdul A.K.A EGYPT (I'm personaly puting a $10 bounty on his head) love you buddy
    2. Paulo
    3. Sam
    4. Damian
    5. Matt
    6. Sammy A.K.A MaFiA A.K.A Pure Hustla 1 time...
    7. Dr. Ventura A.K.A Poker stars HO
    8. Adam
    10.Call before 10pm and I will hold a seat

Wait List:

• I was itching to play poker tonight, but it's too bad about the few hours notice. I am going to a qualification tournament in Mississauga tonight, then a cash game in Etobicoke.
  • Well Gl tonight Blondefish hope that u do well... BUT Wiill be having a 2/4 nl game on wednesday if ur interested NEWAYS message back if u want in or if ur looking for info on our games... once again Gl hope u win...
  • Perhaps this isn't the place for a comment, but I will make one nonetheless. Personally, I would not play in a game where there is a rake and the people collecting the rake are in the game, as well as their friends. It just makes me uncomfortable.

Just a comment, take it for what it is worth.
  • Perhaps this isn't the place for a comment, but I will make one nonetheless. Personally, I would not play in a game where there is a rake and the people collecting the rake are in the game, as well as their friends. It just makes me uncomfortable.
    Just a comment, take it for what it is worth.
    I'm very sorry that you feel this way, however your making a very ignorant comment. You've never attended one of my events. Anyone that plays here is a player and we all treat each other as friends. We're poker players there is nothing I enjoy better then busting my Buddy's nuts. This is a night to have some fun with poker.
    There is absolutely no rake of any sort. If your playing in both tournaments there is a total of a $10 registration fee and that covers your FULL BAR and snacks. Any time I have hosted one of these tourney I've lost money on beverages and playing. I run these events for two reasons;
    show of my playing environment to new players
    and to have a good time

But thank you for showing interest.

PS
    Happy B-Day!!!!!! I wish you BIG cards.
  • I disagree that my comment is ignorant. I am not being ingorant by expressing my concern. I did not accuse you of anything. I don't know you. I just simply said that charging a rake (and it is a rake, trust me on this one under the eyes of the law it's a rake) and playing makes me feel uncomfortable. That is all. I wish you all the luck and I am sure your list will fill up.

Personally I usually play at Bristol or Beanie's place. I also plan to play at Kelly's.

Thanks for the B-day props.
  • I personally agree with Flint Bones' opinion.  I love the no-fee structure of the games of g2 (any others?) where players can bring their own drinks, pizza, etc.  I believe that any kind of fee is considered illegal and don't want to be paid a visit by the infamous Kitchener-Waterloo police.

When I was playing in a poker game recently, a police car parked in the front and two officers went in looking for the organizer! :o The organizer was extremely traumatized and in tears.
    I just simply said that charging a rake (and it is a rake, trust me on this one under the eyes of the law it's a rake) and playing makes me feel uncomfortable.
  • Once again you must not know the truth behind our registration fee... This fee is for the cost of the food and the drinks. Its a mere $10 which I and so many others don't see as being a problem... AT Kelly's place there is a Rake and in actuallity its is a lot more expensive then comming to one of my wonderful games...But the truth of the matter is that everyone has there own oppinion on where the would like to play.. u might like to play at kelly's, others may like to play here. I hope you (Blonde Fish) can understand that its a mere surcharge which goes to help pay the cost of enjoying a great night a Damians....well if I had it my way you would come one day and check it out, even if ur just stopping in for a drink... Just so u can see what i mean... Once again Thank you fo your concern and I hope you keep up the input..
  • BlondeFish wrote:
    I love the no-fee structure of the games of g2 (any others?)
    In KW, Zithal (Bristol) and I (Cook Crew) do (my next one is posted at http://pokerforum.ca/forum/index.php?topic=7206.0).
    BlondeFish wrote:
    When I was playing in a poker game recently, a police car parked in the front and two officers went in looking for the organizer! :o The organizer was extremely traumatized and in tears.
    Any additional details about this - was this a raked game or some other specific problem they came for, or just a normal home game?
    Once again you must not know the truth behind our registration fee... This fee is for the cost of the food and the drinks.
    I believe you are mistaken, and what you are doing IS illegal. Search the forum for the numerous discussions on the legality of this in Ontario, and more specifically consult a lawyer.
    I just simply said that charging a rake (and it is a rake, trust me on this one under the eyes of the law it's a rake) and playing makes me feel uncomfortable.
    I also plan to play at Kelly's.
    Flint - when at Kelly's previously the proprietors have been playing, although I don't know if that was temporary or if it will continue (they can clarify).  Personally, I don't have a problem with that, but just FYI since that would bother you.
  • Well I see we probably wont see eye to eye on this one... Your oppinion matters to me and I do appreciate the advice.. so on that note thank you once again for the input and I hope to talk to u more and mabye and one point we will have the luxury of being opponents in the future... Hope to see new faces tonight and GOOD LUCK to all the Players Remember Call if u want to be put on the list or message me if u want to be put up....thanks
  • Hey guys,

I have played at Damian's and it is a friendly game. He does do alot for his players and you get treated very well there.

I think there is enough room for a few games in town, and you guys are right there are alot of rake-free games being hosted. Being able to play with your freinds, have a few drinks etc is awesome. Not everyone can host and not everyone wants to play for $10 buy-ins. Just like you can go to a house party or out to the bar, you have a choice, not everyone agrees with paying $6 bucks a beer, when you can do it at home for nothing, not everyone wants to self deal or host.

Damian offers bigger limits and a different group of players. There are things that we all do that we could all have disagreements with.

Damian's and Kelly's place offer different environments and atmospheres, you choose which one you like.
  • Thank You (Redington) for the added support and the truthful oppinion...Like you said everyone has their own choice and thoughts on were they would like to play...All we can do is try to provide a hospitable atmosphere and hope that ppl enjoy their time while playing at Damian's house.. Thanks once again and hope to see new faces tonight.
  • HELLO everyone!! I would like to Thank all the great players that have come and stopped in for the odd cash game, and I would like to thank all of our regulars... Hope to see u all tonight Cheesy